CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 31, 2014, 12:00:01 AM

Title: 8/31/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on August 31, 2014, 12:00:01 AM
What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Join in this cigar talk with the rest of us and learn something along the way.  Be warned, you will catch hell if you post something everyone doesn't agree with.  And heaven forbid if you should make a grammatical error, you'll be berated with GFYs!  So don't have thin skin and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
Sweet Sunday jam!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: glassken on August 31, 2014, 12:34:34 AM
Sweet Sunday jam!
Nice. Howdy, Tony?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on August 31, 2014, 12:51:56 AM
Good morning everyone!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 12:57:24 AM
Good morning, Ken and Bob.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 01:09:07 AM
2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 01:09:23 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: glassken on August 31, 2014, 01:28:05 AM
Good morning, Ken and Bob.
BIL. We Have Extra rooms, and he goes to sleep on the couch. I am about to wake him up. This is my house, not his sisters house!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 01:31:02 AM
3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 01:32:41 AM
4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: glassken on August 31, 2014, 01:36:16 AM
Good morning, Ken and Bob.
Morning, Tony. Was thinking about Sly. certain people wake you up, and teach you. Some people are just smart as shit, and you learn from them. You are smart, but of course you know this. Sly, is smart.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:09:52 AM
Today is Sunday, August 31, the 243rd day of 2014. There are 122 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:10:27 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On August 31, 1954, Hurricane Carol hit the northeastern Atlantic states; Connecticut, Rhode Island and part of Massachusetts bore the brunt of the storm, which resulted in some 70 deaths.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:11:16 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:11:43 AM
In 1886, an earthquake with an estimated magnitude of 7.3 devastated Charleston, South Carolina, killing at least 60 people, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:12:08 AM
In 1888, Mary Ann Nichols, apparently the first victim of "Jack the Ripper," was found slain in London's East End.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:12:41 AM
In 1934, the first Chicago Charities College All-Star Game took place at Soldier Field as a team of graduated All-American players from the previous season played the NFL champion Chicago Bears to a scoreless tie.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:14:39 AM
In 1941, the radio program "The Great Gildersleeve," a spinoff from "Fibber McGee and Molly" starring Harold Peary, debuted on NBC.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:15:05 AM
In 1962, the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago became independent of British colonial rule.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:15:34 AM
In 1972, at the Munich Summer Olympics, American swimmer Mark Spitz won his fourth and fifth gold medals in the 100-meter butterfly and 800-meter freestyle relay; Soviet gymnast Olga Korbut won gold medals in floor exercise and the balance beam.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:16:08 AM
In 1980, Poland's Solidarity labor movement was born with an agreement signed in Gdansk (guh-DANSK') that ended a 17-day-old strike.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:16:35 AM
In 1986, 82 people were killed when an Aeromexico jetliner and a small private plane collided over Cerritos, California. The Soviet passenger ship Admiral Nakhimov collided with a merchant vessel in the Black Sea, causing both to sink; up to 448 people reportedly died.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:17:22 AM
In 1988, 14 people were killed when a Delta Boeing 727 crashed during takeoff from Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:17:46 AM
In 1989, Britain's Princess Anne and her husband, Capt. Mark Phillips, announced they were separating after 15 years of marriage.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:18:16 AM
In 1994, the Irish Republican Army declared a cease-fire. Russia officially ended its military presence in the former East Germany and the Baltics after half a century.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:18:55 AM
In 1997, Prince Charles brought Princess Diana home for the last time, escorting the body of his former wife to a Britain that was shocked, grief-stricken and angered by her death in a Paris traffic accident hours earlier.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:19:22 AM
Ten years ago: At the Republican National Convention in New York, First Lady Laura Bush and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger praised President George W. Bush as a man of strength and compassion. Palestinian suicide bombers blew up two buses in Beersheba, Israel, killing 16 passengers. A woman strapped with explosives blew herself up outside a busy Moscow subway station, killing 10 people.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:19:49 AM
Five years ago: Extremely dangerous and strengthening Hurricane Jimena roared toward Mexico's resort-studded Baja California Peninsula. Walt Disney Co. announced it was acquiring comic book giant Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:20:14 AM
One year ago: Short of support at home and allies abroad, President Barack Obama stepped back from a missile strike against Syria and instead asked Congress to support a strike against President Bashar Assad's regime for suspected use of chemical weapons. British television interviewer David Frost, 74, died aboard a cruise ship bound for the Mediterranean.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:20:55 AM
