Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Welcome to Election Night, Day 4.
Joy!

Good morning, @LuvTooGolf . At least it's Friday.
I think they a waiting till the weekend to announce Biden is president so the Trump voters can riot without taking a day off work. Just a thought @tinfoil
Rioting has no place for either side. I can't help but believe the media outlets have much to blame for this Country's divide.
100% Rick, the media has way too much say in regards to important matters and we let them influence us. The entire system is broken, if we learn nothing else during this election process, it's that we need to be much better at it.
I have a hard time blaming the media. People ultimately have to decide for themselves. If they let the media influence them in their decision making process, that's on them. That's kinda like getting really fat and blaming your wife because she makes cookies and you stand over the sink and eat them all like an animal.
Though, hard to argue about changes needed to the election process. It's kind of embarrassing to be the "greatest country in the world" and yet we have like 35 different voting systems across 50 states.
That's my point, we clearly know which side we're both on but regardless of that, the more you learn about the system(s) the more embarrassing it is and the accuracy of such a system is in serious question. This could cost Americans their freedom of vote in any election year, regardless of allegiance

[...]

I didn't blame the media, I clearly stated that we let them influence us and it's a problem. I don't believe a true Democratic process is taking place here and that should concern all Americans
I understood, I meant that I have a hard time blaming the media for influencing us. Obviously, that's their goal, but it's on the individual person to make up their own mind. If they only form their opinions by tuning in to MSNBC or Fox News, that's on them, not the media.

[...]

We've learned a lot of embarrassing things about America recently, this is no different. The first step is to acknowledge there's a problem with it. Some people only want to talk about it during an election, though. The rest of the time, they ignore it, hoping it will somehow fix itself.

[...]

How can we still be counting ballots? This is not how the process should work. Miraculous that the key states still counting votes are the ones Trump lead in and 3 days later, trails in. How do you count 80% of votes in one day and can't count the remainder 3 days later?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

[...]

We just need more mail-in voting, and make sure you have 1 month after the election to get that vote in. If people are so dump they cant get a vote in on time, then they should not vote. I like vote in person, show ID and stick your finger in the bottle of blue die. Election day should also be a national day off. And open more polling places, so everyone has access.

[...]

Agreed, the mail-in process is the most corrupt way, even Jimmy Carter declared that it leads directly to fraud, it's the easiest path. If we wiped out the entire election and made people show up in person, show I.D. and cast votes, the outcome would be dramatically different. My vote and my wife's vote were never counted, fact

[...]

Ding Ding Ding

[...]

Trump is severely outgunned here, the Democrats decided 4 years ago, after the most embarrassing loss in their history, that this result would never be allowed to happen again...at any/all cost

[...]

I think part of it is the unprecedented number of mail-in ballots cast this year. We never have to wait this long because we never have this many ballots to open by hand, verify by hand, etc. The second part is in places like PA, where they have 7 million votes to count, they've set rules where they can't starting to count until the day of. If you recall, some people wanted to change those rules to let them start counting earlier to prevent this very thing from happening. But it is what it is, you can't call it a democracy if you don't count all the votes, regardless of how long it takes.

Nevada is probably because people are too busy to get up from the craps table.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

[...]

Well thats sad. I think the POWERS just want to keep us fighting as they keep taking freedoms and rights away. Trump or Biden don't think we will see much difference. The SWAMP it powerful.

[...]

Except that time and again, mail-in voting fraud has proven to be exceedingly rare, so...
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

[...]

But the point is to keep the theory alive to be used to divide.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

I need a TGIF Cigar   8) 8) 8)

[...]

Well, the president certainly has soldiers for his cause here. ;)

I need a TGIF Cigar   8) 8) 8)
Amen to that.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10