CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 05, 2016, 12:00:27 AM

Title: 6/5/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on June 05, 2016, 12:00:27 AM
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 12:16:01 AM
I just wanna say how proud of you post whores I am for getting us to page 9 on a Saturday. Let's see what you can do today.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:05:03 AM
We can only try Tony!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:09:24 AM
Today is Sunday, June 5, the 157th day of 2016. There are 209 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On June 5, 1916, the Arab Revolt against Turkish Ottoman rule began during World War I.

On this date:

In 1794, Congress passed the Neutrality Act, which prohibited Americans from taking part in any military action against a country that was at peace with the United States.

In 1884, Civil War hero Gen. William T. Sherman refused the Republican presidential nomination, saying, "I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected."

In 1933, the United States went off the gold standard.

In 1947, Secretary of State George C. Marshall gave a speech at Harvard University in which he outlined an aid program for Europe that came to be known as The Marshall Plan.

In 1950, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Henderson v. United States, struck down racially segregated railroad dining cars.

In 1963, Britain's Secretary of State for War, John Profumo, resigned after acknowledging an affair with call girl Christine Keeler, who was also involved with a Soviet spy, and lying to Parliament about it.

In 1967, war erupted in the Mideast as Israel raided military aircraft parked on the ground in Egypt; Syria, Jordan and Iraq entered the conflict.

In 1968, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated after claiming victory in California's Democratic presidential primary; gunman Sirhan Bishara Sirhan was arrested.

In 1976, 14 people were killed when the Teton Dam in Idaho burst.

In 1986, a federal jury in Baltimore convicted Ronald W. Pelton of selling secrets to the Soviet Union. (Pelton was sentenced to three life prison terms plus ten years.)

In 1997, former CIA officer Harold J. Nicholson was sentenced to 23 1/2 years in prison for selling defense secrets to Russia after the Cold War.

In 2004, Ronald Wilson Reagan, the 40th president of the United States, died in Los Angeles at age 93 after a long struggle with Alzheimer's disease.

Ten years ago: More than 50 National Guardsmen from Utah became the first unit to work along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of President George W. Bush's crackdown on illegal immigration. Serbian lawmakers proclaimed their Balkan republic a sovereign state after Montenegro decided to split from a union and dissolve the remnants of what was once Yugoslavia. The Paris Hilton single "Stars Are Blind" was released by Warner Bros. Records.

Five years ago: The departure of Yemen's battle-wounded president, Ali Abdullah Saleh (AH'-lee ahb-DUH'-luh sah-LEH'), for treatment in Saudi Arabia set off wild street celebrations in the capital. Israeli troops battled hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters who tried to burst across Syria's frontier with the Golan Heights, killing a reported 20 people. Rafael Nadal won his record-equaling sixth French Open title, beating Roger Federer 7-5, 7-6 (3), 5-7, 6-1.