Today's Birthdays: Japanese monster movie actor Katsumi Tezuka is 102. Baseball Hall-of-Famer Frank Robinson is 79. Actor Warren Berlinger is 77. Rock musician Jerry Allison (Buddy Holly and the Crickets) is 75. Actor Jack Thompson is 74. Violinist Itzhak Perlman is 69. Singer Van Morrison is 69. Rock musician Rudolf Schenker (The Scorpions) is 66. Actor Richard Gere is 65. Olympic gold medal track and field athlete Edwin Moses is 59. Rock singer Glenn Tilbrook (Squeeze) is 57. Rock musician Gina Schock (The Go-Go's) is 57. Singer Tony DeFranco (The DeFranco Family) is 55. Rhythm-and-blues musician Larry Waddell (Mint Condition) is 51. Actor Jaime P. Gomez is 49. Baseball pitcher Hideo Nomo is 46. Rock musician Jeff Russo (Tonic) is 45. Singer-composer Deborah Gibson is 44. Rock musician Greg Richling (Wallflowers) is 44. Actor Zack Ward is 44. Golfer Padraig Harrington is 43. Actor Chris Tucker is 42. Actress Sara Ramirez is 39. Rhythm-and-blues singer Tamara (Trina & Tamara) is 37.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:21:29 AM
Thought for Today: "Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." — William Saroyan, American author and playwright (born this date in 1908, died 1981).

Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:22:40 AM
Five Horses Is Her Name
-------------------------

A man asked an American Indian what was his wife's name.

He replied, "She is called Five Horses".

The man said, "That's an unusual name for a wife.What does it mean?"

The Old Indian answered,"It is an old Indian name. It means ...."

"NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG!"
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 02:46:43 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 03:49:09 AM
5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 04:51:24 AM
6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 05:15:31 AM
Morning Chip.  Time to pick up the pieces and work on the rest of the season...
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 05:17:00 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 05:29:41 AM
Morning Chip.  Time to pick up the pieces and work on the rest of the season...
Sorry Dave, not away you wanted the season to start. Honestly, none of the ranked teams played up to their rankings, lots of close games with some untangled teams.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 05:30:03 AM
Morning Chip.  Time to pick up the pieces and work on the rest of the season...
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 05:30:58 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
I woke up just in time to catch the last couple of minutes of the game, their fans looked really stunned at the end.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 05:46:40 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 05:56:13 AM
7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No. 58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 05:56:49 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Good morning Dean, we had the same crap all day yesterday.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 06:02:09 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Good morning Dean, we had the same crap all day yesterday.
---- figured you and Ken sent it my way as a welcoming gift. ha.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 06:18:04 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Good morning Dean, we had the same crap all day yesterday.
---- figured you and Ken sent it my way as a welcoming gift. ha.
You just as soon get used to the rain living down here, it just seems like it will never end this year.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 06:22:21 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Can't have Florida without those lovely thunderstorms and downpours!  Good thing you have a nice awning.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 06:28:50 AM
The boy, DIL and Grand-dog heading back to Georgia this morning.  Already very quiet around here.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 06:31:31 AM
The boy, DIL and Grand-dog heading back to Georgia this morning.  Already very quiet around here.
Family is great but so is peace and quiet.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 07:03:00 AM
Trying a Senorial by Jose Blanco.  Not bad but nowhere near a C y B like I had hoped.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:04:00 AM
Morning LSU, Travellin Dave and Florida Dean.  Sunday Jam that was as a surprise.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:04:36 AM
The boy, DIL and Grand-dog heading back to Georgia this morning.  Already very quiet around here.
Family is great but so is peace and quiet.
+1
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:05:35 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. nice thunderstorm here last night.
Can't have Florida without those lovely thunderstorms and downpours!  Good thing you have a nice awning.
And it beats the living hell out of snow!!!!!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:11:39 AM
Morning Chip.  Time to pick up the pieces and work on the rest of the season...
I went to sleep about 5 minutes into our 2nd half telling myself it was going to be a long season they were so bad it was pathetic.  Could not believe when I woke up and saw the final score they got out alive.  While I admire both your Tigers and ours for not starting off with pansy teams like most big programs did, it does come with a risk.  We do have a couple of light weeks ahead now.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:14:14 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
I woke up just in time to catch the last couple of minutes of the game, their fans looked really stunned at the end.
