CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 15, 2023, 02:15:30 AM

Title: 5/15/2023
Post by: CigarBanter on May 15, 2023, 02:15:30 AM
Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 05:32:55 AM
Morning, all. Happy Dean Day.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 05:33:24 AM
Joe:

Diesel Wicked - 10/39.99
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 05:34:21 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Diesel Double Perfecto - 10/37.50

Door #2 - Nub Anthology Sampler - 16/59.99
    4 x NUB Cameroon 460 (4.0”x60)
    4 x NUB Connecticut 460 (4.0”x60)
    4 x NUB DUB 460 (4.0”x60)
    4 x NUB PLUS Habano 560 (5.0”x60)

Door #3 - La Aroma de Cuba Robusto - 10/49.99
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 06:19:28 AM
Morning, all. Happy Dean Day.
Good morning, LTG. It's payday for me, which makes this particular Monday much more palatable.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 06:22:50 AM
Morning, all. Happy Dean Day.
Good morning, LTG. It's payday for me, which makes this particular Monday much more palatable.
That definitely helps.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 06:26:13 AM
I know we express similar thoughts all the time but how crazy is it that May is already halfway through?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 06:31:50 AM
Wordle 695 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 06:41:13 AM
I know we express similar thoughts all the time but how crazy is it that May is already halfway through?
It really is ridiculous. Time is just flying these days.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 06:41:51 AM
Wordle 695 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Practically twinsies!

Wordle 695 3/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 07:18:14 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 07:18:21 AM
Wordle 695 3/6

⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 07:19:46 AM
Wordle 695 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Practically twinsies!

Wordle 695 3/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
We're triplets today.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: boilerchillerman on May 15, 2023, 07:19:55 AM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 07:23:17 AM
Whiplash. Doc says I am suffering from whiplash. Apparently, the cause doesn't have to be particularly violent. A slight stumble and bump of the head while moving heavy stuff around can do it.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 07:25:50 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page1Raz.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 07:26:04 AM
Whiplash. Doc says I am suffering from whiplash. Apparently, the cause doesn't have to be particularly violent. A slight stumble and bump of the head while moving heavy stuff around can do it.
Ouch.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 08:15:32 AM
FL Man strikes again:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/teacher-points-gun-wife-she-220006375.html
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 09:19:37 AM
FL Man strikes again:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/teacher-points-gun-wife-she-220006375.html
Something in the water down there.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 09:34:23 AM
FL Man strikes again:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/teacher-points-gun-wife-she-220006375.html
Something in the water down there.
Swamp gas.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 09:40:22 AM
FL Man strikes again:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/teacher-points-gun-wife-she-220006375.html
Something in the water down there.
Swamp gas.
Definitely gives off that lawless swamp vibe.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 09:40:43 AM
Today is Monday, May 15, the 135th day of 2023.
There are 230 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

Local Trending News

On May 15, 1948, hours after declaring its independence, the new state of Israel was attacked by Transjordan, Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Lebanon.

On this date:

In 1862, President Abraham Lincoln signed an act establishing the Department of Agriculture.

In 1928, the Walt Disney cartoon character Mickey Mouse made his debut in the silent animated short “Plane Crazy.”

In 1967, the U.S. Supreme Court, in its unanimous In re Gault decision, ruled that juveniles accused of crimes were entitled to the same due process afforded adults.

In 1970, just after midnight, Phillip Lafayette Gibbs and James Earl Green, two Black students at Jackson State College in Mississippi, were killed as police opened fire during student protests.

In 1972, Alabama Gov. George C. Wallace was shot and left paralyzed while campaigning for president in Laurel, Maryland, by Arthur H. Bremer, who served 35 years for attempted murder.

In 1975, U.S. forces invaded the Cambodian island of Koh Tang and captured the American merchant ship Mayaguez, which had been seized by the Khmer Rouge. (All 39 crew members had already been released safely by Cambodia; some 40 U.S. servicemen were killed in connection with the operation.)

In 1988, the Soviet Union began the process of withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan, more than eight years after Soviet forces entered the country.

In 2000, by a 5-4 vote, the U.S. Supreme Court threw out a key provision of the 1994 Violence Against Women Act, saying that rape victims could not sue their attackers in federal court.

In 2007, the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who built the Christian right into a political force, died in Lynchburg, Virginia, at age 73.

In 2009, General Motors told about 1,100 dealers their franchises would be terminated.

In 2015, a jury sentenced Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR’ tsahr-NEYE’-ehv) to death for the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing that killed three and left more than 250 wounded.

In 2020, President Donald Trump formally unveiled a coronavirus vaccine program he called “Operation Warp Speed,” to speed development of COVID-19 vaccines and quickly distribute them around the country. Comedic actor Fred Willard, whose films included “Best In Show” and “Anchorman,” died at 86.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 09:42:23 AM
Ten years ago: Under mounting pressure, President Barack Obama released a trove of documents related to the Benghazi attack and forced out the top official at the Internal Revenue Service following revelations the agency had targeted conservative political groups. Richard Swanson, a man who planned to dribble a soccer ball from Seattle to Brazil to raise money for charity, was struck and killed by a pickup truck in Oregon.