One year ago: The Social Security Administration's inspector general found that disability beneficiaries had been overpaid by nearly $17 billion over the previous decade, raising alarms about the massive program. A broken bat flew into the stands at Fenway Park during an Oakland Athletics-Boston Red Sox game, seriously injuring fan Tonya Carpenter. Former Iraqi Prime Minister Tariq Aziz, 79, died in Nasiriyah of a heart attack while in captivity.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:09:51 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor-singer Bill Hayes is 91. Broadcast journalist Bill Moyers is 82. Former Canadian Prime Minister Joe Clark is 77. Author Margaret Drabble is 77. Country singer Don Reid (The Statler Brothers) is 71. Rock musician Fred Stone (AKA Fred Stewart) (Sly and the Family Stone) is 69. Rock singer Laurie Anderson is 69. Country singer Gail Davies is 68. Author Ken Follett is 67. Financial guru Suze Orman is 65. Rock musician Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden) is 64. Jazz musician Kenny G is 60. Rock singer Richard Butler (Psychedelic Furs) is 60. Actor Jeff Garlin is 54. Actress Karen Sillas is 53. Actor Ron Livingston is 49. Singer Brian McKnight is 47. Rock musician Claus Norreen (Aqua) is 46. Actor Mark Wahlberg is 45. Actor Chad Allen is 42. Rock musician P-Nut (311) is 42. Actress Navi Rawat (RO'-waht) is 39. Actress Liza Weil is 39. Rock musician Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) is 37. Rock musician Seb Lefebvre (Simple Plan) is 35. Actress Amanda Crew is 30. Actress Sophie Lowe is 26.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:10:16 AM
Thought for Today: "What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents." - Robert F. Kennedy, U.S. senator (1925-1968).
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:29:20 AM
Morning fellow whoring Dave.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:30:20 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:32:41 AM
We can only try Tony!
That's right, we do the best we can with a very small brothel.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:34:04 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:44:50 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
Got some of your clouds today, so no sunrise for me.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:46:27 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:49:15 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:51:25 AM
EPC (not 2nd) with my coffee to start the day.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:51:41 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
Got some of your clouds today, so no sunrise for me.
Always subject to change but our current forecast is for a dry week of mostly sunshine.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:51:57 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
These days being at the same price is a win!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 07:53:25 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:54:36 AM
EPC (not 2nd) with my coffee to start the day.
No seagar but just finished my first cup of Cuban.   Shingles have annoying me a bit since yesterday afternoon but I did sleep pretty good last night.  Feels like a hot ice pick sticking in my rib from time to time.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:55:47 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:56:10 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
These days being at the same price is a win!
Absolutely!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:59:39 AM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:06:37 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
they have been quite common here, though we really need some rain badly.

morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:08:02 AM
EPC (not 2nd) with my coffee to start the day.
morning Dave.

EPC 2nd and coffee for me.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 08:20:05 AM
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 08:21:15 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
they have been quite common here, though we really need some rain badly.

morning Dave.
Most May rain here in history.

Still raining this morning in Galveston
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:30:36 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
they have been quite common here, though we really need some rain badly.

morning Dave.
Most May rain here in history.

Still raining this morning in Galveston
I've been following the storms in Texas. part of your state is under water and parts are still drier than a popcorn fart.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:32:40 AM
we've had 7 days straight in the mid 90's and yesterday it finally hit 100°. another mid 90's day today. not as bad as Vegas though.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 08:37:28 AM
we've had 7 days straight in the mid 90's and yesterday it finally hit 100°. another mid 90's day today. not as bad as Vegas though.
Yeah, Nevada and Arizona are July hot already.  We have hit 98 but overall much cooler than normal May & June.  91 is supposed to be our hottest day this week.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:50:03 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 08:57:19 AM
everyone here claiming we're getting a tropical storm today/tomorrow with severe flooding, 5"-8" of rain. I don't see it.

???????
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:02:42 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
LMAO, yeah sure. ;)
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 09:04:55 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
they have been quite common here, though we really need some rain badly.

morning Dave.
Most May rain here in history.

Still raining this morning in Galveston
I've been following the storms in Texas. part of your state is under water and parts are still drier than a popcorn fart.
Big state!  Kind of like trying to make a single statement about California weather.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 09:05:46 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
LMAO, yeah sure. ;)
Laughed out loud myself on that one!   ::)
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:06:10 AM
everyone here claiming we're getting a tropical storm today/tomorrow with severe flooding, 5"-8" of rain. I don't see it.

???????
Tomorrow night maybe

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT SUN JUN 5 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A low pressure area located near the northeastern portion of the
Yucatan Peninsula is producing a large area of showers and
thunderstorms over the northwestern Caribbean Sea and western Cuba.
Surface data show that pressures are falling in the area, and that
winds to near tropical storm force are occurring over the
northwestern Caribbean Sea. Environmental conditions are expected to
be favorable for additional development, and this system is likely
to become a tropical depression or a tropical storm by tonight or on
Monday while it moves north-northeastward toward the Florida
Peninsula.

Regardless of development, locally heavy rains and flooding are
possible over portions of the Yucatan Peninsula, western Cuba, the
Florida Keys, and the Florida Peninsula during the next few days.
Interests in these areas should monitor the progress of this
system. Tropical storm conditions could occur along a portion
of the west coast of the Florida Peninsula as early as Monday
afternoon. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is
scheduled to investigate the low later today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 09:06:22 AM
Morning RetirementDean.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:07:56 AM
An actual sunrise this morning, those have been very rare around here for the last month.
they have been quite common here, though we really need some rain badly.

morning Dave.
Most May rain here in history.

