Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 07:19:44 AM »

Today's Birthdays: The former president of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, is 88. Opera singer Roberta Peters is 86. Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the Jackson musical family, is 86. Jazz musician Ron Carter is 79. Rock musician Dick Dale is 79. Political commentator George Will is 75. Pop singer Peggy Santiglia Davison (The Angels) is 72. Actor Richard Jenkins is 69. Country singer Stella Parton is 67. Actor-turned-clergyman Hilly Hicks is 66. Irish musician Darryl Hunt (The Pogues) is 66. Singer Jackie Jackson (The Jacksons) is 65. Singer-actress Pia Zadora is 64. Rhythm-and-blues singer Oleta Adams is 63. Rhythm-and-blues singer Sharon Jones is 60. Violinist Soozie Tyrell (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 59. Country singer Randy Travis is 57. Actress Mary McDonough is 55. Comedian Ana Gasteyer is 49. Actor Will Arnett is 46. Rock musician Mike Dirnt (Green Day) is 44. Contemporary Christian singer Chris Tomlin is 44. TV personality and fashion designer Kimora Lee Simmons is 41. Rock musician Jose Castellanos is 39. Sports reporter Erin Andrews is 38. Singer Lance Bass ('N Sync) is 37. Rapper/singer Jidenna is 31. Actor Alexander Gould is 22. Country singer RaeLynn is 22. Actress Amara (uh-MAH'-ruh) Miller is 16.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 07:20:25 AM »

Thought for Today: "Goodness, armed with power, is corrupted; and pure love without power is destroyed." - Reinhold Niebuhr, American theologian (1892-1971).

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 07:24:11 AM »

Morning Fish, LatterDayDave and MayorLetMeDown.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:11 AM »

Morning Rick, SuperStarDave, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Morning guys. I have to get some fertilizer down before this dew burns off.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 07:29:24 AM »

Supposed to go to Houston this morning for the day but had a voice mail to call before leaving so maybe not happening.

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:00 AM »

Morning Rick, SuperStarDave, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Morning guys. I have to get some fertilizer down before this dew burns off.
That's bullshit!

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »

From the Halfwheel this morning (all this corporate BS, the sale must really be ready to happen)

Oliva, General Deny Rumored Sale

Late last week, chatters regarding the sale of Oliva Cigar Co. to Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG), parent of General Cigar Co., began to pick up. Earlier today, The Cigar Authority went on record stating, “Oliva Cigar Company Sold To General Cigar.” That rumor has been denied by both Oliva and General. “Contrary to rumor and speculation a purchase of Oliva cigar by General Cigar is not imminent,” said Cory Bappert, vp of sales of Oliva, in a statement to halfwheel. Over the weekend, Régis Broersma, president of General Cigar Co., told halfwheel the company was not buying Oliva. That was repeated by Craig Reynolds, evp of global handmade cigar businesses for STG, who indicated the company was not in any negotiations with Oliva at this time.

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »

Door #1 looks yummy.
That would be a nice one to pick up.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:28 AM »

Morning Rick, SuperStarDave, Fishy and Mr. Mayor.
Morning guys. I have to get some fertilizer down before this dew burns off.
That's bullshit!
I always fertilize with Chicken Shit.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 07:38:05 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Stars are pretty weak

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 07:42:28 AM »

In N.Y., White House poised to create first monument to gay rights struggle

President Obama is poised to declare the first-ever national monument recognizing the struggle for gay rights, singling out a sliver of green space and part of the surrounding Greenwich Village neighborhood as the birthplace of America’s modern gay liberation movement.

While most national monuments have highlighted iconic wild landscapes or historic sites from centuries ago, this reflects the country’s diversity of terrain and peoples in a different vein: It would be the first national monument anchored by a dive bar and surrounded by a warren of narrow streets that long has been regarded the historic center of gay cultural life in New York City.

Federal officials, including Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, National Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis and Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), will hold a listening session on May 9 to solicit feedback on the proposal. Barring a last-minute complication — city officials are still investigating the history of the land title — Obama is prepared to designate the area part of the National Park Service as soon as next month, which commemorates gay pride.

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Stars are pretty weak
If my expectations had not been so low based on previous participation awards I would have been terribly disappointed!

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Stars are pretty weak
If my expectations had not been so low based on previous participation awards I would have been terribly disappointed!
I hear ya, DiamondEncrustedDave

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »

Time to prepare myself for work and make the commute with my sack of Newbie Stars, better than turds I guess.
Stars are pretty weak
GFY!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12