CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: 12/8/2014  (Read 35730 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/8/2014
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »

I was gonna wrap it up early, flip the site and go to bed but I haven't spoken to you in forever, SLY.  How're things?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »

Well, I started early today, so time to start shutting down for the long commute.  High school band concert to attend tonight for #2 son.  I'll catch y'all in the morning.  Everyone be careful out there.
Raz, sorry I haven't been on much, but I did ask how you broke your leg ... didn't hear from you,
but from just lurking here and there, I kind put some pieces together.  How are you doing now?
I was hoping it wasn't from a motorcycle wreck.
Long story short, he fell into a ditch.  No motorcycle involved.  He's feeling much better and went to work today.  He was on Oxy and sweated kicking it.  He hopes the Vicodin will be easier.  Tried surviving on over the counter pain killers but that wasn't working out either.  Finally had and enjoyed a cigar yesterday after a long while.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »

We had a terrible tragedy in the DC area today.  A private business jet hit a few houses and jet fuel consumed another house in fire, killing a young mother, 3 yr. old and infant sons.  I believe TRO lives
in that county, though not in that specific area ... it could happen anywhere, but this was about a mile from the end of the runway, the pilot was supposed to land on.  All three on the jet were killed, MD was piloting.
The wife leaves a husband and 5 year old daughter who were at work & school.  Mom was home on maternity leave.  Sheesh, you never know the day or the hour ... not much she or anyone could do under the circumstances.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2014, 11:41:05 PM »

I was gonna wrap it up early, flip the site and go to bed but I haven't spoken to you in forever, SLY.  How're things?
EIGHTEEN!  Whoo ... did it for OYYOYOY!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2014, 11:41:15 PM »

We had a terrible tragedy in the DC area today.  A private business jet hit a few houses and jet fuel consumed another house in fire, killing a young mother, 3 yr. old and infant sons.  I believe TRO lives
in that county, though not in that specific area ... it could happen anywhere, but this was about a mile from the end of the runway, the pilot was supposed to land on.  All three on the jet were killed, MD was piloting.
The wife leaves a husband and 5 year old daughter who were at work & school.  Mom was home on maternity leave.  Sheesh, you never know the day or the hour ... not much she or anyone could do under the circumstances.
That's horrible.  I hope they didn't suffer too.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2014, 11:43:59 PM »

Well, I started early today, so time to start shutting down for the long commute.  High school band concert to attend tonight for #2 son.  I'll catch y'all in the morning.  Everyone be careful out there.
Raz, sorry I haven't been on much, but I did ask how you broke your leg ... didn't hear from you,
but from just lurking here and there, I kind put some pieces together.  How are you doing now?
Long story short, he fell into a ditch.  No motorcycle involved.  He's feeling much better and went to work today.  He was on Oxy and sweated kicking it.  He hopes the Vicodin will be easier.  Tried surviving on over the counter pain killers but that wasn't working out either.  Finally had and enjoyed a cigar yesterday after a long while.
Tony, I am sorry to hear it, but happy it wasn't worse.  I've had to make the decision between OXY and something else ... always choose the lesser if it'll do the job ... then I keep the Oxy in case there's a real emergency (like a 9/11 or something) where I or someone else might need it.  What kind of cigar did you have?  Give me a moment to try to remember what I had yesterday.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2014, 11:46:22 PM »

It's been awful listening to the coverage ... crash was about 10:45am this morning, and they said 3 people were unaccounted for.  There was hope that maybe the missing were elsewhere, but the car was in the driveway. They did not discover the bodies until 4:30pm or so ... Mother had gotten them into the bathroom, was holding the baby and trying to shield the 3 year old.  She acted heroically/maternally.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »

Tony, I am sorry to hear it, but happy it wasn't worse.  I've had to make the decision between OXY and something else ... always choose the lesser if it'll do the job ... then I keep the Oxy in case there's a real emergency (like a 9/11 or something) where I or someone else might need it.  What kind of cigar did you have?  Give me a moment to try to remember what I had yesterday.
I was referring to Bret (Raz) and he had a CLE Cuarenta.  I have no broken bones here and the last cigar I smoked during our NJHerf last Thursday was a La Antiguedad.  It was phenomenal!

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:17 PM »

I had a MoW Side Project Skull Crusher.  Later, I had a La Campina (FSS) ... nice med. smoke.
One cigar I had a few days ago that was a super disappointment ... Sorry Rocky, I love ya, but the 15th Anniv. toro or Churchill I had was just awful.  Draw was too stiff, but the flavor was on the bitter side ... not very enjoyable ... stuck with it, hoping it would make a positive transition, but it didn't.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:15 PM »

I had a MoW Side Project Skull Crusher.  Later, I had a La Campina (FSS) ... nice med. smoke.
One cigar I had a few days ago that was a super disappointment ... Sorry Rocky, I love ya, but the 15th Anniv. toro or Churchill I had was just awful.  Draw was too stiff, but the flavor was on the bitter side ... not very enjoyable ... stuck with it, hoping it would make a positive transition, but it didn't.
Hate when that happens.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »

I was referring to Bret (Raz) and he had a CLE Cuarenta.  I have no broken bones here and the last cigar I smoked during our NJHerf last Thursday was a La Antiguedad.  It was phenomenal!
Sounds good ... I wanted to hear about the herf, but guess I missed any discussion the next day.  Haven't had the pleasure of that cigar.  How would you compare it to the FdLA?  I bought about a 5 pack from Oy and enjoyed every one of those.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2014, 11:56:59 PM »

It's been awful listening to the coverage ... crash was about 10:45am this morning, and they said 3 people were unaccounted for.  There was hope that maybe the missing were elsewhere, but the car was in the driveway. They did not discover the bodies until 4:30pm or so ... Mother had gotten them into the bathroom, was holding the baby and trying to shield the 3 year old.  She acted heroically/maternally.
My prayers will be with them.  That is just about the most tragic story.  I'm gonna call it a night, SLY.  Thanks for visiting.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2014, 12:00:14 AM »

Sounds good ... I wanted to hear about the herf, but guess I missed any discussion the next day.  Haven't had the pleasure of that cigar.  How would you compare it to the FdLA?  I bought about a 5 pack from Oy and enjoyed every one of those.

Never had the FdlA but I have it on good authority that the La Antiguedad is better.  Ok I'm really gone now.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]