Five years ago: Seattle Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano was suspended for 80 games for violating baseball’s drug agreement, becoming one of the most prominent players disciplined under the sport’s anti-doping rules. Former Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou was sentenced to four months in prison on charges of leaking classified information related to testimony allegedly disclosed to him illegally five years earlier when he was president and facing challenges from opponents in the legislature.

One year ago: Police said the white 18-year-old who shot and killed 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket a day earlier had researched the local demographics while looking for places with a high concentration of Black residents, arriving there at least a day in advance to conduct reconnaissance. President Joe Biden urged unity to address the “hate that remains a stain on the soul of America” after a deadly mass shooting at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the leading Democrat in the state’s high-profile Senate contest, suffered a stroke but his campaign said he was on his way to a full recovery. (Fetterman would defeat Dr. Mehmet Oz in November to win the Senate seat.)
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 09:45:11 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-singer Anna Maria Alberghetti is 87.
Counterculture icon Wavy Gravy is 87.
Singer Lenny Welch is 85.
Actor-singer Lainie Kazan is 81.
Actor Gunilla Hutton is 81.
Actor Chazz Palminteri is 77.
Former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is 75.
Singer-songwriter Brian Eno is 75.
Actor Nicholas Hammond (Film: “The Sound of Music”) is 73.
Baseball Hall of Famer George Brett is 70.
Musician-composer Mike Oldfield is 70.
Actor Lee Horsley is 68.
TV personality Giselle Fernández is 62.
Rapper Grandmaster Melle Mel is 62.
Actor Brenda Bakke is 60.
Football Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith is 54.
Actor Brad Rowe is 53.
Actor David Charvet (shahr-VAY’) is 51.
Actor Russell Hornsby is 49.
Rock musician Ahmet Zappa is 49.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Amy Chow is 45.
Actor David Krumholtz is 45.
Rock musician David Hartley (The War on Drugs) is 43.
Actor Jamie-Lynn Sigler is 42.
Actor Alexandra Breckenridge is 41.
Rock musician Brad Shultz (Cage the Elephant) is 41.
Rock musician Nick Perri is 39.
Tennis player Andy Murray is 36.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 09:50:17 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 09:52:57 AM
Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)
On the nose, 5.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 10:06:59 AM
Amish usually wear black, right Tony?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 10:16:35 AM
Amish usually wear black, right Tony?
Man, check out the size of that bale!
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 10:27:18 AM
[...]

Fourteen.

Yes, would be kind of a challenge to handicap today.  I don't usually get athletes.  To predict I'd get Kathleen Sebelius, you'd have to remember that I've worked for a Public Health agency for 19 years and counting, and even then you might bet against me unless you know that I did some work on public health data sharing that got some notice among low level policy wonks in DC, and got me some thank-you notes from the CDC.  Musicians I do okay on, but some of them here are mostly known even to serious music fans as names, not faces.

Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 10:28:51 AM

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)

Nope, just 5 for me. Don't know either of these two you mentioned. You nailed it again.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 10:41:45 AM

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)

Nope, just 5 for me. Don't know either of these two you mentioned. You nailed it again.
What? You mean not all Italians love opera?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 10:44:34 AM

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)

Nope, just 5 for me. Don't know either of these two you mentioned. You nailed it again.
What? You mean not all Italians love opera?
Rock Opera? Tommy?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 11:17:47 AM

Today's Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 9

(tough to set today, because I think Tony should be much higher than the 5 with Anna Maria Alberghetti and Lainie Kazan over LTG)

Nope, just 5 for me. Don't know either of these two you mentioned. You nailed it again.
What? You mean not all Italians love opera?
Rock Opera? Tommy?
Heh. Good answer.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 11:27:02 AM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 11:47:53 AM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 11:56:33 AM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 11:58:24 AM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
You've been called worse today?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 01:01:54 PM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
You've been called worse today?
The wife had to take the kids to school, then go back to take the oldest the laptop she forgot, then back again now to pick up the youngest who says she feels like she's gonna throw up. All this to say I'm in line to be called something much worse by time grocery shopping is done. :D
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 01:17:24 PM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
You've been called worse today?
The wife had to take the kids to school, then go back to take the oldest the laptop she forgot, then back again now to pick up the youngest who says she feels like she's gonna throw up. All this to say I'm in line to be called something much worse by time grocery shopping is done. :D
Mothers Day letdown.
And maybe buy her a pack of pepto bismol chewables to take to school
(although I'm sure there are rules not allowing carrying of any medicine or self medicating)
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 01:20:04 PM
Oh, page 3...
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 01:20:41 PM
And for Tony...
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 01:38:38 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 01:40:19 PM
Good morning guys. I will try to fix my accounts later. I'm at work.
That boiler guy is a real PITA sheesh
I'm thinking troll.  ;D
I've been called worse
You've been called worse today?
The wife had to take the kids to school, then go back to take the oldest the laptop she forgot, then back again now to pick up the youngest who says she feels like she's gonna throw up. All this to say I'm in line to be called something much worse by time grocery shopping is done. :D
Mothers Day letdown.
And maybe buy her a pack of pepto bismol chewables to take to school
(although I'm sure there are rules not allowing carrying of any medicine or self medicating)
Right you are. They wanted me to fill out a form allowing her to bring Benadryl for allergies. This form even wanted a "prescriber's" signature, like you need a prescriber for friggin' Benadryl.

