CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 7/14/2020  (Read 3669 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/14/2020
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2020, 08:47:03 PM »

I'm a founding member, but my post count is a third or less of other founding members.  Not that anyone cares, but seven circumstances led to this.  First, I broke my leg and spent a month-and-a-half in a narcotic haze and fell behind in my post count.  Second, Joe Swaykos went back to school, which dropped the post count here considerably, and reduced the controversy level considerably, which left less to which to post responses.  Third, subsequently, or perhaps consequently, a lot of users drifted away, which dropped the post count further.  Fourth, I got moved out of my cubicle at work and into a bullpen, which made it harder to sneak posts in without my supervisor noticing my slacking.  Fifth, two years ago, I got the big promotion...well, moderate-size promotion, anyway. Sixth, Redfish drifted away, which meant one less frequent poster to debate with.  Finally, COVID-19 hit and I was working my ass off and not riding the vanpool, and that really set me back.  Entire weeks went by without me even saying, "Morning, muchachos." Strange how things happen.

Lessee...was it 2012 I started hanging with you guys, over on CI?  Seems like it.  Been a long strange trip since then.

Just a little postwhoring.  Might as well get started on the next thousand.  It could take a coupla years.
This post could have easily went for 340
Yeah, I coulda milked this one.  i'm losing my touch.
See, that's why you only have 12K  and not a seasoned PW.  You could have easily broken up that thought into 5 or six posts.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2020, 08:47:47 PM »

We're just glad you're around now and able to stop in when you can.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2020, 08:53:12 PM »

We're just glad you're around now and able to stop in when you can.
Awww, gee, thanks. You're the best, Dave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »

Haven't had one of these fine cigars in a long while. No good reason why.

Threebean

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2020, 11:00:31 PM »

"Administration officials have attempted to discredit Fauci in recent days, suggesting that he was frequently incorrect in the early days of the virus.

However, during an event at the White House later on Monday, the president said he has a "very good relationship with Fauci."

"I find him to be a very nice person," the president said, though he acknowledged "I don't always agree with him." A May poll by CBS News revealed 62% of Americans trust Fauci for coronavirus information, compared to 38% for Mr. Trump."

So glad we get our politics shaping information from Chuck Woolery, Hannity, Breitbart and such, why should we trust doctors and the CDC.  My main question is how is it possible that trump even gets 38% trusting what he says over a seasoned doctor?
And you wonder why our page counts are low. Save the commie crap for facebook.
I thought we loved controversy?
Well, we do.  But some people only like engaging in controversy with people they agree with.  ;-)
I don't come here for controversy.  I can get that anywhere.  Unless it involves Dean, and that has been in short supply.
You're just cranky because you didn't get all greens today....that and you're old!
Then there are those people who just like to aggravate Mark ThreeBean.
Yea, there's that... ;D

Threebean

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2020, 11:01:02 PM »

Couldn't let Tuesday slip away without a well deserved GFY.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]