Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »

Good morning Dean and Dave. 18.2 inches of snow fell according to weather reports. Catching my outside rounds with an Espinosa habano 10 degrees right now.
I'd sent send you some warm weather Rick but I don't have any.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »

Dogs walked, very heavy frost that looks like a light snow.
no frost here but lows close to freezing down here.
I miss shorts and flip flops.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 07:22:29 AM »

Good morning Dean and Dave. 18.2 inches of snow fell according to weather reports. Catching my outside rounds with an Espinosa habano 10 degrees right now.
I'd sent send you some warm weather Rick but I don't have any.
Compared to his weather you do!

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 07:52:56 AM »

Good morning Dean and Dave. 18.2 inches of snow fell according to weather reports. Catching my outside rounds with an Espinosa habano 10 degrees right now.
I'd sent send you some warm weather Rick but I don't have any.
Compared to his weather you do!
I'd have to consider suicide in that weather.
only 68° in Miami.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 08:11:32 AM »

Breakfast finished:  biscuits, sausage and some fruit.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 08:40:37 AM »

Halfwheel Dean left one out, I am a big fan of the original Ronson Jetlites for a pocket/travel lighter

RONSON JETLITE SELECT

Back when zippo fuct up Ronson the original style became almost impossible to find
Jetlites I bought all of them I could find at that time searching all over Missouri at Walmart’s and Big Lots Stores, (only places I could find any) ended up with about 25 of them averaging about $3.50 each.  Back in the good days when we used to send “bombs” I would always pitch one in to try.  Still have a few and use them.  There are still some scattered around in Walmart’s and online.  Blue pack ones are made in China, older ones made in USA by Ronson are in yellow and red packs but I have not seen one of those in at least 10 or 12 years.  One neat thing about them is you can “hack” them and double the flame size.

This “select” appears to be a real piece of $hit.  First sign of crap is having a child proof lock, second alert is it looks like a rectal thermometer and final straw it’s proudly made in China.

https://halfwheel.com/ronson-jetlite-select/291849

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 08:48:38 AM »

I bought one of these about 3 or 4 months ago and posted it but after using it for a while it is unquestionably the best table top torch I have ever tried, also it is a “commercial use” product and has NO Child Proof Crap on it.  Holds a lot of fuel too.  Expensive ($55-65 delivered) but well worth it, that said I found one new on eBay for under $30.  Best of all they are NOT MADE IN CHINA

All STEINEL tools are made in Europe for unmatched precision and performance.

http://www.steinel.net/RelId/608019/ISvars/default/TT_175.htm

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 08:54:00 AM »

I have about 6 Jetlines, all bought from WalMart or gas stations, and the one you gifted me. all work great and cheap.

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 08:56:11 AM »

I have about 6 Jetlines, all bought from WalMart or gas stations, and the one you gifted me. all work great and cheap.
Can’t beat them for a small lighter.

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 09:04:22 AM »

I have one of these and it is neat but not “wind proof “ with more than the breeze from a ceiling fan.  Only good thing AB makes.

Wind resistant large single Bunsen burner flame style, single action ignition, easy fuel adjuster on-off controls flame size “caution extremely hot”, metal casing. Huge chrome fuel tank base. This is an Alec Bradley brand lighter.

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »

Lighter Lull or Boiler Lull?

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 09:21:14 AM »

I have one of these and it is neat but not “wind proof “ with more than the breeze from a ceiling fan.  Only good thing AB makes.

Wind resistant large single Bunsen burner flame style, single action ignition, easy fuel adjuster on-off controls flame size “caution extremely hot”, metal casing. Huge chrome fuel tank base. This is an Alec Bradley brand lighter.
I prefer the 'keep,it simple' class of lighters.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »

I have so many lighters. My favorite tabletop is the perdomo thundra and this one by xikar

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »

I think it's the executive. If it acts up I take it to Tinderbox and they hand me a new one off the shelf. Xikar has the best customer service hands down. I have returned jetline by mail and they have repaired or replaced.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4