CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 16, 2018, 01:03:05 AM

Title: 2/16/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on February 16, 2018, 01:03:05 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 01:16:22 AM
Speaking of seafood, it's what's for dinner on Fridays in Lent.  Always liked that treat disguised as a sacrifice.
Agreed. Add some jambalaya and we have the makings to a great day!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 05:53:30 AM
Speaking of seafood, it's what's for dinner on Fridays in Lent.  Always liked that treat disguised as a sacrifice.
Agreed. Add some jambalaya and we have the makings to a great day!
We have Buesos at the sis, and we're jammin' at CI. Already gonna be a great day!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 06:27:46 AM
Happy Friday, fellas.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:41:38 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:43:57 AM
Today is Friday, Feb. 16, the 47th day of 2018. There are 318 days left in the year. This is the Chinese New Year of the Dog.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Feb. 16, 1968, the nation's first 911 emergency telephone system was inaugurated in Haleyville, Alabama, as the speaker of the Alabama House, Rankin Fite, placed a call from the mayor's office in City Hall to a red telephone at the police station (also located in City Hall) that was answered by U.S. Rep. Tom Bevill.

On this date:

In 1804, Lt. Stephen Decatur led a successful raid into Tripoli Harbor to burn the U.S. Navy frigate Philadelphia, which had fallen into the hands of pirates during the First Barbary War.

In 1862, the Civil War Battle of Fort Donelson in Tennessee ended as some 12,000 Confederate soldiers surrendered; Union Gen. Ulysses S. Grant's victory earned him the moniker "Unconditional Surrender Grant."

In 1868, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was organized in New York City.

In 1918, Lithuania proclaimed its independence from the Russian Empire. (Lithuania, which was occupied by the Soviet Union, then Nazi Germany, then the Soviet Union again during World War II, renewed its independence in 1990).

In 1923, the burial chamber of King Tutankhamen's recently unearthed tomb was unsealed in Egypt by English archaeologist Howard Carter.

In 1937, Du Pont research chemist Dr. Wallace H. Carothers, inventor of nylon, received a patent for the synthetic fiber, described as "linear condensation polymers."

In 1945, American troops landed on the island of Corregidor in the Philippines during World War II.

In 1959, Fidel Castro became premier of Cuba a month and a-half after the overthrow of Fulgencio Batista.

In 1961, the United States launched the Explorer 9 satellite.

In 1977, Janani Luwum, the Anglican archbishop of Uganda, died in what Ugandan authorities said was an automobile accident, although it's generally believed that he was shot to death by agents of Idi Amin.

In 1988, seven people were shot to death during an office rampage in Sunnyvale, California, by a man obsessed with a co-worker who was wounded in the attack. (The gunman is on death row.)

In 1998, a China Airlines Airbus A300 trying to land in fog near Taipei, Taiwan, crashed, killing all 196 people on board, plus seven on the ground.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:44:54 AM
Ten years ago: President George W. Bush, on a six-day tour of Africa, made his first stop in Benin before flying on to Tanzania. John McCain, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, picked up a total of 50 GOP national convention delegates from Michigan and Louisiana. A car plowed into a group of street-racing fans obscured by a cloud of tire smoke on an isolated Maryland highway, killing eight people in the early morning darkness.

Five years ago: Gunmen attacked a camp for a construction company in rural northern Nigeria, killing a guard and kidnapping seven workers from Lebanon, Britain, Greece and Italy; the kidnappers later claimed to have killed the hostages. Billy Hunter was ousted as executive director of the National Basketball Players Association by NBA players. Tony Sheridan, 72, a British singer who performed with the Beatles during their early years in Germany, died in Hamburg.

