Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2023, 10:30:13 AM »

Today's Birthdays:

Actor Priscilla Pointer is 99.
Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson is 85.
Actor Candice Azzara is 82.
Bluegrass singer-musician Rodney Dillard (The Dillards) is 81.
Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson is 77.
Former Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., is 75.
Country singer Joe Bonsall (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 75.
Rock musician Rick Wakeman (Yes) is 74.
Rock singer Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) is 73.
Actor James Stephens is 72.
Country singer George Strait is 71.
Actor Chow Yun-Fat is 68.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Yannick Noah is 63.
Rock singer-musician Page Hamilton is 63.
Contemporary Christian musician Barry Graul (MercyMe) is 62.
Contemporary Christian singer Michael Tait is 57.
Singer-actor Martika is 54.
Comedian-writer Tina Fey is 53.
Rock singer Jack Johnson is 48.
Country singer David Nail is 44.
Actor Matt Long is 43.
Actor Allen Leech is 42.
Christian singer Francesca Battistelli is 38.
Actor Spencer Breslin is 31.
Actor Violett Beane is 27.
Actor Hala Finley is 14.

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2023, 10:30:40 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 10

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2023, 10:36:53 AM »

Kinda thin for page 3 pic's today...

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 10
4

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »

Tony, better tell Charlie to pick up some OpusX while he can:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/fire-destroys-fuente-tobacco-warehouse

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2023, 11:08:26 AM »

Another win for the cigar packaging department:

https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/punch-dad-bod-cigars.html

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2023, 12:18:30 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.
Morning, David. The day is starting off with a bang out here...and not the good kind of bang. Sheesh.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2023, 12:31:18 PM »

On May 18, 1980, the Mount St. Helens volcano in Washington state exploded, leaving 57 people dead or missing.

Bet Raz remembers that!
Do I ever. I was at the airport that morning with a friend, seeing another friend off to Colorado. We were waiting for the underground shuttle train when I felt the ground shake in a way that was somewhat in excess of what I'd expect from airliners landing or taking off. My friends didn't notice it. It was only when we got in the freeway to head home that we saw the ejecta plume.

Enumclaw is to the north, so that first eruption didn't much affect us because the winds took it east and south. But it looked like a nuke had gone off. It was the second eruption, like a week later, that delivered us about a half-inch of ash. Nasty stuff. I still have some stashed in a bottle in a box of mementos here somewhere.

When the boys were young, we were driving south to Portland. When we got to the Nisqually River I pointed out the hills around the bridge. The boys both said "Those hills? What about them?" I told them those hills didn't exist prior to 18 May 1980. They are huge piles of ash dredged out of the river and pushed off the interstate after the eruption. They're now grown over with weeds and grasses, but underneath they are small mountains of ash.

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2023, 12:39:42 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 6
Raz Over/Under is 10
Yup.

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2023, 12:40:30 PM »

Kinda thin for page 3 pic's today...
Quality beats quantity anyway.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2023, 12:50:25 PM »

Another win for the cigar packaging department:

https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/punch-dad-bod-cigars.html
Quite clever, but that packaging comes at a price.

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2023, 12:58:22 PM »

Wordle 698 3/6*

🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »

[...]

That certainly sounds like a hell of a thing.

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2023, 01:05:59 PM »

Another win for the cigar packaging department:

https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/punch-dad-bod-cigars.html
Quite clever, but that packaging comes at a price.
Isn't that always the case? But Slippery Rock isn't exactly known for their low prices, I'm sure they can be had cheaper elsewhere, assuming they're not an exclusive.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2023, 01:31:25 PM »

Another win for the cigar packaging department:

https://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/punch-dad-bod-cigars.html
That's pretty funny. Hey, what ever happened to Bad Dad? I miss his stories.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4