I told her to keep them in her pocket or bookbag and don't share them.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 01:48:45 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
She was one of the ones I got.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 01:50:30 PM
[...]

My boys are going on an overnight (2) field trip this week and we went through the same with over the counter allergy medication.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 01:57:48 PM
[...]

I mean, I get why they're doing it, because if something happened, you know they'd be sued by some parent faster than they could blink. But still, sheesh.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 01:58:15 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
She was one of the ones I got.
Definitely should've been on my list. I'll remember for next year!
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 02:15:52 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 02:52:49 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 02:54:55 PM
Deanday afternoon.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 02:55:34 PM
Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 03:50:39 PM
Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
My first rock concert was Loggins & Messina in 1974. I was nine. Good times.

Kenny Loggins frustrates me often. Sometimes he'll drop an album that is incredibly great, and then he'll follow up with an album that makes me say, "WTF?"  Or he'll write some incredibly great movie songs like "I'm All Right" or "Footloose," and then he'll agree to do a total Giorgio Moroder turkey like "Danger Zone" that he didn't even write. Why he did that is beyond me. It wasn't for the money, because whatever he got paid to do it is a pittance compared to what Moroder and Tommy Whitlock get, because they get the royalties.

I guess I give him kudos for being true to his muse. But when his muse ventures into neo-hippie, new-agey whatever, I'm completely disinterested. Knock y'self out, Kenny. I'll check in when your next album drops, and see where y'are then.

BH
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 03:57:11 PM
[...]

You think he's gonna read this? Maybe ClemsonDave will print it out and hand deliver it?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 04:16:51 PM
By the way, I'm more of a Danny's Song kind of guy. The only thing I dislike more than Danger Zone is the movie it was written for. I don't think that movie stands up at all. Like most teenagers, I thought it was the greatest, at the time. I haven't seen the new one yet but I've heard it's very good.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 05:40:34 PM
Cooking dinner(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230515/fcfa7f1501bc1976bc54d1416346ff41.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 05:41:18 PM
Going to see Kenny Loggins tonight.
Have fun Dave!
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 06:20:23 PM
[...]

Nah, just talking to the cosmos, I suppose.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 06:31:47 PM

By the way, I'm more of a Danny's Song kind of guy. The only thing I dislike more than Danger Zone is the movie it was written for. I don't think that movie stands up at all. Like most teenagers, I thought it was the greatest, at the time. I haven't seen the new one yet but I've heard it's very good.

The new movie is WAY better than the original. Seems to me Tom Cruise even went so far as to poke a fun at himself, subtly. I really enjoyed the film. Sure, there are a lot of gaping plot holes, but it was a fun ride.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 06:53:13 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?
I did, that's why I knew the name but couldn't place the face.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 15, 2023, 06:55:08 PM
And for Tony...
Ah, I knew I recognized Jamie-Lynn's name, but couldn't place it.
You didn't watch The Sopranos?
I did, that's why I knew the name but couldn't place the face.
But I've only seen it through once, and recently, which is probably why it escaped me.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 07:46:08 PM
[...]

The Cosmos are no longer a soccer team.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 07:53:26 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 07:59:58 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Sounds plausible. What brings that up?
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 15, 2023, 08:29:06 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Sounds plausible. What brings that up?
I was just goofing.  I watched this  a bit ago and it's pretty funny.
Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics on Netflix.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 15, 2023, 10:52:34 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 15, 2023, 10:57:32 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.
That's trippy.
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 11:49:55 PM
[...]

Didn't play it tonight, but here's an interesting new one from Kenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bav5zrbe0NA&list=OLAK5uy_lN3MRLc8lKCYnqRYtfBqh6MaoPncnVuew

with Jake Shimabukuro
Title: Re: 5/15/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 15, 2023, 11:53:08 PM
Are psychedelics making a comeback?
Yes. They are being evaluated again as treatments for mood disorders and addiction disorders. Predominantly psilocybin, but also some lesser known compounds.
Showing real success in resetting PTSD, non responsive depression and some others.  It is interesting.  Treatment is done in a doctors office.  They don't just give you some mushrooms and send you on your way.