Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Ha! 6 more months. I'll graduate in May. Not sure what will happen after that. I've done a few very interesting things over the last couple of years and gained some solid experience. In the end, I think I want to go back to sales. Less stress, more fun, probably better money.  8)

How's retirement, SCR?

Good to see ya, Raz!
LOL, my son says that same thing all the time......... but lawyering is doing him quite well.  Grass is always greener.........

I must say am loving retirement even better than I thought I would.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Tell me again what practice area your son is in? Has he been at it a while?

Tell me again what practice area your son is in? Has he been at it a while?
Personal Injury and some criminal, worked for a small firm doing criminal for 9 months then opened his own office about 18 months ago.  He now has one associate doing family law.
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *

Tell me again what practice area your son is in? Has he been at it a while?
Personal Injury and some criminal, worked for a small firm doing criminal for 9 months then opened his own office about 18 months ago.  He now has one associate doing family law.

So about 2.5 years total work, and on his own for 18 months, and he's doing pretty well with it? That's encouraging! Lots of doom and gloom stories out there.

Tell me again what practice area your son is in? Has he been at it a while?
Personal Injury and some criminal, worked for a small firm doing criminal for 9 months then opened his own office about 18 months ago.  He now has one associate doing family law.

So about 2.5 years total work, and on his own for 18 months, and he's doing pretty well with it? That's encouraging! Lots of doom and gloom stories out there.
Yeah, lots of stories always going but get out and work hard and there is plenty of business.

Ha! 6 more months. I'll graduate in May. Not sure what will happen after that. I've done a few very interesting things over the last couple of years and gained some solid experience. In the end, I think I want to go back to sales. Less stress, more fun, probably better money.  8)

How's retirement, SCR?

Good to see ya, Raz!
Backatcha, California boy. ;-)

Bean will be proud of me.  I have a 55 minute layover between flights heading home on Wednesday.

Afternoon, Cigarbrethren! Long time, no talk! Haven't smoked in a long time, but had a look through the humi today in anticipation of enjoying a cigar or two now that the weather is cooling of a bit. Noticed I'm still sitting on a Flor de las Antillas from Redfish and a Nica Rustica from Raz. Both look very enticing.

How have you all been?
Weather is cooling off here as well....but not necessarily conducive to cigar smoking.

Bean will be proud of me.  I have a 55 minute layover between flights heading home on Wednesday.
I'd be more impressed if you were checking luggage.

Bean will be proud of me.  I have a 55 minute layover between flights heading home on Wednesday.
I'd be more impressed if you were checking luggage.
Do that so infrequently, I have to set a notice on the phone to remember to pick it up when I do.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Pregame warmups

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Bean will be proud of me.  I have a 55 minute layover between flights heading home on Wednesday.
Oh, man, LivingOnTheEdgeDave.  Isn't it exhilarating?

Bean will be proud of me.  I have a 55 minute layover between flights heading home on Wednesday.
I'd be more impressed if you were checking luggage.
Do that so infrequently, I have to set a notice on the phone to remember to pick it up when I do.
Or just getting on in years and forgetting  schitt.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7