CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 6/22/2018  (Read 7401 times)

Threebean

Re: 6/22/2018
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2018, 05:07:38 PM »

Afternoon ClamSauceBOTL.   Back from Dallas and in the man cave with a Lirio Rojo in celebration of Friday.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2018, 05:16:28 PM »

Afternoon ClamSauceBOTL.   Back from Dallas and in the man cave with a Lirio Rojo in celebration of Friday.
Welcome home, Mark.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »

Good For You Mark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »

Something new lit up, TAA Edition FdLA Sun Grown Lancero

Waiting on baseball to start at 3:00.
That sounds like a winner. Looking forward to a cigar in about 60 minutes. May go for the Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition. I'm not a big Monte fan but I bought one of each, New York and Las Vegas.
What better choice for walking the streets of NYC
Here's the write-up on it...

Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition was blended with New York in mind. The packaging is first-class, with individual slots, retaining the cigar’s sharp box-press shape. A clean and refined black box is highlighted with New York imagery. But the real star is the blend. Using an ultra-premium Ecuadoran Habano wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Dominican fillers, it is a blend that has won over locals for years. Now it can be a part of your collection, anywhere in the world!
Sounds like an interesting smoke, there are also TX and Chicago additions, TX is a 60 RG though.
I don't believe there is only one vitola per blend.
I take that back. It appears only the New York comes in 2 sizes. But because it's box pressed, I didn't realize it was a 6x60. Seems smaller.
Supposedly the one on the left is a 60RG and on the right is a 54RG. The New York feels like a 48RG to me. Didn't think a box press would change it that drastically.

Tasted dates on the dry draw. At first light, decent floral and grassy notes.

Threebean

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.
Thank you.  Had to get off the interstate and take a back road detour as it was exhibiting classic Friday afternoon fubarism.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2018, 05:41:03 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.
Thank you.  Had to get off the interstate and take a back road detour as it was exhibiting classic Friday afternoon fubarism.
Speaking of fubar, I'm feeling like this was a waste of money. Turns out the cigar is green. One dimensional and I'm getting ammonia notes. Something tells me down time will improve it but not enough to be worth it.

Threebean

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.
Speaking of fubar, I'm feeling like this was a waste of money. Turns out the cigar is green. One dimensional and I'm getting ammonia notes. Something tells me down time will improve it but not enough to be worth it.

Sorry to hear it.  I was never much of a monte fan, either.  And "themed" cigars always make me a bit hesistant.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 05:51:49 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.

Sorry to hear it.  I was never much of a monte fan, either.  And "themed" cigars always make me a bit hesistant.
The Las Vegas was about 50% more at $18. I'll let it sit for a couple of months.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.

The Las Vegas was about 50% more at $18. I'll let it sit for a couple of months.
I like the wrapper. I noticed that when I tried to correct the burn. If this were a lancero or corona, it would be a completely different experience.

Threebean

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 05:57:29 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.

.....If this were a lancero or corona, it would be a completely different experience.
TWSS

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »

That's a nice celebration cigar.  You have a special weekend planned?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »

Welcome home, Mark.

To the canal with it....or harbor or river as applicable.

Threebean

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »

We are moving the last of our crap out of the old house tomorrow.  I guess that's special enough.  Supposed to close on the sale next week. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

We are moving the last of our crap out of the old house tomorrow.  I guess that's special enough.  Supposed to close on the sale next week.
Seems to be a gap there. Sleeping on the floor in the meantime?

Threebean

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »

Seems to be a gap there. Sleeping on the floor in the meantime?
No, we purchased a small house a while back and are living there while the from scratch house is constructed.  It's a long story involving extenuating familial circumstances. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7