Still raining this morning in Galveston
I've been following the storms in Texas. part of your state is under water and parts are still drier than a popcorn fart.
Big state!  Kind of like trying to make a single statement about California weather.
Correct and it has at least 5 distinctly different geographical and climate regions.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 09:11:22 AM
[...]

Interesting....I always thought of the Caribbean (Sea) as west/southwest of Florida in the Atlantic.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:32:49 AM
At the Page today:

Case Magna 93 rated lovelies up to 54% off. Plus: 20x points on select boxes!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:35:21 AM
[...]

It is Southwest, South and Southeast of FL
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:41:21 AM
Had my bagel and fruit, so nice outside think I will move out to the patio and read my book with a nice Hemmingway Cigar and another cup of Cuban.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 09:43:29 AM
Tomorrow is Office Meeting Monday and going to be near perfect weather.  IMHO Shingles on Monday = Sick Leave!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 09:52:51 AM
Tomorrow is Office Meeting Monday and going to be near perfect weather.  IMHO Shingles on Monday = Sick Leave!
Sounds like a plan.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 09:54:46 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
LMAO, yeah sure. ;)
Laughed out loud myself on that one!   ::)
I'd like to but physically can't.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 10:00:01 AM
Had my bagel and fruit, so nice outside think I will move out to the patio and read my book with a nice Hemmingway Cigar and another cup of Cuban.
Dogs called the damn SPCA and filed another complaint so got to walk them on the trail first. :)

And it goes without saying now I got to wait on the Warden to do that
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 10:00:36 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
LMAO, yeah sure. ;)
Laughed out loud myself on that one!   ::)
I'd like to but physically can't.
Dave and I are laughing hard enough to cover for you too.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 10:44:21 AM
Sheesh, place has been abandoned!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 10:45:58 AM
Dogs walked now time for my book and a Short Story.

I got a box of Short Stories in the tubs but I am down to one left in my regular supply.  Got to deal shop for some.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 05, 2016, 10:50:05 AM
Final Inspection and Certificate of Occupancy tomorrow at the lady's house.

and I am not helping her move.
LMAO, yeah sure. ;)
Laughed out loud myself on that one!   ::)
I'd like to but physically can't.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  Morning Dean.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 05, 2016, 10:53:51 AM
Morning Dave(s).
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 11:00:42 AM
Morning Dave(s).
Morning CB
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 11:01:48 AM
Hemmingway Cigar lit and reading underway.  Too late for more coffee so ice cold Diet Coke to sip.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 11:09:51 AM
Good morning cigar folks...
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 05, 2016, 11:20:52 AM
Good morning cigar folks...
Morning BD.  Got a side of ribs to put on the grill later today.  Gotta mke sure the fridge is stocked with enough beer to see me through the grillin' and the eatin'.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 05, 2016, 11:21:48 AM
Hemmingway Cigar lit and reading underway.  Too late for more coffee so ice cold Diet Coke to sip.
No well stocked humidor should be without some Hemingway's.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 11:32:50 AM
Good morning cigar folks...
Morning BD.  Got a side of ribs to put on the grill later today.  Gotta mke sure the fridge is stocked with enough beer to see me through the grillin' and the eatin'.
We have a couple of cheap steaks to throw onto the grill later.  On utube a guy coats sea or kosher salt onto one side of the steak and lets it sit for 1 hour per inch to tenderize the meat.  Then wash it off.  I was thinking about trying that..?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 11:50:07 AM
I asked my 4 year old grandson if he had any girlfriends...?  He replied, "yes 2."  Oh no, 3, I forgot the girl that works at the comic book store...!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 11:52:49 AM
My wife and I took the grandkids to PassPets.  My wife took the kids into the room where they bring out cats and let you play with them.  Later when my son got home, my grandson said to him, "Me and grandma went to the cathouse today...!"
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on June 05, 2016, 11:58:57 AM
morning Mike and Steve.
at Big Lots picking up furnature, I'm just driving the truck don't worry.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 01:19:16 PM
morning Mike and Steve.
at Big Lots picking up furnature, I'm just driving the truck don't worry.
::)
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
Good morning cigar folks...
Afternoon Dad
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 01:26:56 PM
Good morning cigar folks...
Afternoon Dad
How's it going TR...?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 02:35:16 PM
Good morning cigar folks...
Morning BD.  Got a side of ribs to put on the grill later today.  Gotta mke sure the fridge is stocked with enough beer to see me through the grillin' and the eatin'.
We have a couple of cheap steaks to throw onto the grill later.  On utube a guy coats sea or kosher salt onto one side of the steak and lets it sit for 1 hour per inch to tenderize the meat.  Then wash it off.  I was thinking about trying that..?
Here's what I seen on Utube to tenderize your meat.  Poor Man's Filet Mignon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE

I put the salt onto my steaks for 1 1/2 hours and it appears that the meat is starting to fall apart.  Now to grill them and see what happens...?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on June 05, 2016, 02:39:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE)

I put the salt onto my steaks for 1 1/2 hours and it appears that the meat is starting to fall apart.  Now to grill them and see what happens...?
Hope they on't fall through the grill.  Gotta fire up the grill to get then rub the ribs.  Get out the wood chips for that smokey flavor.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 02:44:00 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 02:48:12 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 02:51:16 PM
Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt the meat rubbing banter.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 02:54:48 PM
[...]

I washed the salt off of the steaks, but now I'm worried they may be too salty.  I seasoned them, but no salt...
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 02:58:17 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:05:48 PM
Afternoon Tony, BD and CB are just playing with their meat.

I just had a nice long nap.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:07:15 PM
[...]

Too Salty or Too Tough got your pick I guess.

Should have just bought some cheap Hamburger meat.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 03:08:18 PM
[...]

Jack seasoned his and I'm assuming he used salt. Are you doing this, as we speak? I'm interested in trying it.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 03:21:42 PM
Afternoon Tony, BD and CB are just playing with their meat.

I just had a nice long nap.
Hello, Tex.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:23:49 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Might as well not be only one decent offer the entire Jam.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:31:51 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
For you those are new movies, aren't they BD?  Heck, color and everything!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:32:58 PM
Looks like Deano might be getting a real taste of Florida weather on Tuesday.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:34:12 PM
Sheesh, place has been abandoned!
Sorry, had yard work to do and get out on the bike for a bit before storms come in a couple hours.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:36:32 PM
morning Mike and Steve.
at Big Lots picking up furnature, I'm just driving the truck don't worry.
Still sounds like helping to me.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:36:59 PM
Looks like Deano might be getting a real taste of Florida weather on Tuesday.
Yep, right up his tailpipe.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 03:37:00 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Might as well not be only one decent offer the entire Jam.
That's one more than I expected.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:37:59 PM
My wife and I took the grandkids to PassPets.  My wife took the kids into the room where they bring out cats and let you play with them.  Later when my son got home, my grandson said to him, "Me and grandma went to the cathouse today...!"
Good thing it was your wife....would really have been taken a different way if they said grandpop.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:39:33 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Might as well not be only one decent offer the entire Jam.
That's one more than I expected.
Low expectations lead to big rewards
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 03:41:22 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
For you those are new movies, aren't they BD?  Heck, color and everything!
Can't remember the last non-animated movie I saw.

Oh wait, I did see Alice Through The Looking Glass. Does that count?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
For you those are new movies, aren't they BD?  Heck, color and everything!
Can't remember the last non-animated movie I saw.

Oh wait, I did see Alice Through The Looking Glass. Does that count?
Only counts if there was a Glory Hole and a Happy Ending.

Don't think I ever saw a complete animated movie just bits and pieces of a few.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:45:04 PM
Looks like Deano might be getting a real taste of Florida weather on Tuesday.
Yep, right up his tailpipe.
Trailer will be rocking, and he won't even need company!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 03:46:25 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Might as well not be only one decent offer the entire Jam.
That's one more than I expected.
Low expectations lead to big rewards
Did you get that one at your last Chinese buffet?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:46:53 PM
Looks like Deano might be getting a real taste of Florida weather on Tuesday.
Yep, right up his tailpipe.
Trailer will be rocking, and he won't even need company!
Rocking and floating both.  Guess he will have to go back on his word and help her move, after he finishes unloading the new furniture this afternoon.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:48:07 PM
Jamming Sunday!

