CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 9/4/2016  (Read 3872 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/4/2016
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »

Gorgeous day today, Hermine behaving herself.  Looks like one more heat wave for the end of the week.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »

Gorgeous day today, Hermine behaving herself.  Looks like one more heat wave for the end of the week.
Hot and humid as hell here.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 10:34:30 AM »

I got to get to work on some power washing.
I just got a douche chill. The very thought of starting that machine back up gives me anxiety. And I certainly do need to.
I just was doing a test section on the front of the house this morning but got to do the patio and pool area one of these days.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »

Got a nice package yesterday with 2 of these

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.
It is indeed. Thought it would be all rainy today and plans would be canceled but alas it looks nice out.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 10:39:24 AM »

Good morning, gents.
Morning Mayor
How goes the power washing, TXDave? Done with your test patch?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

September is:  National Bourbon Heritage Month

In 2007, Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky (bourbon’s birthplace) sponsored a bill proclaiming September National Bourbon Heritage Month, and the bill passed by unanimous consent. The designation calls for celebrating (responsibly, of course) bourbon as a uniquely native American spirit and the rich heritage and culture surrounding its production. 

What can you do to take part? You could, of course, enjoy a well-made bourbon cocktail. You could treat yourself to a top quality bottle of Pappy Van Winkle. Or you could head over to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, Kentucky, starting September 11, where you can experience and taste the rich history of American bourbon distillation in the state that produces 95 percent of the world’s bourbon.

Or you could work bourbon into your everyday home cooking for a festive change of pace. Bourbon works great in desserts, but it also adds complexity and flavor to savory dishes, where its taste—reminiscent of wood (oak and cedar), nuts (pecan and almonds), and spice (black pepper, tobacco, and cinnamon)—complements hearty dishes like grilled and roasted meats. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »

Short Story lit.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 10:45:25 AM »

Good morning, gents.
Morning Mayor
How goes the power washing, TXDave?
Done for today
You must have done it correctly because I would have been too filthy to post if it had been me.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 10:46:34 AM »

Good morning, gents.
Morning Mayor
How goes the power washing, TXDave?
Done for today
You must have done it correctly because I would have been too filthy to post if it had been me.
I cleaned up first.

My house is white limestone and it gets mildew on it when the weather is real wet like this spring and summer.  I was seeing if I should try to clean it or pay someone to do it.  Took 15 minutes to figure out the right answer - pay someone.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »

In 2007, Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky (bourbon’s birthplace) sponsored a bill proclaiming September National Bourbon Heritage Month, and the bill passed by unanimous consent. The designation calls for celebrating (responsibly, of course) bourbon as a uniquely native American spirit and the rich heritage and culture surrounding its production. 

What can you do to take part? You could, of course, enjoy a well-made bourbon cocktail. You could treat yourself to a top quality bottle of Pappy Van Winkle. Or you could head over to the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, Kentucky, starting September 11, where you can experience and taste the rich history of American bourbon distillation in the state that produces 95 percent of the world’s bourbon.

Or you could work bourbon into your everyday home cooking for a festive change of pace. Bourbon works great in desserts, but it also adds complexity and flavor to savory dishes, where its taste—reminiscent of wood (oak and cedar), nuts (pecan and almonds), and spice (black pepper, tobacco, and cinnamon)—complements hearty dishes like grilled and roasted meats. 

I have steak marinating. Perhaps I should throw some bourbon into the mix.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »

My father certainly would have and then thrown the rest down his throat.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »

My father certainly would have and then thrown the rest down his throat.
If I start drinking now, there will be talk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4