Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2023, 07:46:08 PM »

Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
My first rock concert was Loggins & Messina in 1974. I was nine. Good times.

Kenny Loggins frustrates me often. Sometimes he'll drop an album that is incredibly great, and then he'll follow up with an album that makes me say, "WTF?"  Or he'll write some incredibly great movie songs like "I'm All Right" or "Footloose," and then he'll agree to do a total Giorgio Moroder turkey like "Danger Zone" that he didn't even write. Why he did that is beyond me. It wasn't for the money, because whatever he got paid to do it is a pittance compared to what Moroder and Tommy Whitlock get, because they get the royalties.

I guess I give him kudos for being true to his muse. But when his muse ventures into neo-hippie, new-agey whatever, I'm completely disinterested. Knock y'self out, Kenny. I'll check in when your next album drops, and see where y'are then.

BH
You think he's gonna read this? Maybe ClemsonDave will print it out and hand deliver it?
Nah, just talking to the cosmos, I suppose.
The Cosmos are no longer a soccer team.

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2023, 07:53:26 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2023, 07:59:58 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Sounds plausible. What brings that up?

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 08:29:06 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Sounds plausible. What brings that up?
I was just goofing.  I watched this  a bit ago and it's pretty funny.
Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics on Netflix.

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 10:52:34 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 10:57:32 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.
That's trippy.

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 11:49:55 PM »

[...]

Didn't play it tonight, but here's an interesting new one from Kenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bav5zrbe0NA&list=OLAK5uy_lN3MRLc8lKCYnqRYtfBqh6MaoPncnVuew

with Jake Shimabukuro

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2023, 11:53:08 PM »

Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.
Showing real success in resetting PTSD, non responsive depression and some others.  It is interesting.  Treatment is done in a doctors office.  They don't just give you some mushrooms and send you on your way.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]