One year ago: In the first full-length news conference of his presidency, Donald Trump denounced what he called the "criminal" leaks that took down his top national security adviser, Michael Flynn. President Trump named Alexander Acosta as his new choice for labor secretary, a day after Andrew Puzder abruptly withdrew. Immigrants around the U.S. stayed home from work and school to demonstrate how important they were to America's economy, and many businesses closed in solidarity. A California man pleaded guilty in federal court in Riverside to providing the high-powered rifles used to kill 14 people in the 2015 San Bernardino terror attack (sentencing is expected later this year).
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:46:58 AM
Today's Birthdays: Jazz/pop singer-actress Peggy King is 88. Actor Jeremy Bulloch is 73. Actor William Katt is 67. Rhythm-and-blues singer James Ingram is 66. Actor LeVar Burton is 61. Actor-rapper Ice-T is 60. Actress Lisa Loring is 60. International Tennis Hall of Famer John McEnroe is 59. Rock musician Andy Taylor is 57. Rock musician Dave Lombardo (Slayer) is 53. Actress Sarah Clarke is 47. Olympic gold medal runner Cathy Freeman is 45. Actor Mahershala Ali is 44. Singer Sam Salter is 43. Electronic dance music artist Bassnectar is 40. Rapper Lupe Fiasco is 36. Actress Chloe Wepper is 32. Pop-rock singer Ryan Follese (FAHL'-eh-say) (Hot Chelle (SHEL) Rae) is 31. Rock musician Danielle Haim (HYM) is 29. Actress Elizabeth Olsen is 29. Actor Mike Weinberg is 25.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:47:54 AM
Thought for Today: "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski (kohr-ZHIB'-skee), Polish-American linguist (1879-1950).
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 06:57:44 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Can you get your hands on some Peppermint Patties?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 06:58:38 AM
Thought for Today: "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski (kohr-ZHIB'-skee), Polish-American linguist (1879-1950).
I doubt that very much.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 06:59:26 AM
Thought for Today: "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski (kohr-ZHIB'-skee), Polish-American linguist (1879-1950).
I doubt that very much.
As long as you don't doubt it completely, there's still hope for you.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 07:02:20 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 07:08:05 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 07:12:20 AM
Internet connection sucks this morning.  Feels like dial-up.... :o
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 07:13:40 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Can you get your hands on some Peppermint Patties?
Probably not without getting slapped.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 07:24:31 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Can you get your hands on some Peppermint Patties?
Probably not without getting slapped.
No risk, no reward.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 07:24:52 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Good morning, Scott.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:01:04 AM
Morning Dave and Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Can you get your hands on some Peppermint Patties?
Probably not without getting slapped.
No risk, no reward.
Either from being married or it being lent, I am used to no reward.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:01:44 AM
Off to York meetings.... ???
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 08:02:45 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 08:18:58 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:32:40 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 08:34:51 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Sounds like my kids.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 08:36:11 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 08:42:15 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:46:53 AM
Not a Cheapy-Cheapo price point, but the AJF Hoyo's are not bad at all.

