CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 5/2/2023  (Read 1530 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/2/2023
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 08:08:01 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »

Boilers humming.
Same.
Looks like they're actually calling for a chance of snow tonight. Sheesh.
What?
Seriously. Not gonna stick, but still, come the fuck on already.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2023, 08:17:42 AM »

But in the interest of keeping things in perspective, found out last night that my BIL and his family had a fire in their only bathroom. That's destroyed, and there's lots of water everywhere else from the fire dept putting it out. So they're in a serious state of limbo right now. I know they spent last night at a hotel, but I'm not sure what the plan is going forward. Initial estimates put the return to the house at around two months.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2023, 09:08:18 AM »

But in the interest of keeping things in perspective, found out last night that my BIL and his family had a fire in their only bathroom. That's destroyed, and there's lots of water everywhere else from the fire dept putting it out. So they're in a serious state of limbo right now. I know they spent last night at a hotel, but I'm not sure what the plan is going forward. Initial estimates put the return to the house at around two months.
Had a neighbor's house go up (started in the garage) and they were out for about 8 months. Their insurance put them up in a hotel for a little while and eventually rented them a house nearby.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2023, 09:15:58 AM »

good morning Dave and Tony.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2023, 09:17:03 AM »

Had a neighbor's house go up (started in the garage) and they were out for about 8 months. Their insurance put them up in a hotel for a little while and eventually rented them a house nearby.
Luckily it was only their bathroom, but since it's their only bathroom, they have no choice but to leave. Haven't heard any updates yet today, but they were getting in touch with insurance last night and they seemed to be helping them out pretty well.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2023, 09:17:29 AM »

The prodigal Dean returns! Morning, old timer, how's life treatin' ya?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2023, 09:19:52 AM »

well, I now have a doctor for every day of the week. that tell you anything?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2023, 09:22:08 AM »

Luckily it was only their bathroom, but since it's their only bathroom, they have no choice but to leave. Haven't heard any updates yet today, but they were getting in touch with insurance last night and they seemed to be helping them out pretty well.
sorry to hear about your BIL and family. hope they have a good insurance company. most of them down here have folded due to storm claims.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2023, 09:28:32 AM »

well, I now have a doctor for every day of the week. that tell you anything?
Sounds about right. Hope they're able to help you at least.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2023, 09:28:43 AM »

Good morning, Dean. Nice to see you on here.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2023, 09:29:59 AM »

sorry to hear about your BIL and family. hope they have a good insurance company. most of them down here have folded due to storm claims.
And any insurance company with any sense is trying to limit their exposure in FL because of the storm potential, government interference, etc.

I believe they have State Farm, so I think they should be ok.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2023, 09:30:59 AM »

And any insurance company with any sense is trying to limit their exposure in FL because of the storm potential, government interference, etc.

I believe they have State Farm, so I think they should be ok.
Jake's on it!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2023, 09:31:33 AM »

Who wins in a fight, Jake or Flo?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2023, 09:36:41 AM »

Who wins in a fight, Jake or Flo?
Jake is pretty ripped, but I feel like Flo is someone who would try to catch you off guard by tickling you before she goes for the throat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7