Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

watching last nights Truck Series. I can't stop laughing.
if only Johnson and Busches get taken out today/tomorrow, whenever, always, permenantly.
Truck races are the best NASCAR has to offer anymore and Cup is the worst.  The Duels Thursday night were an absolute farce.

I have different hate groups than you, 1st group is anyone associated with Tony Stewart and second group is Lagono & Keselowski and  lastly Truex.
I love Tony, not a fan of his choices though. I think I am too old school. I hate everyone in NASCAR now. they need to remove the SC.
Tony Stewart is absolutely my most hated, total asshole his entire life and a murderer.

We are not too Old School, NASCAR trying to make it for the snowflakes (thus all the cars are equal and fair) was the beginning of the end.  Drivers Being able to make $ millions/year without ever even finishing in the top 10 is probably the single biggest pitfall.
the last sentence ruined NASCAR:

The first NASCAR "Strictly Stock" race ever was held at Charlotte Speedway, although this is not the same track as the Charlotte Motor Speedway that is a fixture on current NASCAR schedule. The race was held on June 19, 1949 and won by driver Jim Roper when Glenn Dunaway was disqualified after the discovery of his altered rear springs. Initially, the cars were known as the "Strictly Stock Division" and raced with virtually no modifications on the factory models. This division was renamed the "Grand National" division beginning in the 1950 season. Over a period of more than a decade, modifications for both safety and performance were allowed, and by the mid-1960s, the vehicles were purpose-built race cars with a stock-appearing body.
LOL, Those 50’s - mid-60’s days were great but I would say it was still good until Dale Earnhardt died (I never liked him) and NASCAR went politically correct with “safe cars”.  Immediately after that it went to politically correct drivers who could look & talk good on tv........rather than those that could drive the wheels off a car.

Cheating via NASCAR allowing chosen drivers to have out of spec cars is another huge problem.

[...]

the 'good old boys' weren't very good but they raced. now it's all about money. thank God for tv, most fans couldn't afford to go to the teacks now days.

[...]

Absolutely correct statement “all about money” but add the word Greed in there.

Having sat in the stands many many times I quickly learned that we were always amongst the very few that actually paid for a ticket.  Sponsors give away 10’s of thousands of tickets to customers and friends.

I belonged to the Speedway Club at Texas Motor Speedway and had season tickets for all race events for a lot of years.

[...]

when I worked for NYSDOT we had tool contracts with Grainger. they royally fucked up a $100,000+ tool order I put in for our four shops in Syracuse. they literally delivered a triple order and after a week of phone calls I finally shut my shop down and loaded the excess orders on state trucks and went to Maloy Road where they were based out of and spent almost 16 hours returning items one by one off the inventory sheets. the district manager showed up at my office a week later and apologised. shortly after the regional manager of the whole east coast stopped in and offered hospitality and pit tickets to Talladega for a meet and great with Biffle. of course I wasn't allowed a gratuity greater than pencils, pens, or hats for my men.
DAMN state ethics.

@ Dean’O- if you are a curly head deluxe fan this is at least somewhat of a decent offer

https://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast/arturo-fuente-curly-head-deluxe-maduro.html

@ Dean’O- if you are a curly head deluxe fan this is at least somewhat of a decent offer

https://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast/arturo-fuente-curly-head-deluxe-maduro.html
thank you. I can deal with that.

okay, truck cleaning time.

What did I get myself into?

Good morning Daves, TruckWashDean, and SnowBunnyTony.  Temps here are 40 deg lower today vs yesterday.  Sheesh!

used a car wash. did a coat of wax myself. much easier.

Good morning Daves, TruckWashDean, and SnowBunnyTony.  Temps here are 40 deg lower today vs yesterday.  Sheesh!
afternoon Mark. 73° and overcast, 7 mph breeze here. pretty nice day actually.

used a car wash. did a coat of wax myself. much easier.
I need to wash the bike and do an oil chg this weekend.  Maybe tomorrow.  A little chilly for it today.

What did I get myself into?
What is scarier than Tony coming down an icy mountain on skis?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5