CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 13, 2021, 12:58:52 AM

Title: 10/13/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on October 13, 2021, 12:58:52 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 05:37:07 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 05:50:02 AM
Good morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 05:54:33 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
Wasn't there another cigar that we were discussing last week that could also have been made by either of them? I don't believe we were discussing a 601.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 05:55:38 AM
JoeCigar:

Rocky Patel Vintage '90 Mini Belicoso (5.0"x54) - 10 / $37.50
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 06:02:04 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Padilla La Terraza Connecticut Toro (6.0"x50) - 10 / $21.50

Door #2 - Kristoff 8-Cigar Robusto Sampler Box / $54.99
includes:
1 x Kristoff Criollo (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Maduro (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Sumatra (5.5”x54)
1 x Kristoff GC Signature (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Ligero Criollo (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Ligero Maduro (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Corojo Limitada (5.5"x54)
1 x Kristoff Brittania Reserve (5.5"x54)

Door #3 - AVO XO Intermezzo (Robusto) (5.0"x50) - 10 / $49.99
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 06:07:43 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy humpin'.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 06:15:28 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy humpin'.
What? It's not Friday?

Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 06:37:20 AM
Morning, boyos. Happy humpin'.
What? It's not Friday?

Good morning, LTG.
Definitely feels like it should be.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:47:54 AM
Good morning, Rick.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:50:56 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
Wasn't there another cigar that we were discussing last week that could also have been made by either of them? I don't believe we were discussing a 601.
I'm not sure I was in on that discussion but another that comes to mind is the murcilego. The bat. Originally made by DPG. Supposedly reverse engineered by Erik. Now made at San Lotano factory.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 07:52:03 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 07:53:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Uh oh. Morning, SleeplessInCommieville.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:54:10 AM
Anyone an Avo fan?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:55:29 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
Wasn't there another cigar that we were discussing last week that could also have been made by either of them? I don't believe we were discussing a 601.
I'm not sure I was in on that discussion but another that comes to mind is the murcilego. The bat. Originally made by DPG. Supposedly reverse engineered by Erik. Now made at San Lotano factory.
I believe that was the one.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:55:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:56:41 AM
Anyone an Avo fan?
They have always been decent but a bit pricey. Not in my wheelhouse.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:56:58 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning Raz. Are you only addressing the young men?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 08:12:23 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 08:22:18 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's not a rule, by the way. That's just something ClemsonDave chooses to do. You are all welcome to post photos as you see fit.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 08:23:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Uh oh. Morning, SleeplessInCommieville.
Nah, went to bed early again. I mean, early for me. 11:30.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 08:23:57 AM
I got up a little earlier than usual to take care of some work things. Unfortunately, Microsoft had a global outage and I wasn't able to get to my files. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 08:24:01 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Morning, T.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 08:26:22 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning Raz. Are you only addressing the young men?
Nope, all. Idiomatically, "Morning, muchachos" is "Morning, boys" and is appropriate regardless of the ages of the boys.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 08:28:29 AM
I got up a little earlier than usual to take care of some work things. Unfortunately, Microsoft had a global outage and I wasn't able to get to my files. Sheesh.
Oh, shit. That's going to foul up my morning. Global?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 08:36:33 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 08:43:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning Raz. Are you only addressing the young men?
Nope, all. Idiomatically, "Morning, muchachos" is "Morning, boys" and is appropriate regardless of the ages of the boys.
I was unaware. Thank you.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 08:45:19 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Good morning Deano
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 08:46:03 AM
I got up a little earlier than usual to take care of some work things. Unfortunately, Microsoft had a global outage and I wasn't able to get to my files. Sheesh.
I had a hell of a time logging in this morning, I wonder if that had something to do with it.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 09:00:41 AM
About an hour to go before Captain Kirk finally makes it to space, weather permitting.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 09:03:15 AM
About an hour to go before Captain Kirk finally makes it to space, weather permitting.
.... and he's not going where no man has gone before. 😅
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 09:24:22 AM
I got up a little earlier than usual to take care of some work things. Unfortunately, Microsoft had a global outage and I wasn't able to get to my files. Sheesh.
Oh, shit. That's going to foul up my morning. Global?
Azure outage. Specifically, we use their virtual desktops.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 09:25:47 AM
About an hour to go before Captain Kirk finally makes it to space, weather permitting.
.... and he's not going where no man has gone before. 😅
Nope. Men, women, chimps, dogs. It's a pretty crowded list, actually. :D
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 09:26:14 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Thanks for that. It looks quite nice, regardless of label.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 09:27:29 AM
About an hour to go before Captain Kirk finally makes it to space, weather permitting.
He's pretty impressive for 90 and he still smokes plenty of cigars. I'm a fan.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 09:29:08 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Thanks for that. It looks quite nice, regardless of label.
this one has a crack in the wrapper but seems to draw okay.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 09:40:03 AM
About an hour to go before Captain Kirk finally makes it to space, weather permitting.
He's pretty impressive for 90 and he still smokes plenty of cigars. I'm a fan.
Ditto.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 09:41:33 AM
I got up a little earlier than usual to take care of some work things. Unfortunately, Microsoft had a global outage and I wasn't able to get to my files. Sheesh.
Oh, shit. That's going to foul up my morning. Global?
Azure outage. Specifically, we use their virtual desktops.
Our most critical systems are now in Azure. People are going to be unhappy.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 09:43:04 AM
The wife made a killer chile verde for dinner last night. I'm having leftovers for breakfast.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 09:58:25 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
From the band, I'm thinking it was the original DPG, but I'm not sure.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:02:35 AM
So depending on when that 601 blue was made it could have been made by DPG, Rocky, or AJ and could have a Connecticut broadleaf or Nicaraguan Maduro. Just sayin......
Wasn't there another cigar that we were discussing last week that could also have been made by either of them? I don't believe we were discussing a 601.
I'm not sure I was in on that discussion but another that comes to mind is the murcilego. The bat. Originally made by DPG. Supposedly reverse engineered by Erik. Now made at San Lotano factory.
With those, each iteration I liked less.  Probably one of my least favorite AJs.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 10:05:00 AM
The wife made a killer chile verde for dinner last night. I'm having leftovers for breakfast.
That sounds great.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:05:36 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Yup, looks like a cigar.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 10:07:00 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, and Bret. got a bunch of unbanded cigars I'm smoking today so no pictures.
Good morning, Dean. That's a rule, by the way. That's something  chose not to do. You are not welcome to post photos as you see fit.
fixed it.
Yup, looks like a cigar.
With a nice clean burn. Looks like a quality smoke to me.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:08:36 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Rick, Dean and EarlyRazzer.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:12:04 AM
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 13, the 286th day of 2021.
There are 79 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Oct. 13, 1792, the cornerstone of the executive mansion, later known as the White House, was laid by President George Washington during a ceremony in the District of Columbia.

