CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 7/13/2015  (Read 16593 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/13/2015
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »

Hi & bye sly!  Taking a Latitude Zero torp for the ride home.  you all have a great evening!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »

... Cigar talk: Had a Diesel UHC belicoso yesterday evening ... really enjoyed the first 3 inches ... after that, started to get a little bitter ... so I tossed it.
(TWSS)  Howdy, Sly

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »

Hi & bye sly!  Taking a Latitude Zero torp for the ride home.  you all have a great evening!
I have to pick something to smoke too.  So long, Sam.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

Howdy Sam ... hope you enjoy that stick and the ride.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »

Hey Tony ... appreciated your Goldman Sachs/Greece debt post.  Got anything lined up for after work?
What car repair did you have done the other day ... was it brakes ... how much for one axle (pads, rotors and labor)?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »

Hey Tony ... appreciated your Goldman Sachs/Greece debt post.  Got anything lined up for after work?
What car repair did you have done the other day ... was it brakes ... how much for one axle (pads, rotors and labor)?
It was indeed brakes.  I didn't have to do the back but the front needed new rotors and pads.  I believe the final tally, including labor, was $275.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »

Holy smokes, I somehow missed a half page of posts.  Sorry about the repeated TWSS.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2015, 05:08:25 PM »

Probably good that the Greeks have many years of anal entry experience because with the debt deal they just go it will make it easier on the everyday citizen's anus.
Hey TR, good news!  Can't even blame that on the Greeks.  I heard an excellent talk (Part 1, Part 2 is later this week) by the author of "Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexuality Is Changing Everything", who did a serious job in researching the subject and quoted from the Greek philosophers showing that it was looked down upon in the Greek culture.  We've had the wool pulled over our eyes in the efforts to make us look old fashioned, out of date and bigoted.  He never quotes Scripture in the book, he relies on the right use of reason, honestly applied. About the Author
Robert R. Reilly was Senior Advisor for Information Strategy (2002-2006) for the US Secretary of Defense, after which he taught at National Defense University. He was the director of the Voice of America (2001-2002) and served in the White House as a Special Assistant to the President (1983-1985). A graduate of Georgetown University and the Claremont Graduate University, his books include The Closing of the Muslim Mind and Making Gay Okay.
Regardless what reason, or logic, or our particular respective convictions might say, the public sentiment is now in favor of Making Gay Okay, and the Supreme Court has declared that gay marriage, at least, is legal under the law of the land. 

I do find it fascinating though.  Has there ever been so slim a minority that has so thoroughly swayed the public sentiment and the machinery of government?
All that and based on Greek Folklore my post had nothing to do with Homosexuality.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

Too damn hot out here for a smoke.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:45 PM »

Probably good that the Greeks have many years of anal entry experience because with the debt deal they just go it will make it easier on the everyday citizen's anus.
Hey TR, good news!  Can't even blame that on the Greeks.  I heard an excellent talk (Part 1, Part 2 is later this week) by the author of "Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexuality Is Changing Everything", who did a serious job in researching the subject and quoted from the Greek philosophers showing that it was looked down upon in the Greek culture.  We've had the wool pulled over our eyes in the efforts to make us look old fashioned, out of date and bigoted.  He never quotes Scripture in the book, he relies on the right use of reason, honestly applied. About the Author
Robert R. Reilly was Senior Advisor for Information Strategy (2002-2006) for the US Secretary of Defense, after which he taught at National Defense University. He was the director of the Voice of America (2001-2002) and served in the White House as a Special Assistant to the President (1983-1985). A graduate of Georgetown University and the Claremont Graduate University, his books include The Closing of the Muslim Mind and Making Gay Okay.
Regardless what reason, or logic, or our particular respective convictions might say, the public sentiment is now in favor of Making Gay Okay, and the Supreme Court has declared that gay marriage, at least, is legal under the law of the land. 

I do find it fascinating though.  Has there ever been so slim a minority that has so thoroughly swayed the public sentiment and the machinery of government?
All that and based on Greek Folklore my post had nothing to do with Homosexuality.
No, but Sly hijacked your post.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »

Too damn hot out here for a smoke.
Stand out in it for a while and you'll smoke whether you want to or not.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »

Thanks Tony for the insights ... where was this published?
You're not gonna like my source... Moveon.org.  Robert Reich, Chancellor's Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley, was secretary of labor in the Clinton administration.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »

I'm heading out with a DPG Blue.  Doin' it for Mark!

Threebean

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

Enjoy. An AB Presando with coffee here while I reboot the sprinter and lie in wait for my prey.   ;)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #209 on: July 13, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »

Enjoy. An AB Presando with coffee here while I reboot the sprinter and lie in wait for my prey.   ;)
Ah, the hunter...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16