I work with one of them and I am much happier he will be stunned than me.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 07:32:48 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
I woke up just in time to catch the last couple of minutes of the game, their fans looked really stunned at the end.
I work with one of them and I am much happier he will be stunned than me.
Crow never tastes good during football season.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 07:32:58 AM
 8 Don Pepin Garcia Legado de Pepin Toro
         10/37.50
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No. 58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 07:33:39 AM
Morning LSU, Travellin Dave and Florida Dean.  Sunday Jam that was as a surprise.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:50:00 AM
Morning LSU, Travellin Dave and Florida Dean.  Sunday Jam that was as a surprise.
Good morning Native.
morning Chip work quiet this morning?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 07:51:32 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
I woke up just in time to catch the last couple of minutes of the game, their fans looked really stunned at the end.
I work with one of them and I am much happier he will be stunned than me.
Crow never tastes good during football season.
No but you just learn to put some ketchup on it and swallow hoping for next year.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 07:58:02 AM
morning NJ and Tx Dave. don't mind the storms at all, was neat to watch and listen to.
coffee and raspberry danish here. tried to find and early meeting but counldn't find the streets, so breakfast instead.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 07:59:12 AM
Morning LSU, Travellin Dave and Florida Dean.  Sunday Jam that was as a surprise.
Good morning Native.
morning Chip work quiet this morning?
So far so good, the first day of football should keep many in their bars this morning.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 08:04:58 AM
morning NJ and Tx Dave. don't mind the storms at all, was neat to watch and listen to.
coffee and raspberry danish here. tried to find and early meeting but counldn't find the streets, so breakfast instead.
Quiet coffee morning is always nice doing the same here.  I am sure you will find a good meeting group and location very soon.  Just more hot and dry here but the evenings are a little cooler now at least.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 08:09:38 AM
LSU managed one heck of a comeback.
I woke up just in time to catch the last couple of minutes of the game, their fans looked really stunned at the end.
I work with one of them and I am much happier he will be stunned than me.
Crow never tastes good during football season.
The damn Longhorns are certainly full of shit this morning after beating a minor league team with an athletic budget totaling about what they paid Mac Brown yearly.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 08:21:06 AM
If Catsrule is still good and Lori does not try to screw you over there is a pretty good Nica Rustica deal mashing.  25/$125 less 17% and FS.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 08:22:54 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 08:44:49 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Surely there is one in Crystal River.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 08:45:37 AM
 9 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/29.50
 8 Don Pepin Garcia Legado de Pepin Toro
         10/37.50
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No. 58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 08:49:23 AM
breakfast complete.
cigar time.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 08:51:53 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Surely there is one in Crystal River.
Dunnellon and Homosata. both about 1/2-3/4 hour away. I'm on it.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 08:52:53 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Surely there is one in Crystal River.
Dunnellon and Homosata. both about 1/2-3/4 hour away. I'm on it.
Good that you're getting settled into the 'hood.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 08:53:51 AM
Bit of a longer trip, but plan on a trip to Corona store in Orlando.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 09:11:25 AM
10 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 9 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/29.50
 8 Don Pepin Garcia Legado de Pepin Toro
         10/37.50
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No. 58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 09:33:12 AM
Bit of a longer trip, but plan on a trip to Corona store in Orlando.
+ 1  definitely worth the trip
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 09:36:03 AM
Breakfast done here too, Spinach, ham, cheese and hatch green chili omeletss with toast and fresh fruits.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 09:37:27 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Surely there is one in Crystal River.
Dunnellon and Homosata. both about 1/2-3/4 hour away. I'm on it.
Good that you're getting settled into the 'hood.
You Travellin this week Dave?  San Antonio again for me this week and next week.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 09:42:49 AM
breakfast complete.
cigar time.
What's on the activities menu today besides grilling burgers?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 09:56:20 AM
breakfast complete.
cigar time.
What's on the activities menu today besides grilling burgers?
a swim or two. try to find that meeting for tonight, and may chase a cigar shop. depends on holiday traffic. or may just sit on my ass and read.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 10:00:10 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 10:03:35 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
morning Tony. if I travel it will be close to home.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 10:03:52 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
Morning Tony.  No travel for me beyond my own back yard unless I make a very short run to the neighborhood Chinese restaurant for lunch but that is not very likely.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 10:05:07 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
morning Tony. if I travel it will be close to home.
