Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2019, 03:58:24 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
first retiree will probably get a new house.

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2019, 03:59:50 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
being a nut bus driver was good training for living in this area of Florida. 😂

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
first retiree will probably get a new house.
F'k no, HR says there's not much incentive to spend big on them when they're heading out the door.

« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2019, 04:16:24 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
And it's been a while since we've heard about naked housekeepers, deadbeat boyfriends, or gazebo restraining orders.  Dean needs to step up his game.

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »

GoTF going in the man cave.

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »

GoTF going in the man cave.

Getting ready to split and light something up myself...

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
And it's been a while since we've heard about naked housekeepers, deadbeat boyfriends, or gazebo restraining orders.  Dean needs to step up his game.
been laying low, even womanless now.

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2019, 05:07:57 PM »

I like dull and boring.

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2019, 05:10:59 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeņo sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
or also with you.. what, are we at mass?

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeņo sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeņo sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
or also with you.. what, are we at mass?
It's, 'and with your spirit' now.

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2019, 05:15:39 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeņo sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
How'd PT go?

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:15 PM »

Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Um..  they laid me off.  But it was a cheap ass company anyway. They did nothing for celebrating retirements, anniversaries, nothing.

« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »

wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeņo sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
How'd PT go?
She wants to hurt me. I like her!

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »

when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
So maybe HR is not so bad after all.   ;)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12