CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 07, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Title: 4/7/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on April 07, 2017, 12:00:23 AM
Happy Friday!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:07:52 AM
Morning Friday Slackers!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:07:54 AM
My, kinda empty in here this morning... :-\
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:11:52 AM
And good morning Syria!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:12:32 AM
Not a bad Diesel sampler (plus ashtray) on the FU today for $17.50
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:12:39 AM
My, kinda empty in here this morning... :-\
Morning BowlingTeamDave, yeah I slept in a bit this morning.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:14:35 AM
Today is Friday, April 7, the 97th day of 2017. There are 268 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On April 7, 1917, American entertainer and songwriter George M. Cohan, galvanized by America's entry into World War I the day before, wrote his rousing call to arms, "Over There."

On this date:

In 1788, an expedition led by Gen. Rufus Putnam established a settlement at present-day Marietta, Ohio.

In 1862, Union forces led by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant defeated the Confederates at the Battle of Shiloh in Tennessee.

In 1927, the image and voice of Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover were transmitted live from Washington to New York in the first successful long-distance demonstration of television.

In 1939, Italy invaded Albania, which was annexed less than a week later.

In 1947, auto pioneer Henry Ford died in Dearborn, Michigan, at age 83.

In 1957, shortly after midnight, the last of New York's electric trolleys completed its final run from Queens to Manhattan.

In 1962, nearly 1,200 Cuban exiles tried by Cuba for their roles in the failed Bay of Pigs invasion were convicted of treason.

In 1967, "The Death of a President," William Manchester's detailed reconstruction of the events surrounding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, was published in book form by Harper & Row after being serialized in Look magazine.

In 1978, President Jimmy Carter announced he was deferring development of the neutron bomb, a high-radiation weapon.

In 1984, the Census Bureau reported Los Angeles had overtaken Chicago as the nation's "second city" in terms of population.

In 1994, civil war erupted in Rwanda, a day after a mysterious plane crash claimed the lives of the presidents of Rwanda and Burundi; in the months that followed, hundreds of thousands of minority Tutsi and Hutu moderates were slaughtered by Hutu extremists.

In 2001, NASA's Mars Odyssey spacecraft took off on a six-month, 286 million-mile journey to the Red Planet.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:14:58 AM
Ten years ago: A Russian rocket carrying American billionaire Charles Simonyi roared into the night skies over Kazakhstan, sending its three occupants on a trip to the international space station. "B.C." comic strip creator Johnny Hart died in Nineveh, New York, at age 76. Actor Barry Nelson died in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, at age 89.

Five years ago: The U.S. warned Syria it wouldn't be able to deceive the world about compliance with a cease-fire that was just days away, as regime forces pounded more opposition strongholds in an apparent rush to crush resistance before troops had to withdraw. A massive avalanche engulfed a Pakistani military complex in a mountain battleground close to the Indian border; all 140 people on the base died. CBS newsman Mike Wallace, 93, died in New Canaan, Connecticut.