Yep give the Holidays to the fuk'n tourists and enjoy the rest of the year.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 10:06:02 AM
breakfast complete.
cigar time.
What's on the activities menu today besides grilling burgers?
a swim or two. try to find that meeting for tonight, and may chase a cigar shop. depends on holiday traffic. or may just sit on my ass and read.
All good choices with plan B alternatives.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 10:06:42 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
morning Tony. if I travel it will be close to home.
Check your PMs, Deano.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
Morning Tony.  No travel for me beyond my own back yard unless I make a very short run to the neighborhood Chinese restaurant for lunch but that is not very likely.
Ha.  I meant ship or plane.  Doesn't seem to be a good day for those.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 10:11:51 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
Morning Tony.  No travel for me beyond my own back yard unless I make a very short run to the neighborhood Chinese restaurant for lunch but that is not very likely.
Ha.  I meant ship or plane.  Doesn't seem to be a good day for those.
No such thing as a good day for those unless a private jet or yacht!!!  All Commercial travel options are a Holy Nightmare now days and get worse every day!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 10:12:04 AM
Anyone travelling today?  Doesn't look seen like a good day to do so according to Chip's today in history.  Good morning, gents.
morning Tony. if I travel it will be close to home.
Check your PMs, Deano.
replied Tony. I'll ask around. only about 6 campers here not counting maintenance staff.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 10:14:23 AM
Time to walk the dogs and do a few home improvement activities.  Later on folks enjoy your mornings.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 10:19:46 AM
Time to walk the dogs and do a few home improvement activities.  Later on folks enjoy your mornings.
I'm right behind ya, Dave.  Family is waiting.  See yuz later.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 10:29:17 AM
Time to walk the dogs and do a few home improvement activities.  Later on folks enjoy your mornings.
I'm right behind ya, Dave.  Family is waiting.  See yuz later.
think I'll head for the pool.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 11:11:40 AM
12 Carlos Torano Loyal torpedo
         10/29.50
11 Isla del Sol by Drew Estate Churchill
         5/17.00
10 Room 101 305 Robusto
         10/34.99
 9 Montecristo Classic Churchill
          5/29.50
 8 Don Pepin Garcia Legado de Pepin Toro
         10/37.50
 7 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No. 58 Gordo
          5/22.50
 6 Man O' War Virtue Salomon
         10/37.50
 5 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto
         10/29.50
 3 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito
          5/25.00
 2 CAO Brazilia Gol
         10/38.99
 1 Tatuaje Miami
          5/32.50
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 11:28:39 AM
my cigar order better get here soon. down to my last 3. going to have to find a shop down here.Flor de Selva after breakfast.
Surely there is one in Crystal River.
Dunnellon and Homosata. both about 1/2-3/4 hour away. I'm on it.

Good that you're getting settled into the 'hood.
You Travellin this week Dave?  San Antonio again for me this week and next week.
Nope, home again.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 12:09:58 PM
13 Gurkha Centurian Double Torpedo
         12/39.99
[...]
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 31, 2014, 12:10:48 PM
Friends house for a picnic and swim this afternoon, cigars this evening.  Looking forward to it.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 12:27:59 PM
Friends house for a picnic and swim this afternoon, cigars this evening.  Looking forward to it.
Enjoy!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 01:24:43 PM
Friends house for a picnic and swim this afternoon, cigars this evening.  Looking forward to it.
Enjoy!
+1 sounds nice.  About the same here but at my own house.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 01:32:37 PM
14 Man O' War L.E. Orange County Choppers Toro
          5/27.50
[...]
Post by: dogdays on August 31, 2014, 01:50:59 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 03:15:24 PM
15 Don Pepin Garcia My Father & Friends Sampler III
     The Don Pepin Garcia My Father & Friends Sampler II includes:
1 - My Father Robusto (5.25" x 52)
1 - My Father Le Biou Petite Robusto (4.5" x 50)
1 - Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto (5.25" x 52)
1 - Flor de las Antillas Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Duena Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Reloba Sumatra Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Reloba Habano Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Tabacos Baez SF Robusto (5" x 50)
          1/34.99
[...]