On this date:

In 1775, the United States Navy had its origins as the Continental Congress ordered the construction of a naval fleet.

In 1845, Texas voters ratified a state constitution.

In 1943, Italy declared war on Germany, its one-time Axis partner.

In 1944, during World War II, American troops entered Aachen (AH’-kehn), Germany.

In 1960, John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon held the third televised debate of their presidential campaign (Nixon was in Los Angeles, Kennedy in New York).

In 1972, a Uruguayan chartered flight carrying 45 people crashed in the Andes; survivors resorted to feeding off the remains of some of the dead in order to stay alive until they were rescued more than two months later.

In 1974, longtime television host Ed Sullivan died in New York City at age 73.

In 1999, the Senate rejected the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, with 48 senators voting in favor and 51 against, far short of the 67 needed for ratification.

In 2000, South Korean President Kim Dae-jung was named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. Longtime American communist Gus Hall died in New York at age 90.

In 2003, the U.N. Security Council approved a resolution expanding the NATO-led peacekeeping force in Afghanistan.

In 2006, The United Nations General Assembly appointed South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon the next U.N. secretary-general. Banker Muhammad Yunus of Bangladesh won the Nobel Peace Prize for using microcredit to lift people out of poverty.

In 2010, rescuers in Chile using a missile-like escape capsule pulled 33 men one by one to fresh air and freedom 69 days after they were trapped in a collapsed mine a half-mile underground.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:12:52 AM
Ten years ago: Raj Rajaratnam (rahj rah-juh-RUHT’-nuhm), the hedge fund billionaire at the center of one of the biggest insider-trading cases in U.S. history, was sentenced by a federal judge in New York to 11 years behind bars.

Five years ago: Donald Trump heatedly rejected the growing list of sexual assault allegations against him as “pure fiction,” hammering his female accusers as “horrible, horrible liars.” Bob Dylan was named winner of the Nobel prize in literature. Death claimed Thailand’s longtime monarch, King Bhumibol, at age 88 and Nobel Prize-winning Italian playwright Dario Fo at age 90.