One year ago: Russian President Vladimir Putin denied any links to offshore accounts and described the Panama Papers document leaks scandal as part of a U.S.-led plot to weaken Russia. In a brazen assault near the Syrian capital, Islamic State militants abducted 300 cement workers and contractors from their workplace northeast of Damascus. "American Idol" crowned 24-year-old Trent Harmon its 15th and final winner as the influential TV show came to an end.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:15:21 AM
Today's Birthdays: Media commentator Hodding Carter III is 82. Country singer Bobby Bare is 82. Rhythm-and-blues singer Charlie Thomas (The Drifters) is 80. California Gov. Jerry Brown is 79. Movie director Francis Ford Coppola is 78. Actress Roberta Shore is 74. Singer Patricia Bennett (The Chiffons) is 70. Singer John Oates is 69. Former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels is 68. Singer Janis Ian is 66. Country musician John Dittrich is 66. Actor Jackie Chan is 63. College and Pro Football Hall-of-Famer Tony Dorsett is 63. Actor Russell Crowe is 53. Christian/jazz singer Mark Kibble (Take 6) is 53. Actor Bill Bellamy is 52. Rock musician Dave "Yorkie" Palmer (Space) is 52. Former football player-turned-analyst Tiki Barber is 42. Actress Heather Burns is 42. Christian rock singer-musician John Cooper (Skillet) is 42. Actor Kevin Alejandro is 41. Rock musician Ben McKee (Imagine Dragons) is 32. Actor Ed Speleers is 29. Actor Conner Rayburn is 18.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:15:47 AM
Thought for Today: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right." - Henry Ford (1863-1947).
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:16:50 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:19:51 AM
Clear and 57 here this morning, sum my and 80 for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:30:11 AM
Clear and 57 here this morning, sum my and 80 for the afternoon.
Sounds like a three cigar kinda day.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:32:46 AM
Clear and 57 here this morning, sum my and 80 for the afternoon.
Sounds like a three cigar kinda day.
Could be, will be watching golf on the patio starting at 2:00.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 06:35:34 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: sfish on April 07, 2017, 06:41:10 AM
Good morning Daves
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: sfish on April 07, 2017, 06:41:39 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:48:53 AM
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:50:10 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers
Most of which will run the wheels off by Sunday.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 06:51:30 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: sfish on April 07, 2017, 06:59:33 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers
Most of which will run the wheels off by Sunday.
Henley's pretty legit
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 07:08:14 AM
Another half day of meetings,  just shoot me now.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 07:09:06 AM
Morning BipedalFishy and DaveIII
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 07:11:00 AM
Another half day of meetings,  just shoot me now.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:18:02 AM
Good morning to all.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:20:58 AM
Thought for Today: "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right." - Henry Ford (1863-1947).
Yup.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:22:03 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Boy, that does blow.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 07:30:22 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers
Most of which will run the wheels off by Sunday.
Henley's pretty legit
So are most of those guys.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 07:31:16 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Boy, that does blow.
Don't worry, it'll be 67 Sunday because Ohio.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:32:35 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Boy, that does blow.
Don't worry, it'll be 67 Sunday because Ohio.
Hang in there. Sweltering heat will be here before you know it.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:51:10 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: sfish on April 07, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
Any big weekend plans?

no
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 08:05:07 AM
Any big weekend plans?

no
I find that hard to believe, Coach.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 08:06:37 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Boy, that does blow.
Don't worry, it'll be 67 Sunday because Ohio.
Hang in there. Sweltering heat will be here before you know it.
Went out on the front porch and checked, no snow in this sky!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 08:10:58 AM
Snow in April is bullshit. At least it's Friday. Morning, all.
Boy, that does blow.
Don't worry, it'll be 67 Sunday because Ohio.
Hang in there. Sweltering heat will be here before you know it.
Thank goodness. I'll take that over snow any damn day.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 08:12:00 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Getting an oil change in the wife's car tomorrow before she heads out for her trip Sunday/Monday. So I expect a relatively quiet weekend. Lol
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 08:23:35 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Getting an oil change in the wife's car tomorrow before she heads out for her trip Sunday/Monday. So I expect a relatively quiet weekend. Lol
Does she wanna take my warden with her?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 08:43:09 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Getting an oil change in the wife's car tomorrow before she heads out for her trip Sunday/Monday. So I expect a relatively quiet weekend. Lol
Does she wanna take my warden with her?
I was just kidding. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 08:56:02 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Getting an oil change in the wife's car tomorrow before she heads out for her trip Sunday/Monday. So I expect a relatively quiet weekend. Lol
Does she wanna take my warden with her?
I was just kidding. Sheesh.
LALTS
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 09:34:32 AM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 09:41:03 AM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!

*Mounting hardware NOT included.

G'Morning, Fellas...
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers

He's probably more familiar with the Senior Tour guys...  :P
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 09:51:25 AM
Winds were something yesterday. Should be calmer today and shouldn't have the tree garbage on the greens. Still a bit cool out though.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 09:54:10 AM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!

*Mounting hardware NOT included.

G'Morning, Fellas...
Lol, exactly. Bastiges. Morning, Steve.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 10:03:36 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 10:05:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 10:08:28 AM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!

*Mounting hardware NOT included.

