Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

  • Administrator
5/30/2017
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:00:47 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:56:18 AM »

Jamming Tuesday!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 04:52:29 AM »

Morning Post Holiday Slackers!

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »

Jamming Tuesday!
Probably the only item but has been up at least since 2:30.

Macanudo Cru Royale Robusto. A whopping 7% off!
5/$28.05

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 04:58:07 AM »

68 degrees and up to 88 for the afternoon.  Partly cloudy and only a 20% chance of rain.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 05:14:30 AM »

 Pain pills that smell like alcohol  :o

Tiger Woods attributed an "unexpected reaction" to prescription medicine for his arrest on a DUI charge that landed him in a Florida jail Monday for nearly four hours.

"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions," Woods said in a statement Monday evening. "I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn't realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly."

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 05:22:41 AM »

Over-Hyped Caldwell products at the Sister today.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 05:51:05 AM »

Guess I will get ready for my one-day work week.  BBL

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »

Over-Hyped Caldwell products at the Sister today.
Definitely a different strategy being employed there today.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 05:54:28 AM »

Good morning Daves. 73 heading in the 90's again. Getting my first RA injection of CIMZIA this morning at 8am so it's post and run. Sure hope it works wonders.

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »

Good morning Daves. 73 heading in the 90's again. Getting my first RA injection of CIMZIA this morning at 8am so it's post and run. Sure hope it works wonders.
Hope so too, good luck!

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 06:25:31 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean and Dave.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 06:26:15 AM »

Good morning Daves. 73 heading in the 90's again. Getting my first RA injection of CIMZIA this morning at 8am so it's post and run. Sure hope it works wonders.
Hoping it's going to give you the relief Dean.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:23 AM »

Today is Tuesday, May 30, the 150th day of 2017. There are 215 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 30, 1922, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. was dedicated in a ceremony attended by President Warren G. Harding, Chief Justice William Howard Taft and Robert Todd Lincoln.

On this date:

In 1431, Joan of Arc, condemned as a heretic, was burned at the stake in Rouen (roo-AHN'), France.

In 1536, England's King Henry VIII married his third wife, Jane Seymour, 11 days after the king's second wife, Anne Boleyn, was beheaded for treason and adultery.

In 1883, 12 people were trampled to death in a stampede sparked by a rumor that the recently opened Brooklyn Bridge was in danger of collapsing.

In 1911, the first Indy 500 took place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; the winner was Ray Harroun, who drove a Marmon Wasp for more than 6 1/2 hours at an average speed of 74.6 mph and collected a prize of $10,000.

In 1937, ten people were killed when police fired on steelworkers demonstrating near the Republic Steel plant in South Chicago.

In 1943, during World War II, American troops secured the Aleutian island of Attu from Japanese forces.

In 1958, unidentified American service members killed in World War II and the Korean War were interred in the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.

In 1966, NASA launched Surveyor 1, a probe that made a soft landing on the moon three days later. The Beatles single "Paperback Writer" was released in the United States by Capitol Records.

In 1971, the American space probe Mariner 9 blasted off from Cape Kennedy on a journey to Mars.

In 1982, Spain became NATO's 16th member.

In 1997, Jesse K. Timmendequas (tih-MEHN'-deh-kwahs) was convicted in Trenton, New Jersey, of raping and strangling a seven-year-old neighbor, Megan Kanka, whose 1994 murder inspired "Megan's Law," requiring that communities be notified when sex offenders move in. (Timmendequas received a sentence of death that was later commuted to life in prison after New Jersey abolished capital punishment.)

In 2002, a solemn, wordless ceremony marked the end of the agonizing cleanup at ground zero in New York, 8½ months after 9/11.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 06:29:04 AM »

Ten years ago: The Taliban claimed responsibility for shooting down a Chinook helicopter over southern Afghanistan, killing five U.S. soldiers, a Canadian and a Briton. Abdul Rahman Maadha al-Amry, a Saudi being held at the Guantanamo Bay prison since 2002, was found dead, an apparent suicide.

Five years ago: A gunman in Seattle fatally shot four people inside a cafe and a fifth victim in a carjacking before killing himself. The National September 11 Memorial and Museum marked the 10th anniversary of the end of cleanup operations at the site with a tribute to recovery workers and first responders. Kicking off her first trip abroad in nearly a quarter-century, Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi (ahng sahn soo chee) offered encouragement to impoverished migrants in neighboring Thailand.

One year ago: President Barack Obama challenged Americans on Memorial Day to fill the silence from those who died serving their country with love and support for families of the fallen, "not just with words but with our actions."
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10