CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: 9/9/2014  (Read 59342 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 9/9/2014
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:08 AM »

Morning, all.
Joe!

Morning, Ryan.  Feels like east coast weather here lately, lots of humidity.  Supposed to climb back in the 100s this weekend. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »

Hi Joe.  Staying away from the fall beers because despite football, I'm pretending it's still summer.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »

Hi Joe.  Still staying away from the fall beers because despite football, I'm pretending it's still summer.

All the liquor stores here lower prices on beers as they go 'out of season', so I've been drinking more summer stuff than anything else 'cause it's cheaper. Not like we have seasons here, anyway.  Morning, Tony.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops but also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
I think the Sam Adams Pumpkin scores high.  A little less complex than the Pumpking, but smooth creamy natural flavor (as contrasted with the many that taste like flavors were added to regular beer)
Sure don't want to further fuck up the pussy pumpkin flavor with the taste of real beer.
Pussy flavored beer?  Pairs well with tuna?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »

Morning, all.
Joe!
Welcome to Tuesday Joe!

Thanks, Shaun. Figure if there's gonna be a day or two a week to show up, one of them oughtta be a Tuesday. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »

Morning, all.

Pairs well with jelly donut holes

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »

Morning, all.
Joe!

Morning, Ryan.  Feels like east coast weather here lately, lots of humidity.  Supposed to climb back in the 100s this weekend.
Aren't you supposed to get some rain too?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »

Morning, all.

Too much tuna for me, i'll leave that to youze guyz

sfish

« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2014, 11:14:14 AM »

Morning, all.

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2014, 11:15:17 AM »

Morning, all.

Do have some Shiner Octoberfest.

sfish

« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »

Morning, all.

Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »

Morning, all.
Joe!

Aren't you supposed to get some rain too?

That's what they said but I haven't seen a drop.  Maybe more in the mountains in the northeast part of the county.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29