Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:04 PM »

Dave, what about your ticket book (50+ samples/80% yardgars, but 20% good)?
He was referring to his buddy that doesn't have a ticket and will wait outside if Barry can't work his magic.  Otherwise, NJDave DOES now have a ticket and will be trick-or-treating with the rest of us.
My reply was in response to him saying he was just going to run in and get his (swag) bag, then head over to the fish house, which sounded like he was going to skip the trick or treating portion, which would be a shame.
P.S. Tony, do you still have the same cell number ......87?  In case we need to stay in touch, find out where everyone is, latest news (did LTG Dave cut himself again?), etc.
I wasn't planning on doing trick or treating.  If I can catch up with you you are welcome to the book.
Thanks, Dave. Hate to see it go unused.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2015, 11:30:38 PM »

Motorcycle's done (for now). $840.
Ouch.  Sounds like they had to get deep into the guts of it.
Not really.  Routine 5000 mi maintenance, carb rebuild, fork oil, and a couple of wiring fixes.  Still needs base gaskets done and new tires, but those will have to wait a couple of months.
Carb rebuild at 24K mi?
It's a 1993. 24k miles in 22 years. Clearly the bike did a lot of sitting. So the seals were shot.
Oh geez, that explains a lot.  Almost vintage by some definitions.  Still performing after all these years..nice (TWSS)
Yeah, and the funny thing is, she gets complements. I was sitting at a light in Tacoma, guy pulls up alongside on a gorgeous, blacked-out custom bike, looks my bike over and signals me to put my face mask up. "Nice looking bike!" He says. And I'm thinking to myself, "Uh, what?"
He was also probably hoping for a complement on his bike, too.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]