CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 3/5/2018  (Read 10919 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 3/5/2018
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 07:18:46 AM »

Good morning boys, been pretty much off the banter for more than a week. My MIL passed away on Friday, February 23rd. She had Dementia and was in assisted living since September after living with my SIL for years. She declined quickly after a fall and honestly the end was a blessing. Obviously had our hands full the last week, first day back to work
Sorry to hear it. Must be awful to lose a parent, and to lose them slowly like that, I can't even imagine. At least now she has peace.

sfish

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 07:22:54 AM »

Good morning boys, been pretty much off the banter for more than a week. My MIL passed away on Friday, February 23rd. She had Dementia and was in assisted living since September after living with my SIL for years. She declined quickly after a fall and honestly the end was a blessing. Obviously had our hands full the last week, first day back to work
Sorry to hear it. Must be awful to lose a parent, and to lose them slowly like that, I can't even imagine. At least now she has peace.
Thanks. For sure, they have had it tough. They lost their dad 8 years ago, then had to take care of their mom. Been a long road

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »

Morning Fish.   While a blessing in some ways, still very hard, with lots to deal with and work through.
Thoughts and prayers.

sfish

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2018, 07:29:49 AM »

Morning Fish.   While a blessing in some ways, still very hard, with lots to deal with and work through.
Thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Dave. My wife shouldered the brunt, she handled all of her doctors and medical paperwork. She also handles all of her finances and was her Power of Attorney. All of that while working for the head of manufacturing at Merck, I'm not sure how she did it all

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 07:30:06 AM »

sorry to hear about your MIL. will keep you and yours in my prayers.

sfish

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:23 AM »

On a cigar note, I bought a 5-er of the new Murcialagos which are mashing today. Not sure what to expect there but had to try

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »

Thanks. For sure, they have had it tough. They lost their dad 8 years ago, then had to take care of their mom. Been a long road
Sounds like a very familiar story. Not unique enough. We've got to figure out the cause and cure for this terrible disease.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »

morning Scott and AnotherDave.

sfish

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »

sorry to hear about your MIL. will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Thank you Dean

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »

Thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Dave. My wife shouldered the brunt, she handled all of her doctors and medical paperwork. She also handles all of her finances and was her Power of Attorney. All of that while working for the head of manufacturing at Merck, I'm not sure how she did it all
Sounds like she could use a little rest. Take care of her.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2018, 07:33:55 AM »

On a cigar note, I bought a 5-er of the new Murcialagos which are mashing today. Not sure what to expect there but had to try
Because obviously you're already taking care of yourself.

sfish

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »

Thoughts and prayers.
Sounds like she could use a little rest. Take care of her.
Leaving for FL in 3 weeks so that's a well timed break

sfish

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2018, 07:36:48 AM »

Because obviously you're already taking care of yourself.
Ha! Always on the cigar hunt

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »

It's still a bit cold and windy here but I'm hoping to get in a cigar on my way home this evening.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »

It's still a bit cold and windy here but I'm hoping to get in a cigar on my way home this evening.
Last night I had one of the FyRs that were on special a couple weeks ago at the Page. Solid smoke, burn line was perfect. Definitely a bargain at $1.25 or whatever they were.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11