Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
8/28/2016
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:13:37 AM »

6 days.  The countdown begins in earnest.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

Auburn staggers in with five arrests and one dismissal.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:46:53 AM »

Good evening everyone.  Just thought I would hang out for a few minutes...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 12:58:28 AM »

I thought I would wake up from my nightly nap for a nice refreshing Alka-Seltzer.  Then I realized it contains, Baking Soda, Aspirin, and Citric Acid.  If I would add something sweet to that such as molasses or honey, I'd have a Cancar Cure...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:59 AM »

My grandkids came over this morning around 8:30 a.m.  What's interesting about being retired is, I have this non-stop running picture loop in my head of me lying in a hammock on a beach drinking tropical drinks.  But in real retirement world it's, getting up between 6-8 a.m., making breakfast for grandkids, doing the dishes, playing games, and watching a Pee Wee Herman movie.  Hey, they begged me to watch that movie..  So I loved it when my 4 year old grandson got to meet Large Marge.  Ha...ha...  He jumped up scare and ran over to me.  Out of breath, he was trying to explain to me how Large Marge's eyes started unscrewing from her head and popped out....!!!  (ya gotta love your grandkids...!)

Oh well.... Maybe I'll get to that beach tomorrow... :)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 01:52:08 AM »

I left an Acid Kuba KUba Maduro cigar on my coffee table last night.

My 4 year old grandson went walking past the coffee table a few time and finally found it.

He screamed real loud (kids do that), "AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa !!!!  What's this turd doing here....??????

I picked it up from the ashtray and smelled it....  Then I looked at my grandson and said, "It still smells fresh no me...!  Do you want'a give it a sniff....?"  He's screaming....., "Noooooo!"

I said, "It sort of smells like a burnt campfire.."  With that he took a sniff...  I continued," It's a cigar, not a turd.., silly...!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 02:15:12 AM »

What's fun about my grandson is, "When I take him to preschool, I get to meet all of the new mommies...!"  yeah..!

We were the 2nd people to have arrive at school.  He's on the 2nd floor, so he dashes up the stairs.  When he get's to the top of the stairs he's pleasantly looked surprised and was greeted by his new best friend, "Henry."   I said, "Hi Henry...., are you familiar with the song, "I'm Henry the 8th I Am..."  And he gets a big grin on his face....

I said, "You might not have heard that, since it's sung by a British group...

With that, here come Henry's mom....  She's pushing a stroller, and I swere, "She looks just like a Barbie Doll..."  I couldn't take my eyes off of her legs.  While looking at her waist area, I thought her waist couldn't be this high up.  Thinking she was wearing high heels to make her waist that high, I look down, and she's wearing flats... Those were some long, long legs.  She was wearing one of those black tight clingly outfits (they are not tights, but sort of like that).

She heard me mention British music, and she was wanting to meet my grandson since he was her sons new best friend.

So guess what....?  That made me her new best friend too...  :)

So I'm rating, "Retired preschool days," 5 out of 5 Stars.  (at the moment :)

Later Guys....

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 8/28/2016
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 02:33:49 AM »

Goodnight....  Hey, I remembered, "Sunday..."  Big breakfast on Sundays...!

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 03:05:31 AM »

I left an Acid Kuba KUba Maduro cigar on my coffee table last night.

My 4 year old grandson went walking past the coffee table a few time and finally found it.

He screamed real loud (kids do that), "AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa !!!!  What's this turd doing here....??????

I picked it up from the ashtray and smelled it....  Then I looked at my grandson and said, "It still smells fresh no me...!  Do you want'a give it a sniff....?"  He's screaming....., "Noooooo!"

I said, "It sort of smells like a burnt campfire.."  With that he took a sniff...  I continued," It's a cigar, not a turd.., silly...!
I'm with your grandson on this one... It's a turd.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 06:13:55 AM »

Nice waking up to some Turd Talk this morning ::)

Grandkid was absolutely correct!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 06:14:35 AM »

Morning People's.

Re: 8/28/2016,
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 06:18:32 AM »

Happy Go Topless Day!

GoTopless Day always falls at the Sunday closest to Women's Equality Day, Aug 26. It is indeed on Aug 26, 1920 that women earned their right to vote on the basis of Gender Equality. In 1971, the US Congress has made Aug 26 into a nationally recognized date and named it "Women's Equality Day". The president of the United States is summoned to commemorate this date each year.

It is only logical that GoTopless Day protests (or celebrations depending on the legal status of your city) would fall around Women's Equality Day since the right to go topless for women is based on gender equality as their right to vote once was.

On Sunday Aug. 28, people in cities around the world are invited to stand up for women's right to go topless in public.

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 06:22:55 AM »

August 28 is the 240th day of the year (241st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 125 days remaining until the end of the year. This date is slightly more likely to fall on a Tuesday, Friday or Sunday (58 in 400 years each) than on Wednesday or Thursday (57), and slightly less likely to occur on a Monday or Saturday (56).

