CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 2/27/2016  (Read 14052 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 2/27/2016
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »

Made myself a nice buy on Famous Bid

$25 for a La Flor Dominicana Toro Selection

1 LFD Air Bender Guerrero Natural (6 1/4 x 54)
1 LFD Double Ligero No. 654 Dark Natural (6 x 54)
1 LFD Double Ligero No. 654 Maduro (6 x 54)
1 LFD Ligero Cabinet Osc L-400 Oscuro (5 3/4 x 54)
1 LFD Ligero L400 Natural (5 3/4 x 54)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »

I was shopping at the local Harris-Teeter, and there was a woman setting up a sampling table for her Ginger Beer.
She is from a family that originally  settled in Bermuda or the Bahamas, then went to the Turks & Caicos where
the produced 80% of the salt used in the British Colonies, then in the States during the 1600-1800's.
The family also produced a ginger beer, before the amber waves of grain after the expansion of the States
following the War of 1812, which made grain available for fermenting.  Before that it was sugar cane baby ...
This stuff was tasty!!! and complex.  She is the brewer, done at a brewery in Greenville, SC.
If you know anyone who needs a gluten-free brew ... let them know about this.
It is a true Ginger Beer brewed from cane sugar and ginger, with a fresh fruit citrus touch added ... perfect for a Dark and Stormy
with Gosling's Black Seal rum. She's only in a few states right now, DC south - VA, NC, SC, moving into GA.
Oh, it's called Islander Ginger Beer ... 5% ABV  4pk 12oz. bottles ... pricey at !2.99 ($3.25/bottle) ...
but I tell you ... this could be the pool side adult beverage for many, if they can get people to try it.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2016, 06:13:24 PM »

Man, that is a nice buy, TR.  P.S. PM sent.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »

I was shopping at the local Harris-Teeter, and there was a woman setting up a sampling table for her Ginger Beer.
She is from a family that originally  settled in Bermuda or the Bahamas, then went to the Turks & Caicos where
the produced 80% of the salt used in the British Colonies, then in the States during the 1600-1800's.
The family also produced a ginger beer, before the amber waves of grain after the expansion of the States
following the War of 1812, which made grain available for fermenting.  Before that it was sugar cane baby ...
This stuff was tasty!!! and complex.  She is the brewer, done at a brewery in Greenville, SC.
It is a true Ginger Beer brewed from cane sugar and ginger, with a fresh fruit citrus touch added ... perfect for a Dark and Stormy
with Gosling's Black Seal rum. She's only in a few states right now, DC south - VA, NC, SC, moving into GA.
Oh, it's called Islander Ginger Beer ... 5% ABV  4pk 12oz. bottles ... pricey at !2.99 ($3.25/bottle) ...
but I tell you ... this could be the pool side adult beverage for many, if they can get people to try it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2016, 06:16:49 PM »

Man, that is a nice buy, TR.  P.S. PM sent.
Replied

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 06:17:28 PM »

Interesting, I will be in SC in May so will see if I can find some.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »

This is an old fashion Ginger Ale made in SC and it will blow your eyes outbox their sockets

Hamer, South Carolina – Blenheim Ginger Ale

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »

Interesting, I will be in SC in May so will see if I can find some.
I hope you can find it, she has an agreement with Harris Teeter to market it through them.  She was amazing to talk with, but
the Ginger Beer was so tasty & complex in a natural kind of way ... I think it has the potential to really take off ... plus it being gluten free
a lot of people are going that way, even when they don't medically need to. 
See you later, TR, I have to hit the road to meet my buddy.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »

This is an old fashion Ginger Ale made in SC and it will blow your eyes outbox their sockets

Is it real spicy hot?  The Islander is tasty and zesty but not a tongue burner.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

Is it real spicy hot?  The Islander is tasty and zesty but not a tongue burner.

Blenheim: Good For What Ales You

Innocuous packaging and the words ginger ale do nothing to warn the unsuspecting of Blenheim's fiery kick!

Concocted from a secret blend of spices, this South Carolina icon is one that will both quench your thirst and set your mouth ablaze. While its reputation spans the country, Blenheim's has deep roots in the Pee Dee region of our state.

Thankfully, there are three spicy varieties of Blenheim Ginger Ale to choose from: Hot (pink cap), Not As Hot (gold cap), and Diet (white cap). While we happily urge you to try this unique drink, we'll recommend you try the Not As Hot first!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »

Very nice, happy I got them.
Not familiar with them.  What's the background?
melting snow in my yard

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2016, 09:38:13 PM »

Very nice, happy I got them.
Not familiar with them.  What's the background?
melting snow in my yard
Watchout for the frozen dog rockets.

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2016, 11:19:47 PM »

Hello?!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2016, 11:35:52 PM »

IS! What up Mike?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7