Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2024, 12:08:57 PM »

Tone, do you understand now why I saw the spangram first yesterday?
It spoke to you.
I have a hypothesis that in most word games, the words that mean the most to you somehow are going to stand out, whether in your recall or jumbled in front of your eyes.

When I'm playing Strands, I approach it almost like those holographic pictures where you have to focus beyond the surface of the page to see the hidden image. I'm not focusing on the letters, I'm letting groups of them grab my attention. And what I've found is that words that are most-often in my thoughts pop out first. So, obviously, words related to music are going to pop, because that's where my head is a lot of the time.

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2024, 12:14:25 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Only six, and one of those is shaky. I couldn't pull her face to mind clearly, but I knew Lisa Dean Ryan played Wanda on "Doogie Howser" because my wife loved that show. (roll eyes). I'm counting it.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2024, 12:44:45 PM »

Almost lost another one...

Wordle 1,046 6/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 12:48:37 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 7
Only six, and one of those is shaky. I couldn't pull her face to mind clearly, but I knew Lisa Dean Ryan played Wanda on "Doogie Howser" because my wife loved that show. (roll eyes). I'm counting it.
I would count it, too. There are likely distant relatives of hers that would not have been able to pull it off.

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 12:56:22 PM »

Page 3!

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2024, 12:57:10 PM »

Only four today but quality not quantity, right?

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2024, 01:00:28 PM »

Strands #58
“Pour it on”
🔵🟡🔵🔵
🔵🔵🔵
I'm struggling with this one. Haven't found any words yet. I can't believe RAZMATAZ is a word, but wasn't an answer.

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2024, 01:03:32 PM »

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2024, 01:13:53 PM »

Algorithm must have me on a music rif.....
I guess a little safer than the womens underwear one...

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2024, 01:14:26 PM »

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2024, 01:26:20 PM »

Streak at 250

Wordle 1,046 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2024, 02:20:23 PM »

Interesting lists.  Lets see where Razberry weighs in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/12-of-the-best-rock-and-metal-instrumental-albums-of-all-time-ranked/ss-BB1iZ9rO?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=a728baac1a7f4633e24c3575614230b0&ei=56

...I only know Frank Zappa.... :o
Well, the moment you combine rock and metal into a single list, it becomes a contrived crapshoot. I'm familiar with most of these albums, and they are good albums. But the list is clearly assembled by a metal fan who wanted to also include his few favorite rock albums.

Special call-out toward the Guthrie Govan album. That guy's a monster player.

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2024, 02:36:37 PM »

I like this list much better...know and like all but 2.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/11-best-prog-rock-tracks-to-test-your-hi-fi-system/ar-BB1hYFxc?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=6cd5be4c9b224a3890157f6a71b3a76c&ei=75
I'd submit that "Dust in the Wind" is not really prog, and "Red Rain" is a severe stretch.

Just because an artist is or has done prog doesn't make any particular song they did progressive. That would be a Genetic Fallacy.

"Dust" may have an incidentally Baroque structure, but so does most folk music, and the song owes more to the Beatles - specifically "Yesterday" - than to any classical or romance composers. It's beautiful, but it's pop. It's exceedingly good and clever pop, on the whole, but it's pop. Nothing about it challenges the ear, the mind, or one's expectations, which is the defining characteristic of prog.

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2024, 03:09:34 PM »

Kids have musical rehearsal late tonight, so seems like a good time for an afternoon smoke.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5