CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 1/15/2020  (Read 4857 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/15/2020
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »

for those that give a shit.
Here’s The Cigar The 2020 Championship LSU Tigers Smoked to Celebrate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/gclaywhittaker/2020/01/14/heres-the-cigar-the-2020-championship-lsu-tigers-smoked-to-celebrate/amp/
The mailman's son, nice!
Indeed.  Rum barrel aged tobacco, a little infusion for the younguns taste.
Actually sounds like an interesting cigar. Now I want one.

Good morning, Mark.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2020, 11:47:39 AM »

Morning Daves, Tony, Rick, and DufferDean.  Alternating snow and sun out here in Leftyville yesterday, but just wind and rain in the forecast today.
Good morning Mr Bean. Last nice day then winter returns. Can't complain.

Threebean

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/gclaywhittaker/2020/01/14/heres-the-cigar-the-2020-championship-lsu-tigers-smoked-to-celebrate/amp/
The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.
In the meantime you could hit the CI Legends Drew Estate Copper Label currently up on the jam. 

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2020, 12:49:11 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.
In the meantime you could hit the CI Legends Drew Estate Copper Label currently up on the jam.
Or you could pick up the many options available in pipe tobacco. They have been infusing tobacco and liquor since pirates roamed the seas.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2020, 12:56:07 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.
Or you could pick up the many options available in pipe tobacco. They have been infusing tobacco and liquor since pirates roamed the seas.
Cornell and Diehl has some good one. Speakeasy is one that comes to mind. Anything called navy blend has liquor as a top note. Some are actually complimentary and not overwhelming.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2020, 01:03:44 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.
I've heard those were decent. Can't recall if I've ever smoked one myself.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.
Cornell and Diehl has some good one. Speakeasy is one that comes to mind. Anything called navy blend has liquor as a top note. Some are actually complimentary and not overwhelming.

That's interesting. I have some Navy Flake by ?? (I'll have to get back to you on that). Does the same apply?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2020, 01:14:40 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.

That's interesting. I have some Navy Flake by ?? (I'll have to get back to you on that). Does the same apply?
A quick Google search shows 2 companies that make something called Navy Flake, Macbaren and Peter Stokkebye. The first is infused with rum, the second is not.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2020, 01:20:36 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.

A quick Google search shows 2 companies that make something called Navy Flake, Macbaren and Peter Stokkebye. The first is infused with rum, the second is not.

It was actually Samuel Gawith's Navy Flake but it turns out I don't own any of it.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2020, 01:26:30 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.

Some are not always listed in the ingredients. It's usually those in the know. Many blenders use liquor in their tobacco. Jeremy Reeves has discussed this in extent. If your interested I could look later for some form of reference. It enhances the flavor of the tobacco and not always meant to be the primary taste.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2020, 01:37:11 PM »

Mail call - Cain Daytonas, with freebies.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.

It was actually Samuel Gawith's Navy Flake but it turns out I don't own any of it.
Shows what both of us know, I guess.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2020, 01:47:20 PM »

Are you going to hang that sign up out front?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

Are you going to hang that sign up out front?
Thinking of getting a string and hanging it around my neck, almost like a sandwich board.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2020, 01:48:23 PM »

The mailman's son, nice!

Good morning, Mark.

Shows what both of us know, I guess.
Apparently Google doesn't know shit about pipe tobacco either.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5