G'Morning, Fellas...
TWHS?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 10:09:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 10:12:14 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Gray. Morning, Steve.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.
Morning, Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 10:37:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Gray. Morning, Steve.
The sun keeps teasing us here too. Mostly cloudy with some scattered showers. High is expected to be 50°.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 10:42:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Gray. Morning, Steve.
The sun keeps teasing us here too. Mostly cloudy with some scattered showers. High is expected to be 50°.
(http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1695661/homer-middle-finger-o.gif)
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 11:03:00 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Gray. Morning, Steve.
The sun keeps teasing us here too. Mostly cloudy with some scattered showers. High is expected to be 50°.
(http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1695661/homer-middle-finger-o.gif)
I posted that thinking it was crappy weather but I suppose compared to snow...

I apologize.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 11:10:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret... What's the forecast?
Gray. Morning, Steve.
The sun keeps teasing us here too. Mostly cloudy with some scattered showers. High is expected to be 50°.
(http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1695661/homer-middle-finger-o.gif)
I posted that thinking it was crappy weather but I suppose compared to snow...

I apologize.
At least the snow has stopped now, and the temps are creeping up slightly. Will all be gone sometime tomorrow, when it gets back into the 50s.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 07, 2017, 11:25:40 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Daughter is coming home from college, so my plans better not include
my (her) car.  I should remember to fill the gas tank tonight.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 07, 2017, 11:27:09 AM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!
batteries not included.....  :o
hello boys.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 11:33:32 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Daughter is coming home from college, so my plans better not include
my (her) car.  I should remember to fill the gas tank tonight.

Just give her some cash. I'm sure it will find it's way to the tank... mostly... well, partly... Okay, enough to get her home. ;)

Heya, Flip. 3 hour commute in today?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on April 07, 2017, 11:38:20 AM
Any big weekend plans?
Daughter is coming home from college, so my plans better not include
my (her) car.  I should remember to fill the gas tank tonight.

Just give her some cash. I'm sure it will find it's way to the tank... mostly... well, partly... Okay, enough to get her home. ;)

Heya, Flip. 3 hour commute in today?
only an hour an 10 minutes, Amtrak says they are only down one track instead of 8 in Penn Station.
so things should be approaching normal soon.  They held the 7:25pm train in Secaucus a few minutes, saved me at
least an hour last night.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 12:10:46 PM
Also have to head to Lowe's this weekend. Got my new vise to replace my golf grips, and I stupidly assumed it would come with the necessary mounting bolts. Wrong!
batteries not included.....  :o
hello boys.
Hola, Flipster.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 12:12:58 PM
Any big weekend plans?
Daughter is coming home from college, so my plans better not include
my (her) car.  I should remember to fill the gas tank tonight.

Just give her some cash. I'm sure it will find it's way to the tank... mostly... well, partly... Okay, enough to get her home. ;)

Heya, Flip. 3 hour commute in today?
only an hour an 10 minutes, Amtrak says they are only down one track instead of 8 in Penn Station.
so things should be approaching normal soon.  They held the 7:25pm train in Secaucus a few minutes, saved me at
least an hour last night.
Took the train into Hoboken yesterday afternoon and back home later in the evening. Luckily there were no issues.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 07, 2017, 01:01:51 PM
Any big weekend plans?
Daughter is coming home from college, so my plans better not include
my (her) car.  I should remember to fill the gas tank tonight.

Just give her some cash. I'm sure it will find it's way to the tank... mostly... well, partly... Okay, enough to get her home. ;)

Heya, Flip. 3 hour commute in today?
only an hour an 10 minutes, Amtrak says they are only down one track instead of 8 in Penn Station.
so things should be approaching normal soon.  They held the 7:25pm train in Secaucus a few minutes, saved me at
least an hour last night.
Took the train into Hoboken yesterday afternoon and back home later in the evening. Luckily there were no issues.
3:10 to Yuma.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 02:05:02 PM
2:05 Yuma lull...
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 02:09:12 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 07, 2017, 02:31:06 PM
Slow Friday.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 02:44:37 PM
Slow Friday.

Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 02:53:19 PM
Slow Friday.

Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 02:56:06 PM
Slow Friday.

Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.