MF Lancero's up now, dropped som in my stand-by cart.
Not a bad start, thanks O'bummer.
Always a very fast seller but the bar has not moved since I posted that and they are at the same price as they have sold at for a long time.
They've moved on now.
Dang, the bar was barely moved so they must have taken them down unless some FDA buyer came along and cleaned them out.
Looked at the DOD Recap and all other offers have been very very weak.
When I looked at Joe's offer around midnight and saw the EPC Dark Rituals up, could have sworn we weren't jamming.
Might as well not be only one decent offer the entire Jam.
That's one more than I expected.
Low expectations lead to big rewards
Did you get that one at your last Chinese buffet?
That was Dean, I Don't Eat at Chinese Buffets, or any other public buffets for that matter.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 03:53:22 PM
[...]

Yes, I'm doing it now.  I put the Sea Salt onto one side of the steak for 1 1/2 hours and then washed it off.  The meat seem to be breaking down as in the video.  I'm waiting for the potatoes to finish baking on the grill, then I'll throw the steaks on.  I washed and seasoned the steaks, but did not salt them, thinking the pre-salting may be enough or too much salt already.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 03:56:07 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
For you those are new movies, aren't they BD?  Heck, color and everything!
It seems like they just came out the other day.  The problem with new movies just coming out is, "I don't know any of the movie stars anymore...!"  And I do like my Black and White movies.. :)
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 03:56:47 PM
About time to have a seagar.  Need to move outside anyway to warm up, Warden has this house colder than a morgue.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 03:57:25 PM
[...]

They've got sneeze guards now.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:00:45 PM
[...]

In the kitchen too?

I don't eat Chinese buffets.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 04:01:55 PM
Can't believe Reagan's been dead for 12 years already.

Happy Sunday, folks.
Hi Tony....  It really makes time seem like it's flying by when you can date an event like that.  It's been 20 years since Dust Till Dawn, Faro, and Twister came out... Yikes..!
For you those are new movies, aren't they BD?  Heck, color and everything!
Can't remember the last non-animated movie I saw.

Oh wait, I did see Alice Through The Looking Glass. Does that count?
The Good Dinosaur was pretty good...  With grandkids and a wife that loves cartoons, there's allot of animation going on in my house...!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
[...]

I eat everything.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 04:18:08 PM
About time to have a seagar.  Need to move outside anyway to warm up, Warden has this house colder than a morgue.
Is it the AC or just the Warden?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:18:59 PM
About time to have a seagar.  Need to move outside anyway to warm up, Warden has this house colder than a morgue.
Is it the AC or just the Warden?
Reasonable question but definitely mostly the AC.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 04:22:39 PM
Last week during the evening we stopped by the grocery store and didn't know what we wanted.  My wife said, "Here's a whole chicken for $10."  I'm like, "Yikes $10, isn't that high..?"  Then it dawned on me that they take that days rotisserie chickens, discount them and place them in the cooler.  I got a cooked rotisserie chicken for $4.40.  The next day I cut it into and warmed it up on the bbq (charcoal) grill.  Basted it with bbq sauce, and it was fantastic...!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:32:09 PM
Nica Rustica lit with some sparkling water.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 04:32:44 PM
About time to have a seagar.  Need to move outside anyway to warm up, Warden has this house colder than a morgue.
Is it the AC or just the Warden?
LOL.

I'm outta here for a bit.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:33:54 PM
Really nice outside, Sunny and 86 degrees with a light breeze and only 36% humidity.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:34:23 PM
About time to have a seagar.  Need to move outside anyway to warm up, Warden has this house colder than a morgue.
Is it the AC or just the Warden?
LOL.