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 06:24:20 AM »

On this day in the year:

475 – The Roman general Orestes forces western Roman Emperor Julius Nepos to flee his capital city, Ravenna.
489 – Theodoric, king of the Ostrogoths defeats Odoacer at the Battle of Isonzo, forcing his way into Italy.
663 – Silla–Tang armies crush the Baekje restoration attempt and force Yamato Japan to withdraw from Korea in the Battle of Baekgang.
1189 – Third Crusade: The Crusaders begin the Siege of Acre under Guy of Lusignan.
1521 – The Ottoman Turks occupy Belgrade.
1524 – The Kaqchikel Maya rebel against their former Spanish allies during the Spanish conquest of Guatemala.
1542 – Turkish–Portuguese War (1538–57): Battle of Wofla: The Portuguese are scattered, their leader Christovão da Gama is captured and later executed.
1565 – Pedro Menéndez de Avilés sights land near St. Augustine, Florida and founds the oldest continuously occupied European-established city in the continental United States.
1609 – Henry Hudson discovers Delaware Bay.
1619 – Election of Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor.
1640 – Second Bishop's War: King Charles I's English army loses to a Scottish Covenanter force at the Battle of Newburn.
1648 – Siege of Colchester ended when Royalists Forces surrender to the Parliamentary Forces after eleven weeks, during the English Civil War.
1709 – Meidingnu Pamheiba is crowned King of Manipur.
1789 – William Herschel discovers a new moon of Saturn: Enceladus.
1810 – Battle of Grand Port: The French accept the surrender of a British Navy fleet.
1830 – The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's new Tom Thumb steam locomotive races a horse-drawn car, presaging steam's role in US railroads.
1833 – The Slavery Abolition Act 1833 receives Royal Assent, abolishing slavery through most of the British Empire.
1845 – The first issue of Scientific American magazine is published.
1849 – After a month-long siege, Venice, which had declared itself independent as the Republic of San Marco, surrenders to Austria.
1859 – The Carrington event disrupts electrical telegraph services and causes aurora to shine so brightly that they are seen clearly over the Earth's middle latitudes.
1861 – American Civil War: Union forces attack Cape Hatteras, North Carolina in the Battle of Hatteras Inlet Batteries which lasts for two days.
1862 – American Civil War: Second Battle of Bull Run, also known as the Battle of Second Manassas. The battle ends on August 30.
1867 – The United States takes possession of the (at this point unoccupied) Midway Atoll.
1879 – Cetshwayo, last king of the Zulus, is captured by the British.
1898 – Caleb Bradham invents the carbonated soft drink that will later be called "Pepsi-Cola".
1901 – Silliman University is founded in the Philippines. The first American private school in the country.
1909 – A group of mid-level Greek Army officers launches the Goudi coup, seeking wide-ranging reforms.
1913 – Queen Wilhelmina opens the Peace Palace in The Hague.
1914 – World War I: The Royal Navy defeats the German fleet in the Battle of Heligoland Bight.
1914 – World War I: German troops take the city of Namur in Belgium.
1916 – World War I: Germany declares war on Romania.
1916 – World War I: Italy declares war on Germany.
1917 – Ten Suffragettes are arrested while picketing the White House.
1924 – The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
1931 – France and the Soviet Union sign a treaty of non-aggression.
1937 – Toyota Motors becomes an independent company.
1943 – World War II: In Denmark, a general strike against the Nazi occupation starts.
1944 – World War II: Marseille and Toulon are liberated.
1955 – Black teenager Emmett Till is brutally murdered in Mississippi, galvanizing the nascent Civil Rights Movement.
1957 – U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond begins a filibuster to prevent the Senate from voting on Civil Rights Act of 1957; he stopped speaking 24 hours and 18 minutes later, the longest filibuster ever conducted by a single Senator.
1963 – March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom: The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his I Have a Dream speech
1963 – Emily Hoffert and Janice Wylie are murdered in their Manhattan apartment, prompting the events that would lead to the passing of the Miranda Rights.
1964 – The Philadelphia race riot begins.
1968 – Riots in Chicago, Illinois, during the Democratic National Convention.
1979 – An IRA bomb explodes at the Grote Markt in Brussels.
1988 – Ramstein air show disaster: Three aircraft of the Frecce Tricolori demonstration team collide and the wreckage falls into the crowd. Seventy-five are killed and 346 seriously injured.
1990 – Iraq declares Kuwait to be its newest province.
1990 – An F5 tornado strikes the Illinois cities of Plainfield and Joliet, killing 29 people.
1993 – The Galileo spacecraft discovers a moon, later named Dactyl, around 243 Ida, the first known asteroid moon.
1998 – Pakistan's National Assembly passes a constitutional amendment to make the "Qur'an and Sunnah" the "supreme law" but the bill is defeated in the Senate.
1998 – Second Congo War: Loyalist troops backed by Angolan and Zimbabwean forces repulse the RCD and Rwandan offensive on Kinshasa.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7