I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 07, 2017, 03:06:34 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 07, 2017, 03:07:56 PM
HOFFMAN

MCGIRT

WESTWOOD

HENLEY

CHAPPELL

SULLIVAN

FITZPATRICK

MICKELSON

ROSE

DUFNER

Who the heck are these guys?
...interesting leader board for sure.
They're golfers Dave, golfers

He's probably more familiar with the Senior Tour guys...  :P
Hah!....probably right  :-\, then again I'm not all that familiar with the turf hackers at all.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 03:13:30 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.

Whew! Almost had me worried...
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 03:21:47 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 03:22:22 PM
Slow Friday.

Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Isn't that the point?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 07, 2017, 03:23:32 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Whew! Almost had me worried...
Again, TWHS
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 03:25:47 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 03:26:29 PM
Got all but one item on my buyers fix-it list done today.  Of course 3 of the 5 of them involved that Fuk'n pool.  Got to do a little exterior paint work (about 30 minutes worth) and that is it for my little small jobs.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 07, 2017, 03:26:32 PM
Hazzuh time. Back at it on Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 03:27:40 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
LOL, new you could not resist but those were selling for $475-500 2 years ago.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 07, 2017, 03:29:28 PM
Hazzuh time. Back at it on Tuesday.

See ya, DaveOfTheFairways...
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 07, 2017, 03:31:57 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 03:35:56 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
LOL, new you could not resist but those were selling for $475-500 2 years ago.
It's what happens when you get  insomnia at 3am and start thinking. First you realize it's a good fit for for the biker vest, then you realize it's a good choice for the few times a year you have to wear a suit...suddenly it becomes handy, and irresistible for < $300.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Manual safety model or no-safety model?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 03:51:26 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Manual safety model or no-safety model?
Sounds like +P in a non +P gun sort of thing but sometimes shit just fails.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 03:52:10 PM
Cuarenta and a Sweetwater 420
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 04:07:01 PM
80 degrees, 31% humidity, not a cloud in the sky and a light to moderate breeze on the patio!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 04:19:59 PM
Dead Horse Lull?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 04:20:22 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Manual safety model or no-safety model?
Sounds like +P in a non +P gun sort of thing but sometimes shit just fails.
I thought the Shield was rated for +P.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 04:24:05 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Manual safety model or no-safety model?
Sounds like +P in a non +P gun sort of thing but sometimes shit just fails.
I thought the Shield was rated for +P.
According to S&W, the Shield will shoot +P, but use will accelerate wear. As was stated, NO ONE makes guns for +P+.

I have read a bunch of reviews on shields and have never seen one mentioning any negative other than as always some don't like the trigger.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 04:24:51 PM
[...]
Well, there's that.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: Threebean on April 07, 2017, 04:33:44 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a little more info on the failure mode.  Slide got stuck in the rear position part way through a magazine.  No bullet or casing jamb, just slide in the empty mag position and won't return.  Pistol still has not been returned from the factory.
Manual safety model or no-safety model?
Don't have that detail.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 04:36:27 PM
I'm sure that you've already heard the incredible news.

Once again, there are five Justices -- supporting the pro-gun Heller decision -- who will sit on the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Senate today, by a 54-45 vote, confirmed the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.  And with his ascension to the high court, the Second Amendment will once again regain a pro-gun majority

He will be sworn in om Monday.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 04:37:27 PM
Got to go pick the dog up at the groomer.  BBL
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: razgueado on April 07, 2017, 04:42:35 PM
I'm sure that you've already heard the incredible news.

Once again, there are five Justices -- supporting the pro-gun Heller decision -- who will sit on the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Senate today, by a 54-45 vote, confirmed the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.  And with his ascension to the high court, the Second Amendment will once again regain a pro-gun majority

He will be sworn in om Monday.
Yup. Hallelujah.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 07, 2017, 05:29:21 PM
Thought CarolinaOnMyMindDave was gonna be on the patio by 2pm Tee times...
Carolina is on my mind but my azz is in the Central Time Zone and I was here at 2:00 ;)
Afternoon, Tex. My resolve broke. I ordered an M&P Shield, sans manual safety. Decided I needed a pocket gun, and that was as close in caliber and price as I was willing to go.
Cheap at twice the price.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on April 07, 2017, 05:31:50 PM
I'm sure that you've already heard the incredible news.

