Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:50:07 AM »

In 1987, following the confirmation defeat of Robert H. Bork to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court, President Ronald Reagan announced his choice of Douglas H. Ginsburg, a nomination that fell apart over revelations of Ginsburg's previous marijuana use. Jazz great Woody Herman died in Los Angeles at age 74.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:07 AM »

In 1994, Francisco Martin Duran fired more than two dozen shots from a semiautomatic rifle at the White House. (Duran was later convicted of trying to assassinate President Bill Clinton and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:47 AM »

In 1998, Sen. John Glenn, at age 77, roared back into space aboard the shuttle Discovery, retracing the trail he'd blazed for America's astronauts 36 years earlier.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:16 AM »

In 2012, Superstorm Sandy came ashore in New Jersey and slowly marched inland, devastating coastal communities and causing widespread power outages; the storm and its aftermath are blamed for at least 182 deaths in the U.S.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:46 AM »

Ten years ago: Three blasts ripped through markets in New Delhi, India, killing 62 people in attacks blamed by the government on Islamic militants. Hundreds of people slowly filed past the body of civil rights icon Rosa Parks in Montgomery, Alabama, just miles from the downtown street where she'd made history by refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white man. Saint Liam won the Breeders' Cup Classic at Belmont Park. Actor Lloyd Bochner, 81, died in Santa Monica, California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:26 AM »

Five years ago: Authorities on three continents said they had thwarted multiple terrorist attacks aimed at the United States, seizing two explosive packages addressed to Chicago-area synagogues and packed aboard cargo jets from Yemen.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:56 AM »

One year ago: Ordering firm restrictions for U.S. troops returning from West Africa, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the military men and women helping fight Ebola had to undergo 21-day quarantines upon their return — longer than required for many civilian health care workers. The San Francisco Giants succeeded where no team had in 3 1/2 decades, winning Game 7 on the road for their third World Series title in five years as they defeated the Kansas City Royals 3-2.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 01:54:42 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Bluegrass singer-musician Sonny Osborne (The Osborne Brothers) is 78. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is 77. Country singer Lee Clayton is 73. Rock musician Denny Laine is 71. Singer Melba Moore is 70. Musician Peter Green is 69. Actor Richard Dreyfuss is 68. Actress Kate Jackson is 67. The former president of Turkey, Abdullah Gul, is 65. Actor Dan Castellaneta (TV: "The Simpsons") is 58. Country musician Steve Kellough (Wild Horses) is 58. Comic strip artist Tom Wilson ("Ziggy") is 58. Actress Finola Hughes is 56. Singer Randy Jackson is 54. Rock musician Peter Timmins (Cowboy Junkies) is 50. Actress Joely Fisher is 48. Rapper Paris is 48. Actor Rufus Sewell is 48. Actor Grayson McCouch (mih-KOOCH') is 47. Rock singer SA Martinez (311) is 46. Musician Toby Smith is 45. Actress Winona Ryder is 44. Actress Tracee Ellis Ross is 43. Actor Trevor Lissauer is 42. Actress Gabrielle Union is 42. Olympic gold medal bobsledder Vonetta Flowers is 42. Actress Milena Govich is 39. Actor Jon Abrahams is 38. Actor Brendan Fehr is 38. Actor Ben Foster is 35. Rock musician Chris Baio (Vampire Weekend) is 31. Actress India Eisley is 22.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 01:55:11 AM »

Thought for Today: "Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light."— Joseph Pulitzer, American newspaper publisher (born 1847, died this date in 1911).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 01:56:31 AM »

The Pharmacist
-------------------------

Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the
door by his sobbing wife. Tearfully she explained,
"It's the pharmacist. He insulted me terribly
this morning on the phone."

Immediately the husband drove downtown to confront
the phamacist and demand an apology. Before he
could say more than a few words, the druggist
told him, "Now, just a minute, please listen
to my side of it...

This morning the alarm failed to go off, so
I was late getting up. I went without breakfast
and hurried out to the car, just to realize that
I locked the house with both house and car keys
inside. I had to break a window to get my keys.
Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding
ticket.

Later, about three blocks from the store, I
had a flat tire. When I got to the store there
was a bunch of people waiting for me to open
up. I opened and started waiting on these people,
and all the time the darn phone was ringing off
the hook."

He continued, "Then I had to break a roll of
nickels against the cash register drawer to make
change, and they spilled all over the floor.
I got down on my hands and knees to pick up the
nickels; the phone was still ringing. When I
came up I cracked my head on the open cash drawer,
which made me stagger back against a showcase
with bunch of perfume bottles on it...all of
them hit the floor and broke.

Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with
no let up, and I finally got to answer it. It
was your wife. She wanted to know how to use
a rectal thermometer...and, honest mister, all
I did was tell her!"

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 02:15:36 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 03:54:29 AM »

Morning, Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 04:01:12 AM »

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/29/2015
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »

Very exciting place around here this morning.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 05:21:09 AM »

Very exciting place around here this morning.
Right? Sheesh.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16