Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
3/5/2024
« on: March 05, 2024, 12:07:03 AM »

Happy Tuesday! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 05:59:13 AM »

Morning, twofers.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 05:59:50 AM »

Joe:

Cuba Libre One 'The Brute' - 20/44.99

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 06:00:42 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto - 10/29.99

Door #2 - La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro - 10/34.99

Door #3 - HC Series White Shade Grown Grande (Gordo) - 20/44.99

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 06:30:01 AM »

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 06:30:26 AM »

We're back to rain here.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 06:42:28 AM »

I don't get people. I had an Italian train ticket in my email this morning for a trip from Padova to Milano. I know it was legit because I've used this system before. My conclusion is that the person ordered it online and gave my email address. That happens very often because people don't know their own GD email addresses. I didn't open the PDF in case it was malware and immediately reported it as SPAM. But I'm 99% certain when the person got on the train this morning they had to purchase another ticket.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 06:43:48 AM »

I don't get people. I had an Italian train ticket in my email this morning for a trip from Padova to Milano. I know it was legit because I've used this system before. My conclusion is that the person ordered it online and gave my email address. That happens very often because people don't know their own GD email addresses. I didn't open the PDF in case it was malware and immediately reported it as SPAM. But I'm 99% certain when the person got on the train this morning they had to purchase another ticket.
Sounds like they probably had a rough morning.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 06:53:26 AM »

I had a friend once receive online credentials for a bank account. Since his email was used, he was able to reset the password and look at the profile of the person. There was a phone number on the account so he called them. Go to find out, this old lady thought she owned that email address because she "claimed" it when she opened the bank account. That might have worked if she were banking with Gmail Savings & Loan. He very easily could have stolen the money in this account if he were a scumbag.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 07:09:39 AM »

I had a friend once receive online credentials for a bank account. Since his email was used, he was able to reset the password and look at the profile of the person. There was a phone number on the account so he called them. Go to find out, this old lady thought she owned that email address because she "claimed" it when she opened the bank account. That might have worked if she were banking with Gmail Savings & Loan. He very easily could have stolen the money in this account if he were a scumbag.
Unbelievable. This is why my parents have control of my grandpa's finances, just in case.

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 07:35:13 AM »

I had a friend once receive online credentials for a bank account. Since his email was used, he was able to reset the password and look at the profile of the person. There was a phone number on the account so he called them. Go to find out, this old lady thought she owned that email address because she "claimed" it when she opened the bank account. That might have worked if she were banking with Gmail Savings & Loan. He very easily could have stolen the money in this account if he were a scumbag.
Unbelievable. This is why my parents have control of my grandpa's finances, just in case.
Let me tell you, I'm in the Cyber Security world and I almost fall for some of these scams. They are getting quite sophisticated and less obvious. It's scary.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 08:03:21 AM »

One guess left on the Wordle, and I can think of at least 2 possibilities. Hmm...

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 08:46:49 AM »

Looks like rain is on the way later this afternoon, which will bring a front with it that will end the nice temps. Got all the way up to 77 yesterday. Yowza!

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 09:59:03 AM »

Looks like rain is on the way later this afternoon, which will bring a front with it that will end the nice temps. Got all the way up to 77 yesterday. Yowza!
Wow. Did you turn on the a/c ?

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 09:59:44 AM »

One guess left on the Wordle, and I can think of at least 2 possibilities. Hmm...
Haven't looked at it yet. Commute was hell because of the rain.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4