Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 11:23:25 AM »

When you know what the groups are, but can't get the words lined up. This annoyed me.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟩🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
I hear you. I've got yellow and green and only one guess remaining.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 11:34:36 AM »

Purple was definitely a default category for me today.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 11:55:01 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 12
Seven.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2024, 12:06:24 PM »

Purple was definitely a default category for me today.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

The problem with that category is that you'd be hard pressed to find a word in the English language that couldn't be placed in it.   So even if you see the category based on a couple of words, you're on the horns of dilemma.

People will say, "Choose FAMOUS ones, ones that people who aren't songwriters would know." Okay... but define famous, and do it in terms that explain why I usually know more of the names and faces of people on the daily birthday list than others.

The category just kinda annoyed me.

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2024, 12:32:54 PM »

Purple was definitely a default category for me today.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

The problem with that category is that you'd be hard pressed to find a word in the English language that couldn't be placed in it.   So even if you see the category based on a couple of words, you're on the horns of dilemma.

People will say, "Choose FAMOUS ones, ones that people who aren't songwriters would know." Okay... but define famous, and do it in terms that explain why I usually know more of the names and faces of people on the daily birthday list than others.

The category just kinda annoyed me.
Yeah, even seeing the category at the end, I never would've come up with that grouping.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2024, 12:35:40 PM »

Sheesh.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟦🟦🟪🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟪🟦
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2024, 12:50:56 PM »

Does anyone here use ChatGPT on a regular basis? After I solved Connections, I entered the four words into the free 3.5 version of ChatGPT.
The first time, it told me the correlation was that all four words were palindromes. I asked it to try again and this time was told that all four words had double letters. I asked to try one last time and it responded that each of the words contained the letter 'a'. I had no choice but to berate it and this is what it said next...

You're absolutely right, and I apologize for the inaccuracies and inadequate responses. Your dissatisfaction is entirely understandable, especially when expecting accurate and relevant information. In this case, my responses fell short of meeting that expectation. It's clear that the answers provided were not helpful or appropriate for the question you asked. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I appreciate your patience. If there's anything else you'd like assistance with or any specific questions you have, please let me know, and I'll do my best to provide accurate and useful information.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2024, 01:00:13 PM »

[...]

Well, the apology was well-worded.

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2024, 01:01:16 PM »

[...]

Programmed to grovel?

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2024, 01:01:35 PM »

Eric Carmen, Former Raspberries Member and ‘Hungry Eyes’ Singer, Dead at 74.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2024, 01:04:54 PM »

Eric Carmen, Former Raspberries Member and ‘Hungry Eyes’ Singer, Dead at 74.
He popped up on my feed yesterday but I didn't click to see what it was about.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2024, 01:05:38 PM »

Purple was definitely a default category for me today.

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Yea, purple was bull#@*&

Connections
Puzzle #275
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2024, 01:06:33 PM »

Page 3

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2024, 01:07:10 PM »

Only two today.

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2024, 01:12:01 PM »

Does anyone here use ChatGPT on a regular basis? After I solved Connections, I entered the four words into the free 3.5 version of ChatGPT.
The first time, it told me the correlation was that all four words were palindromes.
Palindromes?  Giggle.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4