CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: 9/1/2014  (Read 28759 times)

glassken

Re: 9/1/2014
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

5/$1 + 600% shipping Slippery Rock special lit in the pool.  Mixed cooler of beers for the afternoon.   Been cleaning out the fuk'n garage and going through old papers of my deceased parents which is slow work.
Going though my parents stuff was hard for me to do.  I ran across a document with my fathers signature on it, and I hadn't seen his signature for 35 years. Just a little melancholy...
Know what you mean he died 11 years ago next month and just now doing it and now only because we plan to sell our house in the spring and got to get the mess cleared out.  Ran across his original pilots licence issued in 1943, kind of like your signature.  Learned that he, was, a pilot for Western Union for a short while in the 40's which he never mentioned.   
That is fricken cool!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2014, 05:17:05 PM »

5/$1 + 600% shipping Slippery Rock special lit in the pool.  Mixed cooler of beers for the afternoon.   Been cleaning out the fuk'n garage and going through old papers of my deceased parents which is slow work.
Going though my parents stuff was hard for me to do.  I ran across a document with my fathers signature on it, and I hadn't seen his signature for 35 years. Just a little melancholy...
Know what you mean he died 11 years ago next month and just now doing it and now only because we plan to sell our house in the spring and got to get the mess cleared out.  Ran across his original pilots licence issued in 1943, kind of like your signature.  Learned that he, was, a pilot for Western Union for a short while in the 40's which he never mentioned.   
That is fricken cool!
Howdy Ken.  Long chain of aviator my father, brother, myself and my son are all pilots.   Only sad part is my father did not know my son is.

dogdays

« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »

That is fricken cool!
+1

JAC

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »

Drive-by howdy, all.  GH's Azteca Fuerte and AJ's (?) Signature Collection were utterly forgettable.  Now on a much better Rosalones.  Perfect draw and burn with good output but not as much flavor or strength as Antano.  Still a Joya, though.  Have good one, everybody.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »

Drive-by howdy, all.  GH's Azteca Fuerte and AJ's (?) Signature Collection were utterly forgettable.  Now on a much better Rosalones.  Perfect draw and burn with good output but not as much flavor or strength as Antano.  Still a Joya, though.  Have good one, everybody.
You don't know Jack.

dwgbryant

« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2014, 06:56:23 PM »

GR Special and coffee:
The GR Specials Black Label Gran Robusto is 6x54 and was blended by Guillermo Rico to remind himself of the the cigars that made in Cuba long ago. This blend combines Nicaraguan and Mexican filler tobaccos with a Honduran binder leaf. The wrapper is a Nicaraguan grown Corojo. The blend has a mellow wonderful taste with hints of almonds and cedar. It is a full bodied blend.medium bodied.

glassken

« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »

You don't know Jack.
Gran Habano Azteca are good. The Fuerte are not. The latter is a CI exclusive. Surprise, surprise!

dwgbryant

« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »

howdy Ken.

glassken

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »

howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. All of a sudden I'm thirsty. For milk.

dwgbryant

« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »

howdy Ken.
Howdy, Dean. All of a sudden I'm thirsty. For milk.
ha. I wish she was here with me too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »

You don't know Jack.
Nope

dwgbryant

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »

You don't know Jack.
Nope
I know jack shit.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »

Hell of a 1-Day deal on Nica Libres at CI if you can handle 6x60's.   15/$35 with FREESH48 FS.

dwgbryant

« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »

Hell of a 1-Day deal on Nica Libres at CI if you can handle 6x60's.   15/$35 with FREESH48 FS.
I almost hit them until I saw the size.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »

I almost hit them until I saw the size.
Not my favorite size but I don't mind big cigars at all so jumped right on that one.  Nica Libres require several months rest to be good though and I know you are not a fan of aging.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13