Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2022, 10:52:50 AM »

Onward to page 3

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »

Second day of ACC rowing championships here today so Figment and I took a walk out to see.
Very cool but strange time of year to do it considering end of academic year.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2022, 12:01:40 PM »

How did you do?
12-over 83. Which I'm pleased with, since I'm a damn mess off the tee suddenly. My driver had been misbehaving lately.
I'm so impressed. You are pretty consistent. You make me want to play again. Getting a tee time where I live is near impossible. We used to drive out to the Poconos because it was easier.
Definitely consistent. I should be shooting lower, but I spend half my time in the damn trees. If I get the driver figured out even a little, I'll be looking to break 80 on a regular basis, which was my goal for the year.

Hell, one of the easiest par 4's on the course, I lost one right and made a triple. Make the par there, which I usually do, and I'm right at 80.

As for getting a tee time, there are a lot of courses in the area, so luckily, that's not usually an issue, as long as I'm planning in advance.
Maybe you should buy one of Dean's new clubs.
I need a good range session. To paraphrase Ben Hogan, I just need to dig it out of the dirt.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2022, 12:02:14 PM »

Over/Under for today is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13
7

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2022, 12:27:07 PM »

[...]

Sand wedge?

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2022, 12:29:01 PM »

Over/Under for today is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13
Six.

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2022, 12:53:47 PM »

Second day of ACC rowing championships here today so Figment and I took a walk out to see.
Very cool but strange time of year to do it considering end of academic year.
Spring college sports go on for another month or so.  Announce rowing teams for NCAA's on Sunday, along with girls softball post season.   Boys regular season hasn't ended yet.

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2022, 12:55:11 PM »

Second day of ACC rowing championships here today so Figment and I took a walk out to see.
Very cool but strange time of year to do it considering end of academic year.
Spring college sports go on for another month or so.  Announce rowing teams for NCAA's on Sunday, along with girls softball post season.   Boys regular season hasn't ended yet.
Lacrosse boys ends Memorial Day weekend.

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2022, 01:16:32 PM »

Second day of ACC rowing championships here today so Figment and I took a walk out to see.
Very cool but strange time of year to do it considering end of academic year.
Spring college sports go on for another month or so.  Announce rowing teams for NCAA's on Sunday, along with girls softball post season.   Boys regular season hasn't ended yet.
Lacrosse boys ends Memorial Day weekend.
That is interesting. I assumed everyone had to be out of the dorms by commencement.

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2022, 02:11:18 PM »

And here I am.  Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2022, 02:21:03 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Photo-realist artist Richard Estes is 90.
Actor Dame Sian Phillips is 89.
Former Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., is 80.
Movie producer George Lucas is 78.
Guitarist Gene Cornish is 78.
Actor Meg Foster is 74.
Movie director Robert Zemeckis is 71.
Rock singer David Byrne is 70.
Actor Tim Roth is 61.

Rock singer Ian Astbury (The Cult) is 60.
Rock musician C.C. (aka Cecil) DeVille is 60.
Actor Danny Huston is 60.
Rock musician Mike Inez (Alice In Chains) is 56.

Fabrice Morvan (ex-Milli Vanilli) is 56.
 R&B singer Raphael Saadiq is 56.
Actor Cate Blanchett is 53.
Singer Danny Wood (New Kids on the Block) is 53.
Movie writer-director Sofia Coppola (KOH’-pah-lah) is 51.
Former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is 50.
Actor Gabriel Mann is 50.
Singer Natalie Appleton (All Saints) is 49.
Singer Shanice is 49.
Actor Carla Jimenez is 48.
Rock musician Henry Garza (Los Lonely Boys) is 44.
Alt-country musician-singer Ketch Secor is 44.
Rock singer-musician Dan Auerbach is 43.
Rock musician Mike Retondo (Plain White T’s) is 41.
Actor Amber Tamblyn is 39.
Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg is 38.
Actor Lina Esco is 37.
NFL player Rob Gronkowski is 33.
Actor Miranda Cosgrove is 29.

I'm out-performing today.  Fifteen.

If I know their work but couldn't pick them out of a lineup, they're in blue.

I've exchanged correspondence with Dan Auerbach a couple of times.  There's a musicians' group on the web we're both part of.

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2022, 02:27:45 PM »

[...]

It's a way of saying I need to work on my swing at the range, instead of on the course.

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2022, 02:28:39 PM »

Wordle 329 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2022, 02:39:54 PM »

Wordle 329 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Also 3 for me today. Wife took 4.

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Wordle 329 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Also 3 for me today. Wife took 4.
Do you always start with the same word, or do you switch out?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5