CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: 9/9/2014  (Read 59337 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/9/2014
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »

Another useless meeting.  I have actual work to get done... Sheesh!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Fuck Apple in a couple more generations they will catch up with current Samsung and then still will not have decent battery life.
They were the pioneers, you have to give them that
>>>Since they want to charge me for EVERYTHING, then no, I'm not giving them anything!
Can't make a battery that lasts a full day and can't make a damn charging cable more than 2 feet long so no I can't either.
Heaven forbid you spend $3 and get a 6-10' one :) My iPhone 5s battery is at 70%+ when I leave work everyday(6a-5p)...no issues from me
Aftermarket cables are hit or miss and you have the most amazing apple battery on earth if you are using it much.  Been there had them and wife and son have them so not hear-say.  But I do like the nice metal case!
There are some really shitty ones...we have good luck from MonoPrice on their cables, but anything non certified holds a big risk. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »

Another useless meeting.  I have actual work to get done... Sheesh!
Aren't they all...fuggin meetings about meetings!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2014, 03:45:26 PM »

Fuck Apple in a couple more generations they will catch up with current Samsung and then still will not have decent battery life.
>>>Since they want to charge me for EVERYTHING, then no, I'm not giving them anything!
Can't make a battery that lasts a full day and can't make a damn charging cable more than 2 feet long so no I can't either.
Heaven forbid you spend $3 and get a 6-10' one :) My iPhone 5s battery is at 70%+ when I leave work everyday(6a-5p)...no issues from me
Aftermarket cables are hit or miss and you have the most amazing apple battery on earth if you are using it much.  Been there had them and wife and son have them so not hear-say.  But I do like the nice metal case!
There are some really shitty ones...we have good luck from MonoPrice on their cables, but anything non certified holds a big risk.
My wife has an I pone and it tells her when an aftermarket cable is attached.  something like " unrecognizable cable attached"  it will charge it, but at a slower rate.
I still have a Razor Max.  battery still lasts a whole day and I can call people. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »

My wife has an I pone and it tells her when an aftermarket cable is attached.  something like " unrecognizable cable attached"  it will charge it, but at a slower rate.
I still have a Razor Max.  battery still lasts a whole day and I can call people.
Damn, that's crazy!  I've heard of that, just never experienced it myself.  Using the 2A versus 1.1A is nice, charges the phone in like 50min versus 4hours!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »

And if I do run it down at an inopportune time, I just pop in my spare battery.
You just seeing if we're paying attention?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2014, 04:14:54 PM »

You use your phone to call people? Loser.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »

(SIGH) sad, but true.  I even talk to them if they answer.  I don't know what's wrong with me!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »

And if I do run it down at an inopportune time, I just pop in my spare battery.
You just seeing if we're paying attention?
Exactly

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »

Sure, he has to call Joe later.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2014, 04:31:15 PM »

(SIGH) sad, but true.  I even talk to them if they answer.  I don't know what's wrong with me!
Where do I begin, Sam?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »

Sure, he has to call Joe later.
PM your way.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2014, 04:56:22 PM »

Where do I begin, Sam?
reminds me of a Peanuts sketch.  Lucy & Charlie Brown are having a discussion and Charlie Brown asks Lucy what's wrong with him.  She says " ok, get a piece of paper and number it from 1 to 100...better tear it in half in case we run out of space...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »

Where do I begin, Sam?
reminds me of a Peanuts sketch.  Lucy & Charlie Brown are having a discussion and Charlie Brown asks Lucy what's wrong with him.  She says " ok, get a piece of paper and number it from 1 to 100...better tear it in half in case we run out of space...
LMAO!  Ya gotta love Charles Schulz.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »

Where do I begin, Sam?
LMAO!  Ya gotta love Charles Schulz.
+++ He daid +++ RIP  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29