Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 08:52:54 AM »

Looks like Tony's Stillers are getting Russell Wilson.
Read that before I went to bed. I'm not pissed about that.
Definitely sounds like an upgrade over the Pickens/Rudolph situation.

I still think Pickett will be our man in the long run but he needs to mature a bit more. I'm hoping Wilson will be a good mentor.
It's a good thought, but I feel like Wilson is still a bit too young to embrace the mentor role. If Pickett does start, it'll be interesting to see how Wilson handles it.
Wilson is 35. Hell, he could be president.
Hmm, guess I didn't realize how long he's been around. Maybe he won't mind playing on a one-year contract, since Denver will still be paying him millions for a couple of years. Lol

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 09:06:08 AM »

Looks like Tony's Stillers are getting Russell Wilson.
Read that before I went to bed. I'm not pissed about that.
Definitely sounds like an upgrade over the Pickens/Rudolph situation.

I still think Pickett will be our man in the long run but he needs to mature a bit more. I'm hoping Wilson will be a good mentor.
It's a good thought, but I feel like Wilson is still a bit too young to embrace the mentor role. If Pickett does start, it'll be interesting to see how Wilson handles it.
Wilson is 35. Hell, he could be president.
Hmm, guess I didn't realize how long he's been around. Maybe he won't mind playing on a one-year contract, since Denver will still be paying him millions for a couple of years. Lol
Exactly.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 09:26:37 AM »

Morning, boyos. Happy Dean Day.
Much tougher the second day of daylight saving.

Good morning, GolfingDave.
Yea, F^ck Daylight Savings!

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 09:29:20 AM »

Looks like Tony's Stillers are getting Russell Wilson.
Read that before I went to bed. I'm not pissed about that.
Definitely sounds like an upgrade over the Pickens/Rudolph situation.

I still think Pickett will be our man in the long run but he needs to mature a bit more. I'm hoping Wilson will be a good mentor.
It's a good thought, but I feel like Wilson is still a bit too young to embrace the mentor role. If Pickett does start, it'll be interesting to see how Wilson handles it.
Wilson is 35. Hell, he could be president.
Hmm, guess I didn't realize how long he's been around. Maybe he won't mind playing on a one-year contract, since Denver will still be paying him millions for a couple of years. Lol
I like Wilson, and he has been solid over the years.  Didn't do well in  Denver with no O line protection (as is the case with most teams getting a #1 pick of QB and doing poorly because they don't protect them), but aren't there other QB's available that cost less?

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 09:33:03 AM »

Today is Monday, March 11, the 71st day of 2024. There are 295 days left in the year.

ON THIS DATE IN HISTORY

On March 11, 2011, a magnitude-9.0 earthquake and resulting tsunami struck Japan’s northeastern coast, killing nearly 20,000 people and severely damaging the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station.

1862 — During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln removed Gen. George B. McClellan as general-in-chief of the Union armies, leaving him in command of the Army of the Potomac, a post McClellan also ended up losing.

1918 — What were believed to be the first confirmed US cases of a deadly global flu pandemic were reported among US Army soldiers stationed at Fort Riley, Kan.; 46 soldiers would die. (The worldwide outbreak of influenza claimed an estimated 20 to 40 million lives.)

1941 — President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Lend-Lease Bill, providing war supplies to countries fighting the Axis.

1942 — As Japanese forces continued to advance in the Pacific during World War II, US Army Gen. Douglas MacArthur left the Philippines for Australia, where he vowed on March 20, “I shall return” — a promise he kept more than 2½ years later.

1954 — The US Army charged that Sen. Joseph R. McCarthy, R-Wis., and his subcommittee’s chief counsel, Roy Cohn, had exerted pressure to obtain favored treatment for Pvt. G. David Schine, a former consultant to the subcommittee. (The confrontation culminated in the famous Senate Army-McCarthy hearings.)

