Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2023, 01:57:48 PM »

Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
You've been called worse today?
The wife had to take the kids to school, then go back to take the oldest the laptop she forgot, then back again now to pick up the youngest who says she feels like she's gonna throw up. All this to say I'm in line to be called something much worse by time grocery shopping is done. :D
Mothers Day letdown.
And maybe buy her a pack of pepto bismol chewables to take to school
(although I'm sure there are rules not allowing carrying of any medicine or self medicating)
Right you are. They wanted me to fill out a form allowing her to bring Benadryl for allergies. This form even wanted a "prescriber's" signature, like you need a prescriber for friggin' Benadryl.

I told her to keep them in her pocket or bookbag and don't share them.
My boys are going on an overnight (2) field trip this week and we went through the same with over the counter allergy medication.
I mean, I get why they're doing it, because if something happened, you know they'd be sued by some parent faster than they could blink. But still, sheesh.

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2023, 01:58:15 PM »

And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
She was one of the ones I got.
Definitely should've been on my list. I'll remember for next year!

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2023, 02:15:52 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2023, 02:52:49 PM »

And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »

Deanday afternoon.

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2023, 02:55:34 PM »

Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2023, 03:50:39 PM »

Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
My first rock concert was Loggins & Messina in 1974. I was nine. Good times.

Kenny Loggins frustrates me often. Sometimes he'll drop an album that is incredibly great, and then he'll follow up with an album that makes me say, "WTF?"  Or he'll write some incredibly great movie songs like "I'm All Right" or "Footloose," and then he'll agree to do a total Giorgio Moroder turkey like "Danger Zone" that he didn't even write. Why he did that is beyond me. It wasn't for the money, because whatever he got paid to do it is a pittance compared to what Moroder and Tommy Whitlock get, because they get the royalties.

I guess I give him kudos for being true to his muse. But when his muse ventures into neo-hippie, new-agey whatever, I'm completely disinterested. Knock y'self out, Kenny. I'll check in when your next album drops, and see where y'are then.

BH

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2023, 03:57:11 PM »

[...]

You think he's gonna read this? Maybe ClemsonDave will print it out and hand deliver it?

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2023, 04:16:51 PM »

By the way, I'm more of a Danny's Song kind of guy. The only thing I dislike more than Danger Zone is the movie it was written for. I don't think that movie stands up at all. Like most teenagers, I thought it was the greatest, at the time. I haven't seen the new one yet but I've heard it's very good.

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2023, 05:40:34 PM »

Cooking dinner

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2023, 05:41:18 PM »

Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
Have fun Dave!

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2023, 06:20:23 PM »

[...]

Nah, just talking to the cosmos, I suppose.

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2023, 06:31:47 PM »

By the way, I'm more of a Danny's Song kind of guy. The only thing I dislike more than Danger Zone is the movie it was written for. I don't think that movie stands up at all. Like most teenagers, I thought it was the greatest, at the time. I haven't seen the new one yet but I've heard it's very good.

The new movie is WAY better than the original. Seems to me Tom Cruise even went so far as to poke a fun at himself, subtly. I really enjoyed the film. Sure, there are a lot of gaping plot holes, but it was a fun ride.

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2023, 06:53:13 PM »

And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?
I did, that's why I knew the name but couldn't place the face.

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2023, 06:55:08 PM »

And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?
I did, that's why I knew the name but couldn't place the face.
But I've only seen it through once, and recently, which is probably why it escaped me.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5