Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2021, 10:55:18 AM »

Scorcher still going on at the Page.

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2021, 11:09:12 AM »

On Oct. 15, 1991, despite sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, the Senate narrowly confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court, 52-48.

Five years ago: Republican Donald Trump sought to undermine the legitimacy of the U.S. presidential election, pressing unsubstantiated claims that the contest was “rigged” against him.

At least the last couple of years were historically consistent.
History is always consistent. Joe Biden is as corrupt and dishonest now as when he and Ted Kennedy - also corrupt - led the resistance to the Thomas nomination.

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2021, 11:24:30 AM »

On Oct. 15, 1991, despite sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, the Senate narrowly confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court, 52-48.

Five years ago: Republican Donald Trump sought to undermine the legitimacy of the U.S. presidential election, pressing unsubstantiated claims that the contest was “rigged” against him.

At least the last couple of years were historically consistent.
History is always consistent. Joe Biden is as corrupt and dishonest now as when he and Ted Kennedy - also corrupt - led the resistance to the Thomas nomination.
with all the past and present talk about term limits. why don't we restrict political service to every politician to two four year terms and once they are done serving we take them all out into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and dump them out. if anyone makes it back to shore alive they will be allowed to serve another set of terms if they want to. 👍🏻

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2021, 11:32:46 AM »

[...]

Term limits is a fine idea in theory, however, I doubt you'll get many in Congress to agree and make it happen.

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2021, 11:35:50 AM »

[...]

but who woundn't want to swim in the ocean? 😊

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2021, 11:39:14 AM »

[...]

Don't mistake me, I fully endorse your plan. You could put it on PPV and sell the hell out of it.

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2021, 11:49:32 AM »

celebratory cigar. still on crutches but I can start putting a little weight on my right foot. glad I btough my boot. home health aide will come next week to pull the staples and physical therapy will be coming to the house. I can even sit around now without the boot.
Can you drive?

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dave, Dean, Rick and Raz.
Howdy, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2021, 11:55:53 AM »

Stock market's up, Bitcoin is on the climb, I'm racking up overtime again, and a guy who's owed me money for a long time has made two payments in a row and insists they'll keep coming.

I think I'm going to order my next electric guitar today. It will take 6 months to finish. This is how it starts. When it's done it will look, feel, and sound like it's 70 years old.

I think you tried to explain this to me before, but I don't understand electric guitars, their craftsmanship and uniqueness.  Makes perfect sense that instruments crafted out of wood and metal  have unique voices due to materials and craftmanship.  But an electric guitar is electronics, just like a synthesizer is just electronics.  Can't any guitar be electronically adjusted to sound like any other?
What is commonly called the "electric guitar" is truly electric, not electronic.  The pickups are coils that generate a magnetic field, and the string oscillating disrupts that field in chaotic ways, which causes the coils to generate a constantly changing electric current.  The various components of the instrument - especially anything that touches a string - and how the instrument is constructed affect the distribution of frequencies in the electromagnetic energy produced by the instrument, which makes different instruments sound different.

In a sense, it's similar to vinyl LP's.  Two vinyl records may look nearly identical - both are 12 inch vinyl disks, probably black, with a hole in the middle, and each having a concentric groove.  But if one is a Rolling Stones record, and the other is by Luciano Pavarotti, then each will make the needle on the record player behave very differently, thus producing different distributions of frequencies, which we recognize as what makes the Stones sound different than Pavarotti.

Same basic principle - generation of electromagnetic waves.
Great question. Great answer. Thanks for the edjumaction, boys.

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2021, 11:59:00 AM »

[...]

Unfortunately, sometimes people take these things into their own hands. Yikes.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/reports-uk-lawmaker-stabbed-while-125258315.html

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2021, 11:59:54 AM »

Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 10
I got 10 today. I'm in Raz' league.

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2021, 12:04:56 PM »

Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 10
4
Was one of them the voice of Phineas? I didn't get that one (Vincent Martella).

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »

celebratory cigar. still on crutches but I can start putting a little weight on my right foot. glad I btough my boot. home health aide will come next week to pull the staples and physical therapy will be coming to the house. I can even sit around now without the boot.
Can you drive?
not yet, but I plan on attempting it once the staples are out next week. I'd just have to remove my boot.

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »

celebratory cigar. still on crutches but I can start putting a little weight on my right foot. glad I btough my boot. home health aide will come next week to pull the staples and physical therapy will be coming to the house. I can even sit around now without the boot.
Can you drive?
not yet, but I plan on attempting it once the staples are out next week. I'd just have to remove my boot.
You're almost there. Just be a little more patient.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7