LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »

21 Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona
         10/34.99
20 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton
          5/25.00
19 Gran Habano Corojo #5 Robusto
         10/24.50
18 La Reloba Habano Robusto
          5/19.99
17 Torano Dominican Selection Gordo
          10/29.99
16 Flor de La Antillas
          5/27.50
15 Joya de Nicaragua Dream Team Sampler
         12/37.50
14 Vegas Limitada TENTH
          5/29.50
13 Oliva Serie 'G' Torpedo
         10/32.50
12 Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
         10/32.50
11 CAO America Bottlerocket Churchill
          3/16.99
10 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully Belicoso
         10/39.99
 9 La Aroma de Cuba Marquis Tubo Toro
          5/26.99
 8 Man O' War Ruination
         10/39.99
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black no58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Varina Farms Winter Warmer Belicoso
         10/29.99
 5 Oliva Connecticut Reserve Toro
          5/22.50
 4 Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
         10/39.99
 3 E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Natural 52
          5/22.50
 2 Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo
          10/29.99
 1 Sam Leccia Luchador
          5/27.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »

18
--- Scotch and cigar?! Don't kind if I do.....bourbon anyways.  Howdy flip!
Good to see ya Fish!
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!
Yeah, it was pretty damn delicious.
Damn you  ;)

« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
that's a regional cut, we don't see it here in New York/Jersey.
Sirlion tips were big in Boston, different supermarkets/butchers, different cuts.
Yesterday a supermarket out here, had Pork chops on sale.  The guy at the checkout mentioned
that I had bought the nicest, meatiest pork chops he had ever seen.  I told him first time I had come
across Porterhouse chops of pork. It was a family pack. 8 chops, the front 2 looked like porterhouse
with the filet on one side of the t bone, and 6 looked like shell steaks, but pork.  I agreed with him, told him
I saw these at $1.99 a pound, i put back the shoulder chops at $1.79 with the big bone.  were more than
worth the 20 cent difference.
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »

18
--- Scotch and cigar?! Don't kind if I do.....bourbon anyways.  Howdy flip!
Good to see ya Fish!
Hey Chip!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!
Yeah, it was pretty damn delicious.

It certainly does. Just wasn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear BBQ. It's all about the pig around here. All parts of the pig... 'from the rooter to the tooter'.
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
that's a regional cut, we don't see it here in New York/Jersey.
Sirlion tips were big in Boston, different supermarkets/butchers, different cuts.
Yesterday a supermarket out here, had Pork chops on sale.  The guy at the checkout mentioned
that I had bought the nicest, meatiest pork chops he had ever seen.  I told him first time I had come
across Porterhouse chops of pork. It was a family pack. 8 chops, the front 2 looked like porterhouse
with the filet on one side of the t bone, and 6 looked like shell steaks, but pork.  I agreed with him, told him
I saw these at $1.99 a pound, i put back the shoulder chops at $1.79 with the big bone.  were more than
worth the 20 cent difference.
Definitely a regional thing.  Michigan has that cut too, never heard of until a coworker from Michigan asked for it at the grocery store.  Now they carry tried tip cuts almost all the time.  Becoming popular in NoVA.

« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »

18
--- Scotch and cigar?! Don't kind if I do.....bourbon anyways.  Howdy flip!
Actually I'm a cognac guy, but i saw the shirt and it said avatar all over it.
Note to self, check what type of cognac the Park is/was, VSOP or XO or other. almost empty
and it was so damn smooth.

« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2014, 01:52:28 PM »

[...]

we might call it a sirloin tip london broil.  definately better then shoulder or round.

« Reply #279 on: June 24, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!
Yeah, it was pretty damn delicious.

It certainly does. Just wasn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear BBQ. It's all about the pig around here. All parts of the pig... 'from the rooter to the tooter'.
As they say, the only part they don't cook is the squeal!
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »

MOWPAs.  Love them.  Have a few, just bought more.  Actually have room in the humis from CF now.

« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

MOWPAs.  Love them.  Have a few, just bought more.  Actually have room in the humis from CF now.
This price is good? Been wanting to try these.
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »

18
--- Scotch and cigar?! Don't kind if I do.....bourbon anyways.  Howdy flip!
Actually I'm a cognac guy, but i saw the shirt and it said avatar all over it.
Note to self, check what type of cognac the Park is/was, VSOP or XO or other. almost empty
and it was so damn smooth.
Ha ha....."was."
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »

Manager cooking up some BBQ today for lunch. Gotta go get my mitts on some.

Pulled/chopped pork?... Mmmm. Pork.
Tri-tip beef, chicken kebobs and roasted potatoes. Yum.
Damn, sounds good!
Yeah it does, damn!
Yeah, it was pretty damn delicious.

It certainly does. Just wasn't the first thing that comes to mind when I hear BBQ. It's all about the pig around here. All parts of the pig... 'from the rooter to the tooter'.
As they say, the only part they don't cook is the squeal!

Yup. and they save that for the clear liquid in the mason jars. ;)
Logged

gmrfish

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
Re: 6/24/2014
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »

MOWPAs.  Love them.  Have a few, just bought more.  Actually have room in the humis from CF now.
This price is good? Been wanting to try these.
$34.99 for 10.  Aboot as low as they go, on a rare occasion they'll be $32.99 but have only seen that once or twice in the past year or so.  Solid stick, nice pepper.