Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 07:17:33 AM »

Joe:

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park - 10/32.50
You know, for as much bitching as we do about cigar prices, these really haven't increased over the years. Not a particular favorite of mine but I know some folks dig them.
A good point. I think I've only had them in the occasional CF swag bag.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2023, 07:17:49 AM »

Early arrival to page 2.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2023, 08:42:19 AM »

Early arrival to page 2.
And then crickets.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2023, 09:30:52 AM »

Just put some pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork later. Gonna start smelling wonderful in here soon.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2023, 10:22:27 AM »

Joe:

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park - 10/32.50
You know, for as much bitching as we do about cigar prices, these really haven't increased over the years. Not a particular favorite of mine but I know some folks dig them.
A good point. I think I've only had them in the occasional CF swag bag.
I recall KC had them in his regular rotation. I received a few from the General Cigars rep (Steve) that was at the last BradFest. I may revisit during the long weekend.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2023, 10:22:54 AM »

Just put some pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork later. Gonna start smelling wonderful in here soon.
I'm starving.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2023, 10:23:46 AM »

Early arrival to page 2.
And then crickets.
Lots to do before I wrap it up for the long weekend.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »

Just put some pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork later. Gonna start smelling wonderful in here soon.
I'm starving.
The smell has started wafting downstairs and it's fantastic.

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2023, 10:34:52 AM »

Early arrival to page 2.
Well, how about that!

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2023, 10:35:41 AM »

Just put some pork butt in the slow cooker for pulled pork later. Gonna start smelling wonderful in here soon.
Does it smell like pork or butt?

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2023, 10:40:37 AM »

Today is Thursday, May 25, the 145th day of 2023.
There are 220 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight

On May 25, 2020, George Floyd, a Black man, was killed when a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee on Floyd's neck for about 9 ½ minutes while Floyd was handcuffed and pleading that he couldn't breathe; Floyd's death, captured on video by a bystander, would lead to worldwide protests, some of which turned violent, and a reexamination of racism and policing in the U.S.

On this date

In 1787, the Constitutional Convention began at the Pennsylvania State House (Independence Hall) in Philadelphia after enough delegates had shown up for a quorum.

In 1946, Transjordan (now Jordan) became a kingdom as it proclaimed its new monarch, Abdullah I.

In 1964, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Griffin v. County School Board of Prince Edward County, ordered the Virginia county to reopen its public schools, which officials had closed in an attempt to circumvent the Supreme Court's 1954 Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka desegregation ruling.

In 1968, the Gateway Arch in St. Louis was dedicated by Vice President Hubert Humphrey and Interior Secretary Stewart Udall.

In 1977, the first "Star Wars" film (later retitled "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope") was released by 20th Century Fox.

In 1979, 273 people died when an American Airlines DC-10 crashed just after takeoff from Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

In 2008, NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander arrived on the Red Planet to begin searching for evidence of water; the spacecraft confirmed the presence of water ice at its landing site.

In 2011, a judge in Salt Lake City sentenced street preacher Brian David Mitchell to life in prison for kidnapping and raping Elizabeth Smart, who was 14 at the time of her abduction in 2002.

In 2016, actor Johnny Depp's wife, Amber Heard, filed for divorce in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences after 15 months of marriage.

In 2020, a white woman, Amy Cooper, called 911 to claim she was being threatened by "an African American man," Christian Cooper, who had confronted her for walking her dog without a leash in New York's Central Park. (After a video of the confrontation was widely circulated, Amy Cooper lost her job with investment firm Franklin Templeton and was charged with filing a false police report; the charge was dismissed after she completed a counseling program.)

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »

Ten years ago: Making his first official trip to sub-Saharan Africa, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry demanded that Nigeria respect human rights as it cracked down on Islamist extremists and pledged to work hard in the coming months to ease tensions between Sudan and South Sudan. A French soldier, Cedric Cordier, was wounded in the throat in a busy commercial district outside Paris; a suspect was later arrested. Marshall Lytle, 79, the original bass player for Bill Haley & His Comets, died in New Port Richey, Florida.

Five years ago: Harvey Weinstein was charged in New York with rape and another sex felony in the first prosecution to result from the wave of allegations against him; the once-powerful movie producer turned himself in to face the charges and was released on $1 million bail after a court appearance. A student opened fire in a classroom at a suburban Indianapolis middle school; the student was tackled and disarmed by a teacher, Jason Seaman, who was shot three times as he ended the shooting, which also seriously wounded a 13-year-old girl. President Donald Trump signed a trio of executive orders to overhaul the federal bureaucracy by making it easier to fire federal workers for poor performance and misconduct. By a two-to-one margin, voters in Ireland chose to repeal a constitutional ban on abortion.

One year ago: Texas Governor Greg Abbott said that 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, the gunman who massacred 19 children and two teachers at an Uvalde elementary school a day earlier, warned in online messages sent minutes before the attack that he had shot his grandmother and was going to shoot up a school. Ramos was killed by police. Former reality TV star Josh Duggar was sentenced to more than 12 years in prison on child pornography charges. Harold Billow, the last known survivor of a World War II POW massacre during the Battle of the Bulge, died at age 99. Johnny Depp called his ex-wife's accusations of sexual and physical abuse "insane" as he returned to the witness stand in his libel suit against Amber Heard.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Actor Ann Robinson is 94.
Former White House news secretary Ron Nessen is 89.
Actor Sir Ian McKellen is 84.
Country singer Jessi Colter is 80.
Actor-singer Leslie Uggams is 80.
Movie director and Muppeteer Frank Oz is 79.
Actor Karen Valentine is 76.
Actor Jacki Weaver is 76.
Rock singer Klaus Meine (The Scorpions) is 75.
Actor Patti D'Arbanville is 72.
Playwright Eve Ensler is 70.
Musician Cindy Cashdollar is 68.
Actor Connie Sellecca is 68.
Rock singer-musician Paul Weller is 65.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., is 63.
Actor-comedian Mike Myers is 60.
Actor Matt Borlenghi is 56.
Actor Joseph Reitman is 55.
Rock musician Glen Drover is 54.
Actors Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush (TV: "Little House on the Prairie") are 53.
Actor-comedian Jamie Kennedy is 53.
Actor Octavia Spencer is 53.
Actor Justin Henry is 52.
Rapper Daz Dillinger is 50.
Actor Molly Sims is 50.
Actor Erinn Hayes is 47.
Actor Cillian Murphy is 47.
Actor Ethan Suplee is 47.
Rock musician Todd Whitener is 45.
Actor Corbin Allred is 44.
Actor-singer Lauren Frost is 38.
Actor Ebonee Noel is 33.
Musician Guy Lawrence (Disclosure) is 32.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Aly Raisman is 29.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2023, 10:46:16 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 14
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5