CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 4/20/2015  (Read 31833 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 4/20/2015
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2015, 03:18:04 PM »

anyone tried an "Original Cuban" cigar from CI?  looks interesting for a knockaround smoke, maybe a morning ride to work smoke.
there are so many reliable known commodities, I just have no desire for a new that is average enough to be every day.  I have limited every days.
Um, thanks?
Sorry Sam, I have no knowledge.  Is that better?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »

(what did he just say?)
I am hoping Flip or Raz and interpret that language, nothing I am familiar with myself or in other words Fuk If I Know!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »

Eagles picked up Tim Tebow.....got me excited for the season!
....NOT!
Oh, c'mon, it'll be entertaining...unless you're an Eagles fan.  Are you a closet Eagles fan there, Dave?
No but my Dad is.  Good homer that he is.
Afternoon, gents.  As a Redskins fan, I had mixed feelings when I read about our division foe possibly signing Tim Tebow.  Did you guys ever watch multiple college games which he won with his late game heroics?  One negative thing about him, someone might say is that he's inconsistent/disorganized, BUT, dang, when it came down to the wire, he was a great leader of his troops and would somehow pull a win out of who knows where.  So, he was pretty exciting to watch.  From what I've read (very little), he's been working out seriously for a good while with a quarterbacks coach and has improved his game a lot ... we will see ... If I were in a position to offer advice, it would be this:  "Let the guy play his game.  Use him in a way that accentuates his strengths and minimizes his weakenesses, instead of trying to force him into a system that doesn't use his natural and developed abilities ... in a word don't force a round peg into a square hole."  I've seen the Redskins do that so many times, it makes me sick.  They took a top beast of a college linebacker like LaVar Arrington (Penn State), who excelled in a certain style of play, tried to force him into a system that did not make use of his strengths and he ended up being a non-factor.  Frigging coaches who think they are geniuses ... I don't want to TT to excel against Washington, but as a sports fan, I enjoy watching great players exercising their talents, making great plays.  I saw some exciting football in Tebow's successful college career.  I'd just like to see him get a chance to use those talents to the max and see what happens.  Rant ended ...  Had a strong Joya de Nicaragua 1970 Antano with coffee on a deck yesterday, later followed that with a CLE Cuarenta 11/18 sipping  bourbon until the winds started whipping up and rain drops were felt.
Afternoon Sly

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »

WTF did Sly just say, is he talking about football or cigars?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2015, 03:24:29 PM »

Yes

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »

anyone tried an "Original Cuban" cigar from CI?  looks interesting for a knockaround smoke, maybe a morning ride to work smoke.
Sam, I've gotten a bundle, way back.  Did not buy another one ... that I remember ... not terrible, I think there are better smokes in the category you mentioned.  Not to repeat, but I do like the Espinosa E.O. #21, a really good summer smoke, creamy, gobs of smoke, but mild to medium, with flavor ... the "poor man's Montecristo Whiite" ...
I like the toro and double corona (churchill) the most, followed by the torpedo.  Best smoked at a normal pace, if you rush it, it can get bitter, but not at a relaxed pace.  I think they are being discontinued again, so good deals can be gotten ... they were on sale recently for about $10 off per bundle of 21.  I hand them out often and rarely get a complaint from a normal veteran cigar smoker.  Last guy, this weekend, had a two inch ash before he knocked it off. Good morning or knockaround smoke.  The Pinar del RIo sungrown torpedo (maybe the toro and churchill too, but my experience is with the torpedo) is a cigar, that I think smokes above it's price point ... I like the flavor, burn and draw.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »

Time to get something to eat then to the gate.  Later guys.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »

there are so many reliable known commodities, I just have no desire for a new that is average enough to be every day.  I have limited every days.
Um, thanks?
For someone of my intelligence, yes!  thanks! 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

Um, thanks?
For someone of my intelligence, yes!  thanks!
if you put a comma between new and average it increases readability.  edit  new and that

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »

Sam, I've gotten a bundle, way back.  Did not buy another one ... that I remember ... not terrible, I think there are better smokes in the category you mentioned.  Not to repeat, but I do like the Espinosa E.O. #21, a really good summer smoke, creamy, gobs of smoke, but mild to medium, with flavor ... the "poor man's Montecristo Whiite" ...
I like the toro and double corona (churchill) the most, followed by the torpedo.  Best smoked at a normal pace, if you rush it, it can get bitter, but not at a relaxed pace.  I think they are being discontinued again, so good deals can be gotten ... they were on sale recently for about $10 off per bundle of 21.  I hand them out often and rarely get a complaint from a normal veteran cigar smoker.  Last guy, this weekend, had a two inch ash before he knocked it off. Good morning or knockaround smoke.  The Pinar del RIo sungrown torpedo (maybe the toro and churchill too, but my experience is with the torpedo) is a cigar, that I think smokes above it's price point ... I like the flavor, burn and draw.
Thanks Sly!  Tried and liked the PdR Sungrown, a mite strong for a morning smoke for me though.  will have to look for an E.O. and give it a try!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2015, 03:30:49 PM »

Later Dave!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2015, 03:32:10 PM »

bye Dave...   Have the Chicago Beef sandwich, or a Chicago hot dog, run through the garden with the little peppers, and a poppy seed roll.   then again deep dish pizza is a native cuisine there... edit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2015, 03:34:09 PM »

Later Dave, enjoy CA

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »

Hey TR, I was trying to catch up on the banter and read the Tebow comments.  Since I had a few thoughts about the issue AND nowhere else to express them, I thought I'd uncork that bottle here.  Then, in a nod to the name of this forum, "cigarbanter", I thought I'd also throw out my most recent cigar experience (from yesterday afternoon).
Oh, and about the empty hot tub ... do you think the large hailstones could have displaced all of the water, one plop and a time?  I am sorry for the damage you suffered, but your posts had me take another look at my SUV, which is a black Honda Element.  The guy I bought it from said he had it for about a year to year and a half, but it came with NO folder of service/maintenance work ... NADA.  I bought it since it looked real good for a high mileage vehicle, clean inside and out, and it drove real nice.  I really needed something, was looking for this model, was looking for lower mileage, but he dropped the price some and I bought it.  Over time, some chips in the paint have shown up, which he obviously had touched up, and in certain light, from a certain angles I see this dimples in the roof and hood.  After reading your posts, I wonder if it had been a hail damaged vehicle and somehow made it to the DC area.  It's been a good vehicle, have only had to have a starter replaced and got some new tires after 2 1/2 years, this winter, but I do wonder about its past.  Sorry this is so long, hopefully it's comprehensible ... got to head to the P.O. and bank ... maybe have a Four Kicks later this afternoon before possible severe weather hits.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »

(what did he just say?)
He means "no", and disagrees with the concept of knockaround smokes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16