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 03:16:05 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
My pleasure Steve.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 03:21:41 PM
16 Oliva Serie 'V' Double Robusto Tubo
          5/29.50
[...]
Post by: Oyam18 on August 31, 2014, 03:42:22 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
.....indeed! We take it for granted sometimes, but thank you Chip.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 03:49:09 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
.....indeed! We take it for granted sometimes, but thank you Chip.
My pleasure, it helps pass the time at work some days.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on August 31, 2014, 04:10:20 PM
17 5 Vegas Triple-A Torpedo
         10/32.50
[...]
Post by: glassken on August 31, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
.....indeed! We take it for granted sometimes, but thank you Chip.
My pleasure, it helps pass the time at work some days.
Yes, thanks Chip!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 04:48:56 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
.....indeed! We take it for granted sometimes, but thank you Chip.
+1
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 31, 2014, 04:51:29 PM
Serie R  Black lit cold Rounder to sip in the pool.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 31, 2014, 05:33:42 PM
Thanks for the recaps Chip, and I like the bold print.
.....indeed! We take it for granted sometimes, but thank you Chip.
My pleasure, it helps pass the time at work some days.
Yes, thanks Chip!
Hey ken what's up?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: tcarblu on August 31, 2014, 06:31:05 PM
Slippery Rock Cigar has 20% off all weekend (ROCKIN).  Just picked up a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro for $120.80 delivered. The Cameroon wrapper is about $10 less. Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor day holiday.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: tcarblu on August 31, 2014, 06:33:58 PM
https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/arturo-fuente-signature-maduro-cigars.html
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: tcarblu on August 31, 2014, 06:35:52 PM
https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/arturo-fuente-signature-maduro-cigars.html
Whoops. I must have bought the last box of these. Now showing out of stock.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: sfish on August 31, 2014, 06:46:50 PM
My first La Antiquedad with a Southern Tier Mokah, great combo and the cigar is really good. It has enough strength where the beer compliments it and doesn't dominate
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 06:55:47 PM
My first La Antiquedad with a Southern Tier Mokah, great combo and the cigar is really good. It has enough strength where the beer compliments it and doesn't dominate
Almost bought some of that Mokah.  Haven't had the Lagunita's coffee one I bought yet.  Maybe I'll drink that later this evening.  Howdy, Scott.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 06:56:48 PM
Slippery Rock Cigar has 20% off all weekend (ROCKIN).  Just picked up a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro for $120.80 delivered. The Cameroon wrapper is about $10 less. Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor day holiday.
I got that text too.  Didn't do anything with it though.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 07:24:46 PM
1/2 sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 07:26:30 PM
1/2 sheesh.
Let's make that a full sheesh because now the Acids are up.  Didn't we have a full day of these turds, just yesterday?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
I almost prefer the Acids to these PDRs.  Ok, well it's been fun.  Check back later at the flip.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dogdays on August 31, 2014, 08:24:24 PM
I almost prefer the Acids to these PDRs.  Ok, well it's been fun.  Check back later at the flip.
later Tony .
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:27:34 PM
Good evening monkey butts....!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:30:03 PM
1/2 sheesh.
Let's make that a full sheesh because now the Acids are up.  Didn't we have a full day of these turds, just yesterday?
Put me down as a Kuba Kuba Maduro fan...   :)
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:35:27 PM
Tonight I will be celebrating the holiday weekend with my Drug Store Pipe, and my Drug Store Tobaccy....!  And of course allot of Evan Williams Whiskey.... Yee haw...!!!
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 09:40:55 PM
1/2 sheesh.
Let's make that a full sheesh because now the Acids are up.  Didn't we have a full day of these turds, just yesterday?
Put me down as a Kuba Kuba Maduro fan...   :)
I don't judge.  But I would have preferred if you'd admitted to baby seal hunting.  Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:50:59 PM
Well, it's back to tv....
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 09:53:01 PM
now I feel better after getting a meeting under my belt. no cigar tonight, seems like EVERY biting bug in the county is out after the rain storm we had.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:53:47 PM
1/2 sheesh.
Let's make that a full sheesh because now the Acids are up.  Didn't we have a full day of these turds, just yesterday?
Put me down as a Kuba Kuba Maduro fan...   :)
I don't judge.  But I would have preferred if you'd admitted to baby seal hunting.  Just sayin'.
