CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 8/28/2016  (Read 6606 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 06:30:48 AM »

Quote of the Day

Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.

Stephen Leacock

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »

6 days.  The countdown begins in earnest.
Really 4 Days, plenty of games on Thursday Night including 2 top 10 ranked teams and a few conference games.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/28/2016,
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 07:00:01 AM »

Happy Go Topless Day!

GoTopless Day always falls at the Sunday closest to Women's Equality Day, Aug 26. It is indeed on Aug 26, 1920 that women earned their right to vote on the basis of Gender Equality. In 1971, the US Congress has made Aug 26 into a nationally recognized date and named it "Women's Equality Day". The president of the United States is summoned to commemorate this date each year.

It is only logical that GoTopless Day protests (or celebrations depending on the legal status of your city) would fall around Women's Equality Day since the right to go topless for women is based on gender equality as their right to vote once was.

On Sunday Aug. 28, people in cities around the world are invited to stand up for women's right to go topless in public.
Guess I need to take a ride into the city.
(Austin should be a good one for this!)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 07:01:11 AM »

6 days.  The countdown begins in earnest.
Really 4 Days, plenty of games on Thursday Night including 2 top 10 raked teams and a few conference games.
Yea, OK, there are other teams playing too.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »

Morning TexDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 07:02:20 AM »

Thanks for giving us a fine startoff this morning BD although I'm sure you're back for another snooze currently.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor Sonny Shroyer is 81. Actor Ken Jenkins is 76. Former Defense Secretary William S. Cohen is 76. Actor David Soul is 73. Former pop singer-musician Honey Lantree (The Honeycombs) is 73. Former MLB manager and player Lou Piniella is 73. Actress Barbara Bach is 70. Actress Debra Mooney is 69. Singer Wayne Osmond (The Osmonds) is 65. Actor Daniel Stern is 59. Olympic gold medal figure skater Scott Hamilton is 58. Actor John Allen Nelson is 57. Actress Emma Samms is 56. Actress Jennifer Coolidge is 55. Movie director David Fincher is 54. Actress Amanda Tapping is 51. Country singer Shania (shah-NY'-uh) Twain is 51. Actor Billy Boyd is 48. Actor Jack Black is 47. Actor Jason Priestley is 47. Olympic gold medal swimmer Janet Evans is 45. Actor J. August Richards is 43. Rock singer-musician Max Collins (Eve 6) is 38. Actress Carly Pope is 36. Country singer Jake Owen is 35. Country singer LeAnn Rimes is 34. Actress Kelly Thiebaud (TV: "General Hospital") is 34. Actor Alfonso Herrera (TV: "The Exorcist") is 33. Actress Sarah Roemer is 32. Actor Armie Hammer is 30. Rock singer Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine) is 30. Actress Shalita Grant (TV: "NCIS: New Orleans") is 28. Country-pop singer Cassadee Pope (TV: "The Voice") is 27. Actress Katie Findlay is 26. Actor/singer Samuel Larsen is 25. Actor Kyle Massey is 25. Actress Quvenzhane (kwuh-VEHN'-zhah-nay) Wallis is 13. Reality TV star Alana Thompson, AKA "Honey Boo Boo," is 11.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 07:05:59 AM »

Thought for Today: "One starts to get young at the age of 60 and then it is too late." - Pablo Picasso, Spanish artist (1881-1973).

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 07:07:09 AM »

Morning TexDave.
Morning Travellin Dave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »

Happy Go Topless Day!

GoTopless Day always falls at the Sunday closest to Women's Equality Day, Aug 26. It is indeed on Aug 26, 1920 that women earned their right to vote on the basis of Gender Equality. In 1971, the US Congress has made Aug 26 into a nationally recognized date and named it "Women's Equality Day". The president of the United States is summoned to commemorate this date each year.

It is only logical that GoTopless Day protests (or celebrations depending on the legal status of your city) would fall around Women's Equality Day since the right to go topless for women is based on gender equality as their right to vote once was.

On Sunday Aug. 28, people in cities around the world are invited to stand up for women's right to go topless in public.
I would be scared of what I might see in Austin.  Denver and Biulder seem to be the big spots for this celebration.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »

Barbara Bach is 70 and Shania Twain is 51.....sheesh!   :o

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 07:16:01 AM »

Happy Go Topless Day!

I would be scared of what I might see in Austin.  Denver and Biulder seem to be the big spots for this celebration.
I'm in full support of those rights!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 07:21:55 AM »

Potential for Tropical Activity in the Gulf of Mexico this week.

Robust tropical wave is bringing heavy showers and thunderstorms to Cuba and the Bahamas. This wave still lacks a defined circulation center, but there are signs that one is trying to develop on the western edge of the deep convection, just north of Cuba. However, these cyclonic circulations have come and gone over the past several days as they have tracked into dry and more stable air, causing them to weaken. Upper-level wind shear over the past several days has also been a negative factor against this system strengthening.

The system will approach the Florida Straits today and should enter the southeastern Gulf of Mexico by Monday. Weak upper-level wind shear will support development and possible strengthening along the way, but on the other hand, dry air in its path will prohibit development, so it remains to be seen how this feature will unfold over the weekend. Model consensus shows a path to the northwest and north across the eastern Gulf of Mexico the early to middle part of next week. It is not out of the question that this feature strengthens into a tropical depression or storm at this time.

The main impacts of this robust tropical wave will be flooding downpours and gusty winds across South Florida and the northern Bahamas today into Monday. Flash flooding and possible mudslides in the higher terrain will impact Cuba through this weekend. A track closer to Florida next week could lead to flooding rain and gusty winds along the west coast of Florida.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:23 AM »

Happy Go Topless Day!

I'm in full support of those rights!
You seem to be far too gender oriented.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:42 AM »

In Austin, they are supposed to meet at the Barton Springs Pool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7