Hoyo La Amistad Robusto  5/$24.99
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:48:39 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 08:56:28 AM
Morning Daves, Tony, and Can'tWinFish.  It's Friday, hoping to get away to the work man cave this afternoon.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 08:57:49 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
Speaking of your fault, where are the promised updated theme avi's?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 09:11:57 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Sounds like a jackass, alright.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:22:58 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:26:49 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:27:06 AM
This could be good.
https://hellogeorgetown.com/cigar-and-wine-lounge-in-the-works/ (https://hellogeorgetown.com/cigar-and-wine-lounge-in-the-works/)
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 09:33:20 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
He's quite the catch. Even if he is a tattle-tale. ;)
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
He's quite the catch. Even if he is a tattle-tale. ;)
And no fk'n way the new guy gets his bike or his WFH tips.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 09:43:59 AM
[...]
Scott gives up his bike for no man.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:46:32 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
GFY!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:46:51 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
He's quite the catch. Even if he is a tattle-tale. ;)
GFY!!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:47:30 AM
[...]
Both are givens
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:48:10 AM
[...]
He wouldn't like my bike anyway, it has a seat on it
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 09:48:19 AM
Good morning boys and Happy Friday!
Morning, TrainerFish. Got the new guy up and running yet?
He's driving me nuts, speed over accuracy which is not the way I roll...not a great listener
Why do it right when you can do it right now?
Friggin' Millennials!
Exactly. I don't claim to know everything but I know carpentry and this site. Friggin' listen instead of trying to prove to me how intelligent you are, these guys will eat you alive here
Do you get to provide an assessment of him to the powers that be or is it one of those, "This is what you got, train him or it's your fault" kind of deals?
My assessment carries a ton of weight here, powers that be just had a conversation with him
You sound very intelligent.  Plus a carpentry expert?  Wow!
He's quite the catch. Even if he is a tattle-tale. ;)
GFY!!
BRB, gotta get on the horn with the powers that be about something.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 09:48:33 AM
[...]
Hi-yo!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: sfish on February 16, 2018, 09:50:53 AM
[...]
LMAO...douche!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:52:46 AM
[...]
That's only for comparing yourself to know-nothing new hires.  Otherwise you are dead to them.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:53:32 AM
[...]
Haha!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 09:56:33 AM
Morning Daves, Tony, and Can'tWinFish.  It's Friday, hoping to get away to the work man cave this afternoon.
Good morning, Mark. As long as the rains stay away, I am looking forward to a commute cigar.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 09:58:29 AM
[...]
Hahaha. Let's not judge.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 10:06:01 AM
Apparently the jam has ended. Big RG CAO's for the rest of the day.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 10:45:06 AM
Good morning all!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 10:45:35 AM
Apparently the jam has ended. Big RG CAO's for the rest of the day.
That's whacky. But why am I surprised?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 10:46:24 AM
Good morning all!
Hello Sam. What did you smoke on your way in?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 10:54:16 AM
Smoked a GH Zulu Zulu for something different.  about as strong as i'd want for a morning smoke.  Was good though!  you get a chance to torch anything yet?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 10:55:33 AM
Actually, getting ready for a short road trip/jobsite visit and need to pick out something for that.  only about 45min round trip so maybe a MBIII Robusto.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 11:09:10 AM
Apparently the jam has ended. Big RG CAO's for the rest of the day.
That's whacky. But why am I surprised?
No idea.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 11:09:23 AM
Good morning all!
Morning, ZuluSam.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 11:11:32 AM
not sure if anyone actually buys Padilla anymore, but here's Holts daily deal featuring Padilla. http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//s3.amazonaws.com/emma-assets/pr0cb/5350110ad9636689f118057f50c7b06f/Padilla_Price_Pummel_February_16.jpg&utm_campaign=FS021618
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
Smoked a GH Zulu Zulu for something different.  about as strong as i'd want for a morning smoke.  Was good though!  you get a chance to torch anything yet?
This year? Yes. This week? I don't believe so. Lots going on and needed to rush home on the days that it was warm enough to smoke. Fingers crossed for later today.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
not sure if anyone actually buys Padilla anymore, but here's Holts daily deal featuring Padilla. http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//s3.amazonaws.com/emma-assets/pr0cb/5350110ad9636689f118057f50c7b06f/Padilla_Price_Pummel_February_16.jpg&utm_campaign=FS021618
Pardon the pun but I've been burned by Padilla too often. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 11:21:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Smoked last night with the Detective, the Gun Pusher, the Seminary President and Reverend Dad.  Good times.  Smoked Uncle Lees and some of the last of my 2013 Carrillos.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 11:25:10 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Smoked last night with the Detective, the Gun Pusher, the Seminary President and Reverend Dad.  Good times.  Smoked Uncle Lees and some of the last of my 2013 Carrillos.
Good morning, Raz. What was imbibed to accompany aforementioned cigars?
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 11:39:01 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Smoked last night with the Detective, the Gun Pusher, the Seminary President and Reverend Dad.  Good times.  Smoked Uncle Lees and some of the last of my 2013 Carrillos.
Good morning, Raz. What was imbibed to accompany aforementioned cigars?
Jack Ryan single-malt Irish, Pendleton, and Shieldaig 14-year-old.  Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 12:07:03 PM
Scotch lull.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 12:18:19 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Smoked last night with the Detective, the Gun Pusher, the Seminary President and Reverend Dad.  Good times.  Smoked Uncle Lees and some of the last of my 2013 Carrillos.
Mornin Raz.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 12:20:01 PM
not sure if anyone actually buys Padilla anymore, but here's Holts daily deal featuring Padilla. http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//s3.amazonaws.com/emma-assets/pr0cb/5350110ad9636689f118057f50c7b06f/Padilla_Price_Pummel_February_16.jpg&utm_campaign=FS021618
Pardon the pun but I've been burned by Padilla too often. Just sayin'.
Right there witcha.  those and Graycliffs, neither one inspire me to buy.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 12:34:58 PM
Scotch lull.
Any Scotch older than 12 years deserves a moment of silent contemplation.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 12:35:20 PM
Morning, muchachos.  Smoked last night with the Detective, the Gun Pusher, the Seminary President and Reverend Dad.  Good times.  Smoked Uncle Lees and some of the last of my 2013 Carrillos.
Mornin Raz.
Morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 12:43:53 PM
Scotch lull.
Any Scotch older than 12 years deserves a moment of silent contemplation.
Very true, but there is a 10 year old Glenmorangie that i'd put up against some 12 year olds.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 12:48:17 PM
Scotch lull.
Any Scotch older than 12 years deserves a moment of silent contemplation.
Very true, but there is a 10 year old Glenmorangie that i'd put up against some 12 year olds.
Oh, indeed. And the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is a 12-year-old that can best a number of 14's.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 01:02:56 PM
Scotch lull.
Any Scotch older than 12 years deserves a moment of silent contemplation.
Very true, but there is a 10 year old Glenmorangie that i'd put up against some 12 year olds.
Oh, indeed. And the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is a 12-year-old that can best a number of 14's.
My 10 year old can beat up your 14 year old.  Neener, neener, neener!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 01:09:19 PM
Scotch lull.
Any Scotch older than 12 years deserves a moment of silent contemplation.
Very true, but there is a 10 year old Glenmorangie that i'd put up against some 12 year olds.
Oh, indeed. And the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is a 12-year-old that can best a number of 14's.
My 10 year old can beat up your 14 year old.  Neener, neener, neener!
And my 11-year-old can beat up no one's 14-year-old, Scotch or otherwise.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
This is all quite brutal.  Make Scotch, not war!!  :P
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 01:39:22 PM
This is all quite brutal.  Make Scotch, not war!!  :P
Don't tell that to the Scots!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 01:53:13 PM
Uh oh, I bet we'll be hearing from the Tweeter-in-Chief about this pretty soon...