I'm outta here for a bit.
Later Mayor
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:41:17 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 04:59:00 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:04:52 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
/Just replaced the roof and storm shutters if the wind doesn't get too high I  will  smoke right thru it on the porch away from the ocean out of the wind and rain
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:06:35 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
/Just replaced the roof and storm shutters if the wind doesn't get too high I  will  smoke right thru it on the porch away from the ocean out of the wind and rain
Should be a lot of rain and a little wind for this one but if track is not more accurate than Bonnie was it might hit me not you.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:11:16 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
/Just replaced the roof and storm shutters if the wind doesn't get too high I  will  smoke right thru it on the porch away from the ocean out of the wind and rain
Should be a lot of rain and a little wind for this one but if track is not more accurate than Bonnie was it might hit me not you.
/So far it seems to have worked out thar way,But I think You are on an incline and safe from floods,Me I am  dead on sea level except for dunes that visitors keep walking on , can not seem to read signs that ask keep off dunes
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:16:24 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
/Just replaced the roof and storm shutters if the wind doesn't get too high I  will  smoke right thru it on the porch away from the ocean out of the wind and rain
Should be a lot of rain and a little wind for this one but if track is not more accurate than Bonnie was it might hit me not you.
/So far it seems to have worked out thar way,But I think You are on an incline and safe from floods,Me I am  dead on sea level except for dunes that visitors keep walking on , can not seem to read signs that ask keep off dunes
Tourists  ::)

You are in Pawleys aren't you?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
/Just replaced the roof and storm shutters if the wind doesn't get too high I  will  smoke right thru it on the porch away from the ocean out of the wind and rain
Should be a lot of rain and a little wind for this one but if track is not more accurate than Bonnie was it might hit me not you.
/So far it seems to have worked out thar way,But I think You are on an incline and safe from floods,Me I am  dead on sea level except for dunes that visitors keep walking on , can not seem to read signs that ask keep off dunes
Tourists  ::)

You are in Pawleys aren't you?
/Yes sir been years for 20 years except for 9 month  Hugo rebuild
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:22:28 PM
I am at about 720 feet.

Our biggest lake is 60+ feet higher than on this day in 2014.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:24:03 PM
[...]

/Well need to modify that ,Bride still works she is not old enough to get gov. Ins yet so we are back and forth to Charlotte but after may we are mostly here as she can work at home as long as I net is working
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:26:34 PM
[...]

My sons office was in Pawleys for a while, near the Lowes Grocery Sore.  He moved up to Surfside Beach in February.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:29:57 PM
[...]

That is nice.  I plan to be there by September 2017 at the very latest.  Warden has to work unti Late July 2017.   I plan to be done in early 2017 and will be devoted to getting the house ready and sold while I wait on her.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:30:28 PM
[...]

/I am closer to the Litchfield  Inn if You know where that is on Norris  Drive behind Litchfield Fish House
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 05:33:34 PM
Good morning cigar folks...
Morning BD.  Got a side of ribs to put on the grill later today.  Gotta mke sure the fridge is stocked with enough beer to see me through the grillin' and the eatin'.
We have a couple of cheap steaks to throw onto the grill later.  On utube a guy coats sea or kosher salt onto one side of the steak and lets it sit for 1 hour per inch to tenderize the meat.  Then wash it off.  I was thinking about trying that..?
Here's what I seen on Utube to tenderize your meat.  Poor Man's Filet Mignon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWJEOScToE

I put the salt onto my steaks for 1 1/2 hours and it appears that the meat is starting to fall apart.  Now to grill them and see what happens...?
Here's the results of putting the Sea Salt onto the steaks.  We started out with two strip steaks.  I believe the label just said strip and not New York.  I'm very glad I did not include salt when I seasoned the steak after washing the sea salt off.  I could taste the salt.  I like salt so I'm not going to say it was salty, but I will say I could tell it had salt on it.  About 87% of my steak was tender.  Not melt in your mouth tender.  My wife liked it, and we both ate all of out steak.  If I had bought an expensive cut of steak, I don't think I would have done it.  But if we buy some more cheap steak, I may try it again.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:34:05 PM
[...]

I know exactly where Litchfield Inn is, stayed there for a conference one time when I worked in SC 15 years ago.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 05:39:09 PM
[...]