1985 — Mikhail S. Gorbachev was chosen to succeed the late Konstantin U. Chernenko as general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party.

1997 — Paul McCartney was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.

2002 — Two columns of light soared skyward from Ground Zero in New York as a temporary memorial to the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks six months earlier.

2004 — Ten bombs exploded in quick succession across the commuter rail network in Madrid, Spain, killing 191 people in an attack linked to al-Qaida-inspired militants.

2006 — Former Serb leader Slobodan Milosevic was found dead of a heart attack in his prison cell in the Netherlands, abruptly ending his four-year UN war crimes trial; he was 64.

2010 — A federal appeals court in San Francisco upheld the use of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance and “In God We Trust” on US currency.

2012 — US Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales shot and killed 16 Afghan villagers — mostly women and children — as they slept; Bales later pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

2013 — Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick (D) was convicted of a raft of crimes, including racketeering conspiracy. (He was later sentenced to 28 years in prison.)

2018 — Lawmakers in China abolished presidential term limits that had been in place for more than 35 years, opening up the possibility of Xi Jinping holding power for life.

2020 — The World Health Organization declared the Coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. Former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was sentenced in New York to 23 years in prison for rape and sexual abuse.

2021 — President Joe Biden signed into law a $1.9 trillion COVID relief package that he said would help defeat the virus and nurse the economy back to health; Americans would receive up to $1,400 in direct payments, along with extended unemployment benefits.

2022 — Russia widened its offensive in Ukraine, striking airfields in the west and a major industrial city in the east, while the huge armored column that had been stalled for over a week outside Kyiv went on the move again.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 09:37:25 AM »

Todays Birthdays:

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch is 93.
Former ABC News correspondent Sam Donaldson is 90.
Musician Flaco Jimenez is 85.
Actor Tricia O’Neil is 79.
Actor Mark Metcalf is 78.
Rock singer-musician Mark Stein (Vanilla Fudge) is 77.
Singer Bobby McFerrin is 74.
Movie director Jerry Zucker is 74.
Singer Cheryl Lynn is 73.
Actor Susan Richardson is 72.
Recording executive Jimmy Iovine is 71.
Singer Nina Hagen is 69.
Country singer Jimmy Fortune (The Statler Brothers) is 69.
Actor Elias Koteas is 63.
Actor-director Peter Berg is 62.
Singer Mary Gauthier is 62.
Actor Jeffrey Nordling is 62.
Actor Alex Kingston is 61.
Actor Wallace Langham is 59.
Former US Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., is 59.
Actor John Barrowman is 57.
Singer Lisa Loeb is 56.
 Neo-soul musician Al Gamble (St. Paul & the Broken Bones) is 55.
Singer Pete Droge is 55.
Actor Terrence Howard is 55.
Rock musician Rami Jaffee is 55.
Actor Johnny Knoxville is 53.
Rock singer-musicians Benji and Joel Madden (Good Charlotte; The Madden Brothers) are 45.
Actor David Anders is 43.
Singer LeToya Luckett is 43.
Actor Thora Birch is 42.
TV personality Melissa Rycroft is 41.
Actor Rob Brown is 40.
Actor Jodie Comer is 31.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 09:38:47 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 7.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 09:53:38 AM »

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2024, 10:09:08 AM »

Lost & Found 2nds at the Page today. Dave must be over the moon.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2024, 10:29:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:08 AM »

Connections
Puzzle #274
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:35 AM »

Wordle 996 4/6

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2024, 10:33:32 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 11:24:50 AM »

[...]

No.  He signed a deal for 1 year at the league minimum.  The only way to get cheaper than that is to sign a rookie.

Denver made this a no-brainer.  Wilson gets paid $39 million.  The Steelers only have to pay $1.2 of it.  Denver pays the rest.

If Mike Tomlin can figure out how to coach him, this will be like a Christmas present.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2024, 11:35:53 AM »

[...]

Yeah, what Raz said.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4