CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 9/24/2020  (Read 5017 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/24/2020
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »

Remember these?  (just ignore the Gurkha part)

https://halfwheel.com/gurkha-ships-revamped-san-miguel/381613/
Wow, blast from the past. And if I am not mistaken, it is the same label.
That it is.  Was a very tasty everyday cigar.  Nice Sumatra wrapper.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2020, 11:24:09 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 11:25:09 AM »

Cuban cigars and rum are illegal again.  Thanks Trumpf!

https://halfwheel.com/trump-administration-bans-americans-from-legally-bringing-back-cuban-cigars-rum/381606/
What's Oy gonna do?  Imagine he's stocked to last until Uncle Joe comes in.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »

New Crowned Heads offering, Mil Dias.  Not made by AJF this time.
Currently see its available at SBC.

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/mil-dias

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »

https://halfwheel.com/trump-administration-bans-americans-from-legally-bringing-back-cuban-cigars-rum/381606/
The CA article I read yesterday made it sound like we couldn't even buy them for consumption while we're out of the country, but perhaps I read it wrong.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 11:37:46 AM »

Looks like he needs bug remover. He hit you I assume? GLad you are OK
happened in an auto repair parking lot. I backed into her. owner of the repair shops wife. he demanded a new bumper so I reported the accident. from what I've learned about Florida's no fault law, we are each responcible for the damage to our own vehicles. I'll know more later when I talk to the adjuster.
Ah, there you go then.
Can you have Flo give him a call?
I have Flo. she takes care of my auto and home.
Keep the damage low and my bonus check high!
I really doubt I will have anything done to my truck. I reported it because I know the husband wanted money out of my pocket to avoid insurance claim.
Rat bastard. FL and NY are the worst states for insurance. I think you're to blame somehow. :D
hey, I should be. although it was an accident and I looked before backing up, I hit her. my insurance company should pay reasonable damages to her vehicle in my opinion.
I actually meant you were to blame for the crappy state of insurance in those 2 states. :D

But yes, the accident was clearly your fault. If you're going in reverse, or you hit someone from behind (giggity!), it's almost always your fault.
I guess it's better than blaming the president.
I will not argue about rear-ending. 😉

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »

The CA article I read yesterday made it sound like we couldn't even buy them for consumption while we're out of the country, but perhaps I read it wrong.
This was the section of the article that made me think that. The rest of the article only mentions the importation, so as usual, it seems to be clear as mud.

New U.S. sanctions leveled against Cuba have removed the permission for Americans traveling abroad to buy Cuba’s most famous exports, and also ban future U.S. travelers from staying at any government-owned hotels on the island—a restriction that essentially forces all future U.S. visitors to stay in Airbnb-style lodgings in private homes, since the Cuban state holds full or majority ownership in all Cuban hotels.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »

happened in an auto repair parking lot. I backed into her. owner of the repair shops wife. he demanded a new bumper so I reported the accident. from what I've learned about Florida's no fault law, we are each responcible for the damage to our own vehicles. I'll know more later when I talk to the adjuster.
Ah, there you go then.
I really doubt I will have anything done to my truck. I reported it because I know the husband wanted money out of my pocket to avoid insurance claim.
Rat bastard. FL and NY are the worst states for insurance. I think you're to blame somehow. :D
hey, I should be. although it was an accident and I looked before backing up, I hit her. my insurance company should pay reasonable damages to her vehicle in my opinion.
I actually meant you were to blame for the crappy state of insurance in those 2 states. :D

But yes, the accident was clearly your fault. If you're going in reverse, or you hit someone from behind (giggity!), it's almost always your fault.
Nope, this one is square on the shoulders of fraudulent drivers. It's really bad in states like FL and NY, but it's a problem everywhere. And it's one we all pay for.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »

Ah, there you go then.

Nope, this one is square on the shoulders of fraudulent drivers. It's really bad in states like FL and NY, but it's a problem everywhere. And it's one we all pay for.
I talked to Olivia and not Flo. my insurance will take care of the damages to the other car with no added expense to me. I choose not to repair my vehicle due to lack of damage. 😇

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2020, 01:22:35 PM »

Ah, there you go then.

I talked to Olivia and not Flo. my insurance will take care of the damages to the other car with no added expense to me. I choose not to repair my vehicle due to lack of damage. 😇
That's what we like to hear. :D

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2020, 01:44:28 PM »

going to drop the rest of my clubs off for grips and shaft polishing.
later guys.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »

What's Oy gonna do?  Imagine he's stocked to last until Uncle Joe comes in.
Don't be too upset if Uncle Joe doesn't make it in. Surprise me once, shame on you. Surprise me again and I have no one to blame but myself.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »

later guys.
That sounds like a fun way to pass the afternoon... Or at least a minute of it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 02:12:38 PM »

later guys.
That sounds like a fun way to pass the afternoon... Or at least a minute of it.
CNS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »

Hazzuh!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6