Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »

Wound up fixing a shrimp scampi over linguini. It was gulped down pretty quickly so I think I done it right.

« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »

I followed up dinner with replacing the digitizer on my wife's old iphone 5. My old eyes can never do that again. Holy shit those screws are tiny.

« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2016, 11:06:25 PM »

Long day ahead of me tomorrow so I think I'll turn in early. Good night.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »

How scary is this?

10% OF COLLEGE GRADS THINK JUDGE JUDY IS ON THE SUPREME COURT

Judith Sheindlin, a television entertainer and former family court judge, is believed to be a member of the Supreme Court of the United States of America by ten percent of college graduates.

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni in August 2015 but released in January 2016, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage.”
Not scary. The press has been running these kinds of stories for centuries, and the country hasn't completely fallen apart yet.

What's the percentage of guys here who can name all the justices that ARE on the court?

Lessee...there's Anthony Kennedy, Ruth Ginsburg, John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, David Souter, that Italian guy, a hispanic woman named Elena something, and...that's what I got, offhand.
I'll try.  Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and the commies.
Samuel Alito ain't no commie ... he refused to attend O'Bs State of the Union speech awhile back ... definitely Ginsburg, Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan & Whathisname... not Roberts ... no commie, but one of those educated dummies ... someone so smart they lacked the common sense to do what he should have done under the circumstances ... he was so disgusted with the libs legislating from the bench, that he went so far in the other direction to make the point that he would not do that ... didn't/couldn't see the forest for the trees,  There's a term for that, "scrupulosity", so concerned that there would be no appearance of favoring one side or the other, that he erred on the side of stupidity, screwing the American public in the process because of his scruples ... apparently other than that he's a really good guy ...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]