Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
5/17/2023
« on: May 17, 2023, 12:02:47 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 03:20:27 AM »

I hate this game. Night, lads.

Wordle 697 5/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 03:41:25 AM »

Nah, before I say g'night, I want to show you something.

This is a picture of my brothers and I talking. You can see the tip of my boot. We did this for most of three hours tonight. That's not amazing. What's amazing is that the skinny, bearded guy in the middle is in the picture at all. That's my youngest brother Nathan.

Nate is a Type II bipolar. He started using again about two years ago. We knew something was wrong, but we have a long history, so we didn't know if he was using or just being mentally ill. But then it took a serious detour and we knew what was happening, and it got ugly. That was about thirteen days ago. He was a dead man walking, but my long-suffering sister managed to get him into an ER at Harborview Medical Center, where he spent 10 days detoxing. Then he crawled up inside my guest room on Friday, while we work to get him into a rehab program.

Tonight, my brothers and I spent three hours talking. Nathan is lucid, present, and for the moment, at least, he is committed to the coming rehab. Thad and I - that's Thad on the left - are just happy to have our brother back for a moment.

It was a good night. We talked. We made plans. We tried to keep everything in perspective, and focus on getting through the day. But there was hope. My brother Nate was there, and he was talking.

I wish for all of you that you never have to deal with addiction issues in your family. If you do, I'll be there. My clan will be there. It is my hope that my brother Nathan will be there.

Peace, my friends. I truly do love you all.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:14:52 AM »

[...]

That's a lot to go through. I wish you all the best, especially Nathan. I'm happy he's got good people in his corner.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 06:15:42 AM »

Happy hump day, banterers.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 06:18:51 AM »

[...]

Ditto

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 06:19:05 AM »

Happy hump day, banterers.
And to you sir, on this fine PayDayWednesday.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 06:25:56 AM »

JoeCigar:

Oliva Serie 'G' Belicoso (5.0"x52) - 10 / $37.50

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 06:26:48 AM »

Happy hump day, banterers.
And to you sir, on this fine PayDayWednesday.
Speaking of pay day, I believe today is the date my mom gets her first social security check.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 06:30:15 AM »

Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Nica Libre Toro (6.0"x54) - 10 / $29.99

Door #2 - H. Upmann Connecticut Toro (6.0"x50) - 10 / $49.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Ark of the Covenant (Gordo) (4.5"x60) - 10 / $34.99

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 06:33:25 AM »

Happy hump day, banterers.
And to you sir, on this fine PayDayWednesday.
Speaking of pay day, I believe today is the date my mom gets her first social security check.
That's awesome. May she continue getting checks for decades to come. I always thought they got paid at the beginning of the month. Happy just to finally get some back, I imagine.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 06:44:06 AM »

Happy hump day, banterers.
And to you sir, on this fine PayDayWednesday.
Speaking of pay day, I believe today is the date my mom gets her first social security check.
That's awesome. May she continue getting checks for decades to come. I always thought they got paid at the beginning of the month. Happy just to finally get some back, I imagine.
I always thought the same thing, but I think they changed it in recent years to help out with the glut of seniors rushing to the bank at the beginning of the month.

She hasn't worked in a long time because she hasn't needed to. She applied basically the moment she hit 62, which was nearly 2 months ago. I think my dad is probably the happiest about the checks. Lol

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 07:16:03 AM »

Chillier day in store for us today. Only going up to 55, 47 right now.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2023, 07:51:23 AM »

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 07:51:46 AM »

Wordle 697 3/6*

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