Once again, there are five Justices -- supporting the pro-gun Heller decision -- who will sit on the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Senate today, by a 54-45 vote, confirmed the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.  And with his ascension to the high court, the Second Amendment will once again regain a pro-gun majority

He will be sworn in om Monday.
Yup. Hallelujah.
At 49, he's gonna sitting a LONG time.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 05:47:53 PM
Matilde Renacer Corona lit and another Sweetwater 420.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:01:13 PM
Hell of a mess here!  CCU is in the Myrtle Beach Area.

A criminal investigation report obtained from Coastal Carolina University alleges that some members of the CCU cheer team worked as strippers and escorts.

The entire cheer team has been suspended from cheering due to a pending conduct investigation, but are still permitted to attend class.

According to the investigation report obtained by The Sun News through a Freedom of Information request, cheerleaders involved in the escort services were paid between $100 and $1,500 per date.

Cheerleaders also would receive goods such as Michael Kors purses, as well as shoes and clothes, according to the investigation. One cheerleader was offered $800 to escort a male to New York Prime, according to the report.

The cheerleaders would not engage in sexual favors, the report stated, but the investigation found “evidence of an escort service.”

The cheerleaders ran the operation through the website seekingarrangement.com, according to the report.

Text messages between cheerleaders advised team members working at the strip clubs, including Thee DollHouse, to quit their jobs until after a national cheerleading competition taking place in Dayton Beach, Fla., according to the report.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article143169714.html?partner=skygrid#storylink=cpy
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
Lefty Phil is playing some solid golf today, one behind the leader.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 06:05:38 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:08:13 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Evening Mayor, what the hell you doing thinking on Friday afternoon ?  That is a deadly sin!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 06:13:40 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Evening Mayor, what the hell you doing thinking on Friday afternoon ?  That is a deadly sin!
No joke. And unfortunately, I've got a bunch to ponder. It's all good though.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
Slow Friday.
Yeah, and watching golf makes me sleepy. I think it's the whispering announcers.
Same thing all this work is doing to me. Though, I do have the Masters app tuned in on my phone.
I haven't had much time to goof off the past couple weeks, but today has shaped up nicely... maybe an early release as well!
TWHS.  And she wasn't happy about it.
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Evening Mayor, what the hell you doing thinking on Friday afternoon ?  That is a deadly sin!
No joke. And unfortunately, I've got a bunch to ponder. It's all good though.
Pondering is ok but don't be thinking, it is a dangerous thing.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:17:52 PM
Matilde Renacer Corona lit and another Sweetwater 420.
3 months rest and these are very good smokes at a decent price.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:19:39 PM
Lefty Phil is playing some solid golf today, one behind the leader.
Oops, guess I jinxed him he dropped a stroke so 2 back now.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:23:26 PM
The beloved man in East Austin that smokes cigars all day and drinks Boubon everyday.

http://kxan.com/2017/04/07/nations-oldest-living-veteran-honored-with-street-garden/

Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:38:10 PM
No Dean today ???
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 06:49:59 PM
Lefty Phil is playing some solid golf today, one behind the leader.
Oops, guess I jinxed him he dropped a stroke so 2 back now.
Dropped another one, Sheesh!
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:01:51 PM
Matilde Renacer Corona lit and another Sweetwater 420.
3 months rest and these are very good smokes at a decent price.
I feel like I've smoked a Matilde or two but I can't remember anything about them.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 07, 2017, 07:06:31 PM

The beloved man in East Austin that smokes cigars all day and drinks Boubon everyday.

http://kxan.com/2017/04/07/nations-oldest-living-veteran-honored-with-street-garden/

I recall this same guy from last year. Love the new plaque but did they have to make it look like a tombstone?
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 07:12:24 PM

The beloved man in East Austin that smokes cigars all day and drinks Boubon everyday.

http://kxan.com/2017/04/07/nations-oldest-living-veteran-honored-with-street-garden/

I recall this same guy from last year. Love the new plaque but did they have to make it look like a tombstone?
Yeah I have posted stories about him a couple of times, what a great story he is.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 07:19:42 PM
Guess I will stir up some dinner but not sure what it might be.
Title: Re: 4/7/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 07, 2017, 08:17:32 PM
Watching baseball, the TX Lnghorns vs the CB Sooners