One year ago: In the first of two days of questioning by the Senate Judiciary Committee, Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett deflected Democrats’ questions on abortion, health care and a possible disputed-election fight; she declined to say whether she would recuse herself from any election-related cases involving President Donald Trump. Early voting began with long lines in Texas, one of the few places in the U.S. not allowing widespread mail balloting during the pandemic.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:21:55 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Gospel singer Shirley Caesar is 84.
Actor Melinda Dillon is 82.
Singer-musician Paul Simon is 80.
Musician Robert Lamm (Chicago) is 77.
Country singer Lacy J. Dalton is 75.
Actor Demond Wilson is 75.
Singer-musician Sammy Hagar is 74.
Pop singer John Ford Coley is 73.
Actor John Lone is 69.
Model Beverly Johnson is 69.
Producer-writer Chris Carter is 65.
Actor and former NBA star Reggie Theus (THEE’-us) is 64.
Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., is 63.
R&B singer Cherrelle is 62.
Singer/TV personality Marie Osmond is 62.
Rock singer Joey Belladonna is 61.
Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer is 61.
NBA coach Doc Rivers is 60.
Actor T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (tuh-KEE’-ah KRYS’-tal kee-MAH’) is 59.
College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Jerry Rice is 59.
Actor Christopher Judge is 57.
Actor Matt Walsh is 57.
Actor Reginald Ballard is 56.
Actor Kate Walsh is 54.
 R&B musician Jeff Allen (Mint Condition) is 53.
Actor Tisha Campbell-Martin is 53.
Classical singer Carlos Marin (Il Divo) is 53.
Olympic silver medal figure skater Nancy Kerrigan is 52.
Country singer Rhett Akins is 52.
Classical crossover singer Paul Potts is 51.
TV personality Billy Bush is 50.
Actor Sacha Baron Cohen is 50.
R&B singers Brandon and Brian Casey (Jagged Edge) are 46.
Actor Kiele Sanchez is 45.
Former NBA All-Star Paul Pierce is 44.
DJ Vice is 43.
Singer Ashanti (ah-SHAHN’-tee) is 41.
R&B singer Lumidee is 41.
Christian rock singer Jon Micah Sumrall (Kutless) is 41.
Olympic gold medal swimmer Ian Thorpe is 39.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is 32.
Actor Caleb McLaughlin (TV: “Stranger Things”) is 20.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:22:22 AM
Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 15
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 10:26:59 AM
Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 15
Fi'teen it is.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 10:28:45 AM
Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 15
13
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 10:31:07 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Rick, Dean and EarlyRazzer.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 10:35:07 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Rick, Dean and EarlyRazzer.
Morning, TDave.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 11:01:32 AM
Capsule touchdown.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 12:37:18 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 12:37:57 PM
Touchdown lull?
We were doing so well up to page 4, then ....
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 12:40:26 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 12:40:51 PM
Touchdown lull?
We were doing so well up to page 4, then ....
We're all blinded by your avatar's, ahem, headlights.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 12:47:55 PM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Rick, Dean and EarlyRazzer.
Hi Dave. I walked into a busy one today. It might warrant some OT today.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 01:02:23 PM
Touchdown lull?
We were doing so well up to page 4, then ....
We're all blinded by your avatar's, ahem, headlights.
Think one of them poked my eye out.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 01:05:08 PM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Rick, Dean and EarlyRazzer.
Hi Dave. I walked into a busy one today. It might warrant some OT today.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/Y4hz31kKWEgkv0HMoM/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 01:37:38 PM
Touchdown lull?
We were doing so well up to page 4, then ....
We're all blinded by your avatar's, ahem, headlights.
Think one of them poked my eye out.
"I'd rather be blind, than to see you go..." - Freddie King
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 01:37:50 PM
Today's Over/Under is 10
Raz Over/Under is 15
Lucky 13!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 01:39:18 PM
Touchdown lull?
We were doing so well up to page 4, then ....
We're all blinded by your avatar's, ahem, headlights.
You made me look. I'm not upset.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 02:00:40 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 02:07:55 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Surely a coupon for that was included in the gift bag they gave him when he came back.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 02:10:53 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Surely a coupon for that was included in the gift bag they gave him when he came back.
Don't call him Shirley!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 02:12:11 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Surely a coupon for that was included in the gift bag they gave him when he came back.
Don't call him Shirley!
If I add a comma in there, then it means I was calling YOU Shirley!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 02:14:32 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Surely a coupon for that was included in the gift bag they gave him when he came back.
Don't call him Shirley!
If I add a comma in there, then it means I was calling YOU Shirley!
Great point. You can call me anything you'd like.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 02:15:57 PM
I guess the new system works better than the old one. I already got paid for September. This is the fastest (earliest in the following month) I have ever been paid. That motivates me to keep showing up to work. At least for the rest of October.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: razgueado on October 13, 2021, 02:16:43 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Well, he's got the Prime Directive, anyway.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 02:18:36 PM
Capsule touchdown.
Captain Kirk still on board?
"The captain is not aboard the ship."
I wonder if Bill has Amazon Prime.
Well, he's got the Prime Directive, anyway.
Hi-yo!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 02:18:54 PM
I guess the new system works better than the old one. I already got paid for September. This is the fastest (earliest in the following month) I have ever been paid. That motivates me to keep showing up to work. At least for the rest of October.
There's some good news.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 02:19:07 PM
Speaking of good news - hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 02:29:37 PM
Grocery shopping done, now on to the important chores.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 03:47:25 PM
Haven't had one of these in a while.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 03:49:02 PM
Haven't had one of these in a while.
Is it better than you remembered?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 04:51:17 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 05:12:03 PM
Haven't had one of these in a while.
I haven't seen one of those in a loooong time.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: FloridaDean on October 13, 2021, 05:14:33 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
Glassken use to smoke those. I remember splitting a box of the plain old Henry Clay.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 05:17:16 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
Glassken use to smoke those. I remember splitting a box of the plain old Henry Clay.
This is the new War Hawk. It's a Connecticut offering.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 05:18:14 PM
Haven't had one of these in a while.
Is it better than you remembered?
I would say so.  Not quite in my general flavor profile, lot of leather and earth with some breading, but full mouthful and a nice finish.  Think it has aged well. Reminded me of when I thought "hard" cigars couldn't smoke well.  This one burned slow and steady.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:38:19 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:44:44 PM
Honey I'm home(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/0dec7febbe334f384d807296a6901b19.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:45:18 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:54:53 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 07:56:27 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 07:59:27 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
The Romeo, the Onyx, and that particular Diesel I had not previously tried.

