Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

  • Administrator
2/21/2015
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:00:06 AM »

Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a drink and welcome aboard!

Not a bad day's work.  Well that's all for me.  Good night.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Not a bad day's work.  Well that's all for me.  Good night.
Good night Tony...  I'm heading for bed myself.  G'night all...!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Good morning guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

6 CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0"x56)
         10/38.99
 5 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/27.50
 4 Diesel
         10/29.99
 3 Tatuaje Havana VI
          5/24.99
 2 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.99
 1 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals
          5/23.50
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Cowboy Logic
-------------------------

A few years ago, the Sierra Club and the U.S. Forest Service were
presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for controlling the
coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using
the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predator,
the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution.

What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the
males castrated and let loose again and the population would be
controlled. This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep
Grower's Association by the Sierra Club and the USFS.

All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of
minutes. Finally, an old boy in the back stood up, tipped his hat
back and said, "Son, I don't think you understand the problem. Those
coyotes ain't f*ckin' our sheep - they're eatin' 'em."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

On this day in 1948, the National Association for Stock Car Racing--or NASCAR, as it will come to be widely known--is officially incorporated. NASCAR racing will go on to become one of America's most popular spectator sports, as well as a multi-billion-dollar industry.

The driving force behind the establishment of NASCAR was William "Bill" France Sr. (1909-1992), a mechanic and auto-repair shop owner from Washington, D.C., who in the mid-1930s moved to Daytona Beach, Florida. The Daytona area was a gathering spot for racing enthusiasts, and France became involved in racing cars and promoting races. After witnessing how racing rules could vary from event to event and how dishonest promoters could abscond with prize money, France felt there was a need for a governing body to sanction and promote racing. He gathered members of the racing community to discuss the idea, and NASCAR was born, with its official incorporation in February 1921. France served as NASCAR's first president and played a key role in shaping its development in the sport's early decades.

NASCAR held its first Strictly Stock race on June 19, 1949, at the Charlotte Speedway in North Carolina. Some 13,000 fans were on hand to watch Glenn Dunnaway finish the 200-lap race first in his Ford; however, Jim Roper (who drove a Lincoln) collected the $2,000 prize after Dunnaway was disqualified for illegal rear springs on his vehicle. In the early years of NASCAR, competitors drove the same types of cars that people drove on the street--Buicks, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, among others--with minimal modifications. (Today, the cars are highly customized.)

In 1950, the first NASCAR-based track, the Darlington Raceway in South Carolina, opened. More new raceways followed, including the Daytona International Speedway, which opened in 1959. Lee Petty won the first Daytona 500, which was run on February 22 of that year. The Daytona 500 became NASCAR's season opener and one of its premiere events. Lee Petty's son Richard, who began his racing career in 1958, won the Daytona 500 a record seven times and became NASCAR's first superstar before retiring in 1992. On February 18, 1979, the first live flag-to-flag coverage of the Daytona 500 was broadcast on television. An end-of-the-race brawl between drivers Cale Yarborough and Donnie and Bobby Allison was a huge publicity generator and helped boost NASCAR's popularity on a national scale.

In 1972, France's son, William France Jr., took over the presidency of NASCAR from his father. Over the next three decades, the younger France (1933-2007) was instrumental in transforming NASCAR from a regional sport popular primarily in the southeast U.S. into one with a global fan base. France led NASCAR into a new era of lucrative corporate sponsorships and billion-dollar TV contracts. Today, NASCAR has three national series as well as four regional series and two international series. The organization sanctions over 1,200 races at 100 tracks across North America.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

On this day in 1848, just as he stands up from his desk in the House of Representatives to defend his no vote on a bill, former President John Quincy Adams suddenly collapses from a cerebral hemorrhage. House members carried him to a bed in the Speaker of the House's private chambers and immediately summoned his wife Louisa. By the time she arrived, he was not able to recognize her. His last words supposedly were, This is the end of earth, but I am content.

Born on July 11, 1767, in Braintree (later renamed Quincy), Massachusetts, Adams was the son of the second U.S. president, John Adams. He inherited his father's passion for politics, accompanied his father on diplomatic missions from the time he was 14 and, once grown, entered the legal profession. As a young man, he served as minister to a variety of countries including Prussia, the Netherlands, Portugal, Russia and England. In 1803, he began his first term in the Senate and later helped negotiate the Treaty of Ghent, which ended the War of 1812. From 1817 to 1824, he served President James Monroe as secretary of state.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

7 Ave Maria Reconquista (7.0"x54)
          3/39.99
 6 CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0"x56)
         10/38.99
 5 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/27.50
 4 Diesel
         10/29.99
 3 Tatuaje Havana VI
          5/24.99
 2 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.99
 1 E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals
          5/23.50

Morning Chip. Happy jammin' Saturday.

Did we get some new stars here? Not sure what color I have now, I think I'll call them rust.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning Chip. Happy jammin' Saturday.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Did we get some new stars here? Not sure what color I have now, I think I'll call them rust.
I don't really care about the color as long as the site works.

Did we get some new stars here? Not sure what color I have now, I think I'll call them rust.
I don't really care about the color as long as the site works.
Agreed.
Logged

dwgbryant

Goog morning Chip and Dave.