/It was pretty well wiped out by Hugo as well ,We were sick about the way it looked only thing left at the time was the tower ,But they have  changed owners several times and really rebuilt nicely
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on June 05, 2016, 05:47:11 PM
I think it's time for a nap...  bbl
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 05, 2016, 05:51:01 PM
Afternoon boys.  V double robs jamming $23.50/5 if interested.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 05, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
Nope, at work.  Fixin' to get out of here, though.  Enough daylight left to at least do an oil chg on it.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:55:28 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
Nope, at work.  Fixin' to get out of here, though.  Enough daylight left to at least do an oil chg on it.
Work????   Realy Bean, Really?  On the first beautiful day in 2 weeks? ::)

You should call in sick with me tomorrow.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 05:57:39 PM
[...]

It was certainly not luxury accommodations when I stayed there post Hugo but does look nicer now.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:01:45 PM
Afternoon boys.  V double robs jamming $23.50/5 if interested.
Wow!  Two decent deals in one day.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:03:52 PM
NASCAR rained out today, live racing tomorrow at 12:00 ET.  Guess Dean and I can watch it. ;D
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 06:08:06 PM
[...]

/You are right it was a dump for many years, But it is almost full year round now ,Why I have yet to figure out except it is the closet to the beach  You can find due to the grandfather clause as well as  myself You can't build a new structure that close to the water any longer unless it is elevated and set back and it is for our on safety and cost
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 06:10:33 PM
[...]

/And now they are condos  individuals owned and  managed by a group in Chas.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:15:25 PM
[...]

Did not know they were all condos now.  I have stayed at that Hampton Inn across the road a couple of times.  They did also have little known Starbucks in there, guess it is still there been a year or so since I went to it.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Threebean on June 05, 2016, 06:15:46 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
Nope, at work.  Fixin' to get out of here, though.  Enough daylight left to at least do an oil chg on it.
Work????   Realy Bean, Really?  On the first beautiful day in 2 weeks? ::)

You should call in sick with me tomorrow.
Doesn't work that way for me.   :-\
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:17:43 PM
[...]

Looking at properties for building on I am very familiar with all those elevation restrictions, wind classifications, grandfathering and insurance.

There is 4 acres we like on Johns Island but requires a 9' floor elevation above the ground level.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:18:29 PM
Bean has been MIA all weekend.
He was here late last nigh trying to get to 10 pages
Afternoon Short Stack,  late night Beaner.  Weather is so nice here today he is probably motorbiking in the hill country.

More tropical weather headed your way it appears.
Nope, at work.  Fixin' to get out of here, though.  Enough daylight left to at least do an oil chg on it.
Work????   Realy Bean, Really?  On the first beautiful day in 2 weeks? ::)

You should call in sick with me tomorrow.
Doesn't work that way for me.   :-\
You ride a motorcycle so just get to stay home when raining?
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 06:48:34 PM
Surely we can make 10 pages.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 06:55:21 PM
Surely we can make 10 pages.
/If we were the old guys we might make it
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:00:35 PM
Surely we can make 10 pages.
/If we were the old guys we might make it
Probably could, can't get the young ones to work on weekends.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
@ Short Stack - looks like your Gamecocks have about got the regional in the bank.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 07:12:10 PM
@ Short Stack - looks like your Gamecocks have about got the regional in the bank.
/They don't seem the same since promoting the coach
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:17:46 PM
@ Short Stack - looks like your Gamecocks have about got the regional in the bank.
/They don't seem the same since promoting the coach
Not generally a Cocks fan but I liked him and he was a great baseball coach, I agree that team is not the same.   Same story with LSU baseball too.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:30:31 PM
10 for Tony!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 07:35:01 PM
10 for Tony!
Indeed. Good work, boys.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 07:39:34 PM
10 for Tony!
Indeed. Good work, boys.
Thank Ya Mayor!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Short stack on June 05, 2016, 08:09:36 PM
10 for Tony!
Indeed. Good work, boys.
/Just us young guys trying to keep up with the old guys
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 08:11:20 PM
How out of date is this Jam ad copy?  They have been around at least 7 or 8 years.

