CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/23/2014  (Read 61447 times)

dogdays

Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

Good morning Tom ! .

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2014, 09:08:42 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Happy birthday, Shaun.  Hope you had a great day yesterday, Pat.  GFY, Scott.
Think that about covers it. Morning, Tony.
I was gonna put something in there about the Daves and then I thought, how about Tom and Chip?  Then I figured "gents" covered it all.  Speaking of covering it, how'd the painting go?
What am I? Chopped Liver?
What do you mean?
Don't mean nothing - just goofing on a Monday morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2014, 09:09:05 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Happy birthday, Shaun.  Hope you had a great day yesterday, Pat.  GFY, Scott.
I was gonna put something in there about the Daves and then I thought, how about Tom and Chip?  Then I figured "gents" covered it all.  Speaking of covering it, how'd the painting go?
What do you mean?
Chopped liver as an expression from Wikipedia:

Since eating chopped liver may not be appreciated by everyone, the Jewish English expression "What am I, chopped liver?", signifies frustration or anger at being ignored on a social level.

An alternative explanation for the etymology of the "What am I, chopped liver?" expression is that chopped liver was traditionally served as a side dish rather than a main course. The phrase, therefore may have originally meant to express a feeling of being overlooked, as a "side dish."
I still don't get how it applies here, Tom.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »

Yes, happy birthday Goldie !
Thanks Dave, nice tits! ;)
Yup, Erin go braghless!
Don't let me have to Google this, Dave.  Where the fuck is Tullamore?
Draw a line away from any tourist location you would want to visit in Ireland and they intersect in Tullamore.  Pretty much dead center of the country. 

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »

What do you mean?

Since eating chopped liver may not be appreciated by everyone, the Jewish English expression "What am I, chopped liver?", signifies frustration or anger at being ignored on a social level.

An alternative explanation for the etymology of the "What am I, chopped liver?" expression is that chopped liver was traditionally served as a side dish rather than a main course. The phrase, therefore may have originally meant to express a feeling of being overlooked, as a "side dish."
Tony, my mistake for not reading your post correctly (most likely) or it was nice use of the modify button.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:58 AM »

As well as can be expected, I guess. Good weather, nothing broke, no one got hurt and it's done.
Wow.  That good huh?
Just a pain doing all the scraping and painting for 2 straight days, being back at work is almost a vacation. And getting up to the very top of that ladder to get the peak of the split level, that made me clench the cheeks a bit tighter, that's for sure. Haha.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »

What do you mean?

An alternative explanation for the etymology of the "What am I, chopped liver?" expression is that chopped liver was traditionally served as a side dish rather than a main course. The phrase, therefore may have originally meant to express a feeling of being overlooked, as a "side dish."[
Not many appetizers or side dishes here....mostly leftovers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »

Yup, Erin go braghless!
Draw a line away from any tourist location you would want to visit in Ireland and they intersect in Tullamore.  Pretty much dead center of the country.
Ireland would have been sufficient.  I don't have my avvys turned on, as usual.  You out there on business?  Either way, drink a pint for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »

What do you mean?

Tony, my mistake for not reading your post correctly (most likely) or it was nice use of the modify button.
LMAO.  I'm just fucking with you, Tom.  I had to go back and modify all the posts, including yours and LTG's.

dogdays

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »

Yup, Erin go braghless!
Ireland would have been sufficient.  I don't have my avvys turned on, as usual.  You out there on business?  Either way, drink a pint for me.
Dave that is so cool that your in Ireland ! , are you going to play golf ? .

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »

Yup, Erin go braghless!
Yea, business as usual.  Pints have been and will be consumed, will raise one in your honor.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2014, 09:25:12 AM »

Yup, Erin go braghless!
Dave that is so cool that your in Ireland ! , are you going to play golf ? .
Not really, it's just work.  Unfortunately I don't play golf, but associates that I have been here with love this time of year, because it is light until almost 10:30....do a full day of work and hit  18 after.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »

As well as can be expected, I guess. Good weather, nothing broke, no one got hurt and it's done.
Wow.  That good huh?
Just a pain doing all the scraping and painting for 2 straight days, being back at work is almost a vacation. And getting up to the very top of that ladder to get the peak of the split level, that made me clench the cheeks a bit tighter, that's for sure. Haha.
I hear ya.  I'm not particularly afraid of heights, but completely afraid to fall from a ladder.  Been needing to do some outdoor ladder work and putting it off.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2014, 09:26:48 AM »

Hey Antnee....I'm in fukkin' Ireland.....is that sufficient?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26