Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 07:20:44 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning 😉. coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 07:24:49 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning . coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!
Good morning, Dean. Is that normal the day after your shots?

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 07:26:55 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning . coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!
Good morning, Dean. Is that normal the day after your shots?
I believe he's speaking euphemistically, Didn'tGetItTony.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:06 AM »

Wow, a surprise here.

From Halfwheel:

Aristocrat Humidors, one of the world’s premier cabinet humidor builders, has announced it is no longer producing humidors. A message on the company’s website explains that while the company isn’t closing, its humidor production is: We have thoroughly enjoyed creating Aristocrat Humidors for our clients over the last 25 years, ...

https://halfwheel.com/aristocrat-humidors-stops-building-humidors/291619
That's strange.

Edit: They obviously make more money selling the humidification systems. And now they can lay off the highly skilled craftsmen.
My best guess is their prices have probably put them mostly out of the market because younger folks these days have little appreciation for Hand Made in USA craftsmanship when they can get Chinese made prices.  Bob’s workmanship was second to none.

Edit:  a couple of other premium custom cabinet humidor builders have also shut down over the past few years.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:16 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning . coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!
Good morning, Dean. Is that normal the day after your shots?
it's MY normal any day I have company stay over.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:39 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning . coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!
Good morning, Dean. Is that normal the day after your shots?
I believe he's speaking euphemistically, Didn'tGetItTony.
Nah, he's old.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:48 AM »

Morning Daves, Rick, Tony, and HardTimeInBedDean.  mid 30's here, mid-50's high, but no rain.  I'll take it.

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 07:29:19 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
That's a good list. Mariano would have gotten my first ballot vote too.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »

Wow, a surprise here.

From Halfwheel:

Aristocrat Humidors, one of the world’s premier cabinet humidor builders, has announced it is no longer producing humidors. A message on the company’s website explains that while the company isn’t closing, its humidor production is: We have thoroughly enjoyed creating Aristocrat Humidors for our clients over the last 25 years, ...

https://halfwheel.com/aristocrat-humidors-stops-building-humidors/291619
That's strange.

Edit: They obviously make more money selling the humidification systems. And now they can lay off the highly skilled craftsmen.
My best guess is their prices have probably put them mostly out of the market because younger folks these days have little appreciation for Hand Made in USA craftsmanship when they can get Chinese made prices.  Bob’s workmanship was second to none.
Fewer people are willing/allowed to spend to display their evil cigars.  Cheap bastiges who store them in cooleradors don't help.   ;)

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 07:30:41 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
That's a good list. Mariano would have gotten my first ballot vote too.
+1 on Mariano

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 07:30:44 AM »

good morning Tony, Daves, and Rick. had a hard time getting out of bed this morning . coffee brewing, cigar lit.
...... and it's Golf Day!!
Good morning, Dean. Is that normal the day after your shots?
it's MY normal any day I have company stay over.
Ahhh, so Mark was right. Now I feel stupid.

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
No doubter. Best closer ever and you knew you were getting the cutter and still no one could hit it.

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 07:40:07 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
No doubter. Best closer ever and you knew you were getting the cutter and still no one could hit it.
And a BIG +:  He is a good person!

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 07:40:45 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
No doubter. Best closer ever and you knew you were getting the cutter and still no one could hit it.
Jorge Posada made the Moose so good late in his career. They were excellent teammates.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 07:41:31 AM »

Closer Mariano Rivera, designated hitter Edgar Martinez and starting pitchers Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina will be the newest members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rivera became the first player to be unanimously voted into the Hall, appearing on all 425 ballots.
No doubter. Best closer ever and you knew you were getting the cutter and still no one could hit it.
And a BIG +:  He is a good person!
About the most humble person I have ever heard speak.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7