Good evening Tony.....  The only thing I've been hunting are moles in the backyard.... ugh..!!!  I'm thinking about pouring a bottle of glue down it's hole...
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 09:58:33 PM
now I feel better after getting a meeting under my belt. no cigar tonight, seems like EVERY biting bug in the county is out after the rain storm we had.
On Naked and Afraid, they start a campfire and the smoke clears those pesky bugs away.  First you need a survival fire starter, a dried up birds nest, and some twigs.  Oh yeal, and you have to be naked for some reason...?
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 10:04:47 PM
now I feel better after getting a meeting under my belt. no cigar tonight, seems like EVERY biting bug in the county is out after the rain storm we had.
On Naked and Afraid, they start a campfire and the smoke clears those pesky bugs away.  First you need a survival fire starter, a dried up birds nest, and some twigs.  Oh yeal, and you have to be naked for some reason...?
no thanks, there are places I don't want bugs on. lol.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 10:09:10 PM
now I feel better after getting a meeting under my belt. no cigar tonight, seems like EVERY biting bug in the county is out after the rain storm we had.
On Naked and Afraid, they start a campfire and the smoke clears those pesky bugs away.  First you need a survival fire starter, a dried up birds nest, and some twigs.  Oh yeal, and you have to be naked for some reason...?
no thanks, there are places I don't want bugs on. lol.
Do you think tiki torches with citronella oil would work.  It works great for us to keep mosquitos away.  And Yard Guard worked pretty good too.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on August 31, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
I'm going to crash guys. gnite. my post button disappeared.
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on August 31, 2014, 10:11:57 PM
I'm going to crash guys. gnite. my post button disappeared.
Good night Dean... I'm going to take a break too....
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: sfish on August 31, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
My first La Antiquedad with a Southern Tier Mokah, great combo and the cigar is really good. It has enough strength where the beer compliments it and doesn't dominate
Almost bought some of that Mokah.  Haven't had the Lagunita's coffee one I bought yet.  Maybe I'll drink that later this evening.  Howdy, Scott.
Sorry Tony didn't mean to make that a one and run post but dinner came up fast. The Mokah seems to be a better beer with cigars than the Chokolat IMO due to the less dominating flavor, absolutely worth a try. The La Antiquedad was excellent, much more to offer than the FdlA for me, stood up to a strong beer well, definitely looking to buy some
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 11:33:42 PM
My first La Antiquedad with a Southern Tier Mokah, great combo and the cigar is really good. It has enough strength where the beer compliments it and doesn't dominate
Almost bought some of that Mokah.  Haven't had the Lagunita's coffee one I bought yet.  Maybe I'll drink that later this evening.  Howdy, Scott.
Sorry Tony didn't mean to make that a one and run post but dinner came up fast. The Mokah seems to be a better beer with cigars than the Chokolat IMO due to the less dominating flavor, absolutely worth a try. The La Antiquedad was excellent, much more to offer than the FdlA for me, stood up to a strong beer well, definitely looking to buy some
Don't sweat it, brother.  I wound up having the Lagunita's Cappuccino Stout and was a bit disappointed.  It was a good stout and definitely high in alcohol, but I tasted no coffee (or very little).
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: sfish on August 31, 2014, 11:39:01 PM
My first La Antiquedad with a Southern Tier Mokah, great combo and the cigar is really good. It has enough strength where the beer compliments it and doesn't dominate
Almost bought some of that Mokah.  Haven't had the Lagunita's coffee one I bought yet.  Maybe I'll drink that later this evening.  Howdy, Scott.
Sorry Tony didn't mean to make that a one and run post but dinner came up fast. The Mokah seems to be a better beer with cigars than the Chokolat IMO due to the less dominating flavor, absolutely worth a try. The La Antiquedad was excellent, much more to offer than the FdlA for me, stood up to a strong beer well, definitely looking to buy some
Don't sweat it, brother.  I wound up having the Lagunita's Cappuccino Stout and was a bit disappointed.  It was a good stout and definitely high in alcohol, but I tasted no coffee (or very little).
Yeah that one's pretty pedestrian, try the Mokah and you won't be disappointed. I had it once and thought the flavors fought each other but tried it again tonight and I'd put it right there with the Chok
Title: Re: 8/31/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 31, 2014, 11:46:21 PM
[...]
Whoa!  Those are some strong words.