https://www.newsandguts.com/breaking-mueller-charges-13-russians-hacking-2016-election/
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 16, 2018, 01:55:10 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 16, 2018, 02:00:04 PM
Lunch today, can of smoked oysters, with red hot chili pepper, and
peanut butter crackers.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 02:07:32 PM
Lunch today, can of smoked oysters, with red hot chili pepper, and
peanut butter crackers.
Interesting combination!  Hi Flip.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Yikes!  Hope she gets on the mend soon!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 02:15:21 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Yikes!  Hope she gets on the mend soon!
You sure she's not just ill because you told her about your lunch? Afternoon, flip.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 16, 2018, 02:18:09 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Yikes!  Hope she gets on the mend soon!
You sure she's not just ill because you told her about your lunch? Afternoon, flip.
Nope, last night, the wife made the filet mignions and the lobster cakes...
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on February 16, 2018, 02:19:18 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Yikes!  Hope she gets on the mend soon!
Thanks
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 16, 2018, 02:23:33 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
Hazzuh!
Later!  Have a good weekend!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 02:42:18 PM
Nica Rusticas showed up.  I'd forgotten i'd ordered them.  kinda like a surprise present.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 02:45:27 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Nice!  Good Friday comes early!   Although,  still never understood why it's called "Good Friday", nothing really good happened.  In fact, was a pretty beastly day for most back then.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 03:37:36 PM
Scotch lull.
They're not all scotches...
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 03:39:19 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Now we have to wait for a report out.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 03:40:05 PM
comedy of errors this morning, missed my expected train, got near the station as the gates were coming down...  Youngest came home from school yesterday, she has pneumonia.
Give her some antibiotics, tell her to suck it up and get back in there!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 03:59:09 PM
Lunch today, can of smoked oysters, with red hot chili pepper, and
peanut butter crackers.
Interesting combination!  Hi Flip.
I was thinking the same thing. I like all of those things... but not in the same meal.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 04:00:59 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 04:34:11 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: ss2 on February 16, 2018, 04:42:30 PM
Ok, on the road with EPC Dark Ritual.  have a good evening and weekend all!
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 04:44:32 PM
Ok, on the road with EPC Dark Ritual.  have a good evening and weekend all!
Later Sam. In the shop mancave with an Intemperance.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 05:51:50 PM
Scotch lull.
They're not all scotches...
But we don't have lulls for Irish or Canadians.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 05:52:34 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Patience is a virtue.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 05:53:07 PM
Scotch lull.
They're not all scotches...
But we don't have lulls for Irish or Canadians.
Sure, we're equal opportunity lullers.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
Scotch lull.
They're not all scotches...
But we don't have lulls for Irish or Canadians.
Dave is a purist when it comes to scotch/whiskey lulls.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Patience is a virtue.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 06:26:30 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Patience is a virtue.
TNWSS
Patience and SS are rarely compatible.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 06:27:13 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Patience is a virtue.
I used to think the expression was, patience is a virgin.

Makes just as much sense...
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Wardens aren't known for being patient.  Adios, mofos.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:51:45 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Wardens aren't known for being patient.  Adios, mofos.
Have a good weekend Bean.  Don't imagine HR gave you Monday off...
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 16, 2018, 08:52:25 PM
That's aways nice.  The 15 ct sampler with the Laranja, Bats, and Comforably Numb sticks shows up today.
Keep us posted on the latter. Über curious.
Me too (not #metoo), but will give them about 6 weeks rest.
Patience is a virtue.
I used to think the expression was, patience is a virgin.

Makes just as much sense...
And both are in short supply.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:37:32 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Wardens aren't known for being patient.  Adios, mofos.
Have a good weekend Bean.  Don't imagine HR gave you Monday off...
Oh hell no. He says that's only for pansy-ass government employees.  (Pansy-ass added for emphasis)
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on February 16, 2018, 09:40:16 PM
House construction discussions taking place.  Deliver me, Lord.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on February 16, 2018, 10:03:15 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Wardens aren't known for being patient.  Adios, mofos.
Have a good weekend Bean.  Don't imagine HR gave you Monday off...
Oh hell no. He says that's only for pansy-ass government employees.  (Pansy-ass added for emphasis)
I resemble that remark.
Title: Re: 2/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 16, 2018, 11:20:17 PM
Time for me to hit the road.  Wardens aren't known for being patient.  Adios, mofos.
Have a good weekend Bean.  Don't imagine HR gave you Monday off...
Oh hell no. He says that's only for pansy-ass government employees.  (Pansy-ass added for emphasis)
Just so that we are clear... I'm working on Monday.