CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: 9/20/2018  (Read 11015 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 9/20/2018
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2018, 11:03:01 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Yes it is. How goes it, Bret?
Same schitt, different day. Not enough sleep last night, too much work to do today, not enough money, too many bills. You know the drill.
Sounds way too familiar. Came in extra early today so that I can split early and go to parents' night.
I hope it goes well.

Teach me.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Same schitt, different day. Not enough sleep last night, too much work to do today, not enough money, too many bills. You know the drill.
Sounds way too familiar. Came in extra early today so that I can split early and go to parents' night.
I hope it goes well.

My youngest got a teacher new to the school this year. I already told the wife I called that parent night.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »

Dickey Betts - former guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band - is in critical condition after cracking his skull in a fall at his Sarasota home.

The cosmos is not kind to the rock-n-roll survivors.
Hope he'll be back to ramblin soon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
I hope it goes well.

I think it's mostly the guy teachers that have the long flowing hair at my daughter's school.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »

What I wouldn't give to have a webcam on cigarbanter.com, checking on GrampaDave's progress.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

What I wouldn't give to have a webcam on cigarbanter.com, checking on GrampaDave's progress.
I'm sure it would be quite a show!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 12:04:45 PM »

Dickey Betts - former guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band - is in critical condition after cracking his skull in a fall at his Sarasota home.

The guy really is brilliant. Like most brilliant people, he's a pain-in-the-ass to deal with. But he composed "Jessica" which is an absolutely stunning marvel of Modal composing. It's an exultant and transcendent work that creates a simple soundscape that conceals severe complexities that he answered almost offhandedly.

It's in a class with the Eagles' "Hotel California" - none of the parts taken individually are difficult to learn or play. But it's a mind-fuck to execute on stage. Even Joe Walsh cautions that "Hotel" requires intense concentration. If your mind wanders for a portion of a second, you're toast. That's how "Jessica" is, too. But when you pull it off, it takes you into a wholly other mental state.

Here ended the lesson. Sorry.

Threebean

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 12:07:16 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 12:18:51 PM »

The guy really is brilliant. Like most brilliant people, he's a pain-in-the-ass to deal with. But he composed "Jessica" which is an absolutely stunning marvel of Modal composing. It's an exultant and transcendent work that creates a simple soundscape that conceals severe complexities that he answered almost offhandedly.

It's in a class with the Eagles' "Hotel California" - none of the parts taken individually are difficult to learn or play. But it's a mind-fuck to execute on stage. Even Joe Walsh cautions that "Hotel" requires intense concentration. If your mind wanders for a portion of a second, you're toast. That's how "Jessica" is, too. But when you pull it off, it takes you into a wholly other mental state.

Here ended the lesson. Sorry.
I'm not a musician but I can see that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 12:19:43 PM »

Are we back to talking about Dean?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »

good afternoon guys, had a 10am meeting that ran long, just getting back to my desk &
important stuff.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »

good afternoon guys, had a 10am meeting that ran long, just getting back to my desk &
important stuff.
Good afternoon, Flip.

Threebean

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »

important stuff.
Good afternoon, Flip.
Important stuff like what's for lunch?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »

Morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor. Would be nice to hear from LostLinkBD again.  As I recall he has some interesting neighbor ladies as well.
Great morning to you, Mark. I'm looking forward to hearing from ANYONE at this point. Where's Marker or Dogdays??
Hell, we don't need to go back that far for MIA's.  Fish, Rick, CB, Chip, ....  Even Sam stays on the bubble, the slacker.
Very true. I'm changing the name to CigarSlackers. Might even get rid of the cigar part.
What the hell's a cigar?
It's a Freudian manifestation of your pud.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9