Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2024, 01:38:23 PM »

Got my Saturday chore done, installing a new ceiling fan in the oldest's room. I'm pooped. Have to pick her up in a bit from her friend's house, so maybe I'm not quite done with chores yet.
I've done that before. It should be easier but it isn't. Especially if you have old wiring, like I do. I bought the place from an electrician so most of the house was updated but there is still some of the old wiring too and the house is 92 years old.
Mine would've been easier if I hadn't let one of the wires hang out of the box by accident, so when I turned it on the first time, it was hitting the blades inside the housing and making a racket. Had to take it back apart to fix it, then reassemble. Annoying, but avoidable.

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2024, 01:38:48 PM »

Next door neighbor already has his mower out, since it's been nice out for about 20 minutes.
LOL. Most of my neighbors use a landscaper and I had to deal with the ruckus of the mowers and blowers earlier in the week.

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 01:39:22 PM »

Got my Saturday chore done, installing a new ceiling fan in the oldest's room. I'm pooped. Have to pick her up in a bit from her friend's house, so maybe I'm not quite done with chores yet.
I've done that before. It should be easier but it isn't. Especially if you have old wiring, like I do. I bought the place from an electrician so most of the house was updated but there is still some of the old wiring too and the house is 92 years old.
Mine would've been easier if I hadn't let one of the wires hang out of the box by accident, so when I turned it on the first time, it was hitting the blades inside the housing and making a racket. Had to take it back apart to fix it, then reassemble. Annoying, but avoidable.
But for the first time installing one, since the ones we had came with the house, I won't complain too much. Took just about how long the instructions said it would.

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2024, 02:57:21 PM »

[...]

Mine would have sat in the basement for about 6 months before I even started the project. Did it say anything about that in the instructions?

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 03:00:05 PM »

[...]

Lol. Mine sat for about 2 weeks, but that was mostly difficulty in finding a time to do it when it wouldn't inconvenience the wife getting ready for work, since that breaker also controls the main light in the bathroom.

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2024, 03:09:27 PM »

I'll see your tent outside the gas station selling flowers on Valentine's Day and raise you one selling solar eclipse merch.

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2024, 03:13:23 PM »

I'll see your tent outside the gas station selling flowers on Valentine's Day and raise you one selling solar eclipse merch.

Ya gotta love the entrepreneurial spirit.

My kids are getting them from school on Monday but my wife has already bought us each a pair.

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2024, 03:15:22 PM »

I'll see your tent outside the gas station selling flowers on Valentine's Day and raise you one selling solar eclipse merch.

Ya gotta love the entrepreneurial spirit.

My kids are getting them from school on Monday but my wife has already bought us each a pair.
We had 2 left over from the last partial eclipse a few years ago, but my FIL hooked us up with 5 more.

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2024, 03:16:10 PM »

I'll see your tent outside the gas station selling flowers on Valentine's Day and raise you one selling solar eclipse merch.

Ya gotta love the entrepreneurial spirit.

My kids are getting them from school on Monday but my wife has already bought us each a pair.
We had 2 left over from the last partial eclipse a few years ago, but my FIL hooked us up with 5 more.
There was also a TON of merch at Niagara Falls. I read somewhere they're expecting up to a million people in the area for it.

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2024, 06:34:52 PM »

Connections
Puzzle #300
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Good deal!

Connections
Puzzle #300
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2024, 06:58:39 PM »

Oh yea, page 3!

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2024, 07:00:13 PM »

Still page 3

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2024, 07:01:22 PM »

Big earthquake here in SC...keeping up with NJ
(magnitude 1.23).  I felt nothing.
TWSS

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2024, 07:31:29 PM »

Oh yea, page 3!
Ah, I knew I recognized Eliza's name, but couldn't place it. There's the coinkydink of the day, her and Zach Braff both acting in Scrubs.

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2024, 09:19:47 PM »

Big earthquake here in SC...keeping up with NJ
(magnitude 1.23).  I felt nothing.
TWSS
Did Figment feel it?
Logged