Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Never Forget. 9/11/2014  (Read 56632 times)

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Let's turn the page.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Evening gents. Finishing the day with a big glass of ice water and a V Melanio. Hot day today.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Evening gents. Finishing the day with a big glass of ice water and a V Melanio. Hot day today.
Humid, for sure.  I smoked something on the way home from work but don't think there is another one in the cards for me tonight.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.
Could be worse, It could be under the Rocky Patel umbrella.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Evening gents. Finishing the day with a big glass of ice water and a V Melanio. Hot day today.
Humid, for sure.  I smoked something on the way home from work but don't think there is another one in the cards for me tonight.

That it is. Supposed to be nice come Sunday. Hard to believe it is already snowing in some places.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Evening gents. Finishing the day with a big glass of ice water and a V Melanio. Hot day today.
Humid, for sure.  I smoked something on the way home from work but don't think there is another one in the cards for me tonight.

That it is. Supposed to be nice come Sunday. Hard to believe it is already snowing in some places.
I'm not looking forward to the winter.  I think it's gonna be as bad as last year.  And that was rough.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.
Could be worse, It could be under the Rocky Patel umbrella.
I actually smoked a really nice RP this evening.  But trust me, I know that's not the norm.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.
Could be worse, It could be under the Rocky Patel umbrella.
I actually smoked a really nice RP this evening.  But trust me, I know that's not the norm.
About 7 years ago it was. He had a good sun grown, the Old World corojo was nice and the decade was good when it came out. Last few I purchased all had burn problems and were just a shadow of the glory days in flavor. Prefer a company concentrate on 4 or 5 blends and do them perfectly then have 25 blends and they all be less then memorable.
Logged

dogdays

  • Guest
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.
Could be worse, It could be under the Rocky Patel umbrella.
I actually smoked a really nice RP this evening.  But trust me, I know that's not the norm.
About 7 years ago it was. He had a good sun grown, the Old World corojo was nice and the decade was good when it came out. Last few I purchased all had burn problems and were just a shadow of the glory days in flavor. Prefer a company concentrate on 4 or 5 blends and do them perfectly then have 25 blends and they all be less then memorable.
Indeed.

Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Sad to see Torano bought.  Now just another CI generic...
Economies of scale.  It's like the banks.
Could be worse, It could be under the Rocky Patel umbrella.
I actually smoked a really nice RP this evening.  But trust me, I know that's not the norm.
About 7 years ago it was. He had a good sun grown, the Old World corojo was nice and the decade was good when it came out. Last few I purchased all had burn problems and were just a shadow of the glory days in flavor. Prefer a company concentrate on 4 or 5 blends and do them perfectly then have 25 blends and they all be less then memorable.
Do you remember the RP Fire lancero?  A bunch of us bought boxes of 'em for $40-60 many many years ago.  That's what I smoked earlier.  Still have a handful left.  They've definitely gotten better.
Logged

cannonfodder

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Honing a knife I just finished making and my arm is about to fall off. Should have used my diamond plate to set the bevel before moving to natural stone. Would have taken half the time. Ow well.
[...]

Cannot say I do. Only have a few lancero's in the humi. V's and Cane F limited tubo's which are very good.
Logged

dogdays

  • Guest
Re: Never Forget. 9/11/2014

Honing a knife I just finished making and my arm is about to fall off. Should have used my diamond plate to set the bevel before moving to natural stone. Would have taken half the time. Ow well.
can you post a pic of the Knife, the stuff you make is cool .
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25