"Enter Man O' War Ruination, a bold new entry from cigar-making guru AJ 'Abdel' Fernandez."
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 05, 2016, 08:13:07 PM
Just saw a first, LSU hit an In-the-Park ground ball Grand Slam Home Run.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 10:12:28 PM
@ Short Stack - looks like your Gamecocks have about got the regional in the bank.
/They don't seem the same since promoting the coach
Not generally a Cocks fan but I liked him and he was a great baseball coach, I agree that team is not the same.   Same story with LSU baseball too.
Lets just hope we get some bats going so we can meet them there.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 11:21:18 PM
Folks must be packing it in for an early Monday.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 11:22:20 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 11:33:45 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
I noticed that too. Didn't bother posting about it because I figured everyone was sleeping.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: SLY on June 05, 2016, 11:38:04 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Evening Dave & BOTLs. Had a Casa Magna Magnus II earlier ... good full smoke. Surprised again by the follow up Arganese toro (because labels are the same, I'm not sure if it was the Hababo or Maduro - they're both pretty dark.). Can't tell you how many times I passed it up to smoke something else, but it was a really good chaser to the MII(sipping scotch). Finished up tonight with a RP Edge Corojo DC ... just okay with beer. It was a beautiful day on the deck, predicted storms just passed to the north, so it was Muy pleasante.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 05, 2016, 11:45:23 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Evening Dave & BOTLs. Had a Casa Magna Magnus II earlier ... good full smoke. Surprised again by the follow up Arganese toro (because labels are the same, I'm not sure if it was the Hababo or Maduro - they're both pretty dark.). Can't tell you how many times I passed it up to smoke something else, but it was a really good chaser to the MII(sipping scotch). Finished up tonight with a RP Edge Corojo DC ... just okay with beer. It was a beautiful day on the deck, predicted storms just passed to the north, so it was Muy pleasante.
Way up to the north... We got it here.

Hola, Sly.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 11:48:31 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Evening Dave & BOTLs. Had a Casa Magna Magnus II earlier ... good full smoke. Surprised again by the follow up Arganese toro (because labels are the same, I'm not sure if it was the Hababo or Maduro - they're both pretty dark.). Can't tell you how many times I passed it up to smoke something else, but it was a really good chaser to the MII(sipping scotch). Finished up tonight with a RP Edge Corojo DC ... just okay with beer. It was a beautiful day on the deck, predicted storms just passed to the north, so it was Muy pleasante.
Casa Magna are on sale on CigarPage currently.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 11:49:08 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Evening Dave & BOTLs. Had a Casa Magna Magnus II earlier ... good full smoke. Surprised again by the follow up Arganese toro (because labels are the same, I'm not sure if it was the Hababo or Maduro - they're both pretty dark.). Can't tell you how many times I passed it up to smoke something else, but it was a really good chaser to the MII(sipping scotch). Finished up tonight with a RP Edge Corojo DC ... just okay with beer. It was a beautiful day on the deck, predicted storms just passed to the north, so it was Muy pleasante.
Way up to the north... We got it here.

Hola, Sly.
We were braced for it, but passed us by this evening.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 05, 2016, 11:49:47 PM
Guess these Armada's are going to take us to the end of the jam tonight.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: SLY on June 05, 2016, 11:51:42 PM
Got those excellent Padron's up with 0% savings.  Just love that!
Evening Dave & BOTLs. Had a Casa Magna Magnus II earlier ... good full smoke. Surprised again by the follow up Arganese toro (because labels are the same, I'm not sure if it was the Hababo or Maduro - they're both pretty dark.). Can't tell you how many times I passed it up to smoke something else, but it was a really good chaser to the MII(sipping scotch). Finished up tonight with a RP Edge Corojo DC ... just okay with beer. It was a beautiful day on the deck, predicted storms just passed to the north, so it was Muy pleasante.
Casa Magna are on sale on CigarPage currently.
Thanks, Dave. I haven't checked that out yet.  I have a supply of the CM Colorado coronas, but that was my first Magnus II (from a Quesada sampler). Worth getting more.
Title: Re: 6/5/2016
Post by: SLY on June 05, 2016, 11:54:02 PM
Earlier, the Nats barely escaped Cincy with a 10-9 win. Sheesh.
Tonight, I was hoping for more of a game from Cleveland ... but alas ...
Sorry for LTG Dave, they looked sorry.