Edit: Also never smoked the Espinosa Habano.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: bluecollar on October 13, 2021, 08:13:49 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
The Romeo, the Onyx, and that particular Diesel I had not previously tried.

Edit: Also never smoked the Espinosa Habano.
You should find one or more of them you listed that suits your tastes. I will remember to include the War Hawk in a future send off. I'm smoking a Espinosa Habano right now.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 13, 2021, 09:22:05 PM
FyR

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211014/4620e8bb077c6e70abb982d25b52dfd1.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 09:59:08 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
The Romeo, the Onyx, and that particular Diesel I had not previously tried.

Edit: Also never smoked the Espinosa Habano.
One of my favorite Diesels, especially when I have it wit this.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 09:59:58 PM
FyR

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211014/4620e8bb077c6e70abb982d25b52dfd1.jpg)
Did you buy these or do you still have leftover from CF days?
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 10:01:19 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
The Romeo, the Onyx, and that particular Diesel I had not previously tried.

Edit: Also never smoked the Espinosa Habano.
One of my favorite Diesels, especially when I have it wit this.
Never tried that bourbon either. I'll look for it and go with the recommended pairing.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:01:39 PM
For my evening..
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 13, 2021, 10:04:25 PM
Hey Tony, smoke this one yet? I think I may have sent you one.
Yes I am still working(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/7d6ee3c6f1839f768361527762984cb4.jpg)
I definitely didn't smoke it yet.  Don't remember for sure it was one of the sticks. Let me check.
Nope, double checked. It wasn't.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211013/f50bfa60f3bf7bc8d57e4266288645dc.jpg)
Oh man. I will have to figure a way for you to age more cigars
I'm curious. Any of those or ones you see me post any you have not tried?
The Romeo, the Onyx, and that particular Diesel I had not previously tried.

Edit: Also never smoked the Espinosa Habano.
One of my favorite Diesels, especially when I have it wit this.
Never tried that bourbon either. I'll look for it and go with the recommended pairing.
Rabbit Hole has a number of different presentations including a Rye.  This is the Sherry Cask aged (same as the cigar).  Really brings out the fruit in the cigar.
Title: Re: 10/13/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 13, 2021, 10:13:11 PM
[...]

Cool